Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shujral

Removing TS effect

Would you like to see the a/d reducing effects of TS potions removed?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, would you like to see other changes made? (changes to mobs, spawns, etc.)

• Yes (please post and elaborate)
    • NO

All started with this:

elscreen481.png

albeit Radu already said that he won't change his mnd,I'm interested to hear what people said.

ok for the most part - I agree. It just turns the whole concept of that potion into a complete joke. "I naaw have tru site so i can c more clearly how 2 get moar exp". Illogical.

BUT as this can cause many bitching and stuff, I think the cap should be changed from -15 to -8 or something and then we'll see how it goes.

Also, on the note of other changes, you can't take with both hands, you need to add some of the more popular monster/creatures and find out why some monsters are so called "untrainable". Take with one hand, and give with another :D

Just know that you can't directly compare between the training of today and the training of the past. Back then, there were no attribute caps and restoration meant full health. Things are a bit different now, esp with the addition of astro. I for one would like to see cyclops and armed orcs weakened by a fraction as currently - they hit way too hard for my "low" toughness to withstand. Plus, their drops suck too compared to the much loved ogres (drops can be an important factor to some).

Well, not sure if I remove it completly, or just remove the stacking effect, but if I remove it completely I will make some more spawns and possibly 2 'bridge' monsters.

if I remove it completely I will make some more spawns and possibly 2 'bridge' monsters.

I voted no, because it's too hard for me to train DCW and armed orcs aren't really trainable for me. If there's a bridge monster between ogres and dcw this would help immensely.

My stats:

popeye

Main Attributes

Physique: 20/20 Coordination: 24/24 Reasoning: 6/6 Will: 12/12

Instinct: 4/4 Vitality: 16/16

Cross Attributes

Might: 22/22 Matter: 16/16 Toughness: 18/18 Charm: 10/10 Reaction: 14/14

Perception: 5/5 Rationality: 9/9 Dexterity: 15/15 Ethereality: 14/14

Skills

Overall: 71/71

Attack: 71/71

Defense: 78/78

Magic: 38/38

Harvest: 81/81

Manufacture: 19/19

Alchemy: 54/54

Potion: 9/9

Summoning: 6/6

Crafting: 24/24

Engineering: 12/12

not voted yet ^^^^

even though removing ts completely wouldnt be great for me personally, more spawns and more mobs is better for the game so im inclined to say scrap TS, but only if the benefits are realy noticable ( like being able to TS is a huge benefit )

*edit* im 92/97 a/d and with TS could go on alot longer with fluffs , beneficial to me but part of the problem to , having peeps 110 def lvl TSing onto fluffs

Edited by Ateh

I voted no, because it's too hard for me to train DCW and armed orcs aren't really trainable for me. If there's a bridge monster between ogres and dcw this would help immensely.

What are u smoking lol?

There's already 3 'bridge' monsters between Ogres and DCW: Clops, Fluff, Feros.

EDIT: typo

Edited by Korrode

What are u smoking lol?

There's already 3 'bridge' monsters between Armed Orcs and DCW: Clops, Fluff, Feros.

Clops are a little hard. You're an ass.

If there's a bridge monster between ogres and dcw this would help immensely.

armed orcs, clops, fluffy, and feros are in between ogre and dcw.

I voted no to removing it. I'd like to see it go to to -8 and remove the stacking effect. I like the alternate idea of new bridge creatures, but TS helps enable finding a pvp partner too.

Edited by Quesar

if I remove it completely I will make some more spawns and possibly 2 'bridge' monsters.

aren't two of the most "trainable" creatures inbetween a-orcs and DCs?

#edit: 666 posts ;o

Edited by Shujral

I can't effectively train on clops. I can effectively ts train on ogres right now.

I vote yes, IF there are more bridge monsters added. Although I like the TS failing effect, I think that more trainable monsters would free up way more spawns and would be better for the game. :rolleyes:

I voted No because if TS is removed i would have a very hard time training because my att/def gap is huge. :rolleyes:

The gap would close up if TS pots removed :P

You'd have to fight a creature low enough so that u can hit it, but with your def so high you would get pretty low def exp.

...i just cant seem to help pointing out these things, it's like a fetish :devlish:

Well, not sure if I remove it completly, or just remove the stacking effect, but if I remove it completely I will make some more spawns and possibly 2 'bridge' monsters.

Looking at the creatures that could use a bridge monster in between, Im guessing these would be around chim level ?

If you are going to change the Ts effect, I would just get rid of it completly, to save maybe once again changing it in the future, then we all know the deal from the off and can learn to deal with it.

Voted Yes/Yes btw

I like that idea. .. please something between ogres and cycs.. or something around the feros/chim lvl.. slesser spawn???

or both :rolleyes:

No and No, everything is ok as it is now.

If there was an alternaitive to fluffy/feros then I woudnt care about ts, but there is no,

by the meaning of drops(which I care the most) and exp. Chims dont drop a smeg.

Edited by Desertus

... though I just started to make TS pots for gc profit (I guess the demand will be decreased and the walks to AA NPC are loong)

Derzelas is much closer to a storage than Mariana, use her services instead :rolleyes: