Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hermit

Invasion Ranks

Well its basically as it sounds...

The more invasion monsters the higher rank you get. Could start out as citizen and move up to knight or something. Each rank would have skill and attribute bonuses for fighting against invasion creatures only. I guess they'd have to be really hard to earn, maybe 5 levels, kill 10k invasion monsters to get each lvl, could also be a increase like kill 1k to get the first level and 40k~ to get the last?

It would be a good incentive for people that never do invasions and a benefit for those that do.

It would be a good incentive for people that never do invasions and a benefit for those that do.
I'm afraid it's would more likely be good incentive for people to kill invasion critters below their a/d level so they can kill more critters faster. We've already got a problem with people fighting below their levels which means less critters for others to find. I'm not sure we need something that would further increase that problem.

I'm afraid it's would more likely be good incentive for people to kill invasion critters below their a/d level so they can kill more critters faster. We've already got a problem with people fighting below their levels which means less critters for others to find. I'm not sure we need something that would further increase that problem.

Could be tweaked so, that if you kill creatures "much" weaker then you (using combat level for example) you get negative points.

Just count the monsters that would normally attack you, so mobs that ignore you will not count :D

Turns everything around, motivates people to kill monsters that have reasonable strength compared to their level.

Most suggestions are imperfect, but its the idea that counts.

I really like this idea, to prevent abuse you could be given a number of points dependant on the strength of the monster. Then you could have ranks for total monsters killed and average difficulty etc (so if you only kill dragons in invasions you'd have a very high average). I think this would not only be fun but also encourage higher level players to fight as high level as they can.

Just count the monsters that would normally attack you, so mobs that ignore you will not count :D

Turns everything around, motivates people to kill monsters that have reasonable strength compared to their level.

Most suggestions are imperfect, but its the idea that counts.

I like that. Zero for killing weaker than X. + for killing stronger than X, more or less depending on how strong is it compared to you.

Edited by Hermit

I'm afraid it's would more likely be good incentive for people to kill invasion critters below their a/d level so they can kill more critters faster. We've already got a problem with people fighting below their levels which means less critters for others to find.

:D I'm 71/78. What would you say is my level? I've been on c2 when Cocks, yetis, Dragons, Hill giants, Feros, you name it has been there. All pawn me. I've been on c1 when DC's were attacking in DP. I did kill one or two, but it was hard. I died a few times. So, how would you determine what someone is supposed to fight during an invasion? :)

I think the point was that high level players would go to VOTD to pawnz0r spiders for more points. The 25 a/d people looking for some genuine excitement would be left with nothing. No one has a problem with fighting a bit below your level (especially if there are no go-between mobs). The concern is over "farmers"

Edited by Shujral

I LOVE this idea.

But it a prob for pr0's killing low levels for points.

I think that there should be special invasion monsters (like shy rats, invisible shy rats) that give points.

But only like 200 out of 1000 should be in an invasion and like 1 out of 20 for GIWS invasions.

These special monsters will be like those monsters in instance. Higher the level..more points......

Since these monsters won't give a/d xp (a little idea of my own) no one will find out there a/d very fast.

Sounds nice, but this suggestion ignores teamwork and mostly rangers. Currently only one person gets the kill on multi (wild assumption based on #pki), and having everyone fighting a creature get the points gives some to those not deserving it = ranks that mean nothing. Eventually this will be same as it was with pki. And what comes to rangers, as long as they can't get the points from the kill the idea will be a fail / more whining.

Case:

Chuck_Norris goes to invasion to earn those ranks and suddenly finds himself followed by lowlife_noob, fr33stoofplox, rankhunter1, leg0laZ3, immaleeth4xrankz0r and steven_seagal. Only ice dragons left - a nice breakfast for Chuck. The rest follow chuck and engage fight the moment a dragon is going to get the final blow. Chuck gets 31 points and the über raid team gets 2 rank ups and a hard on.

As Dugur said above, that would be useless for mages and rangers.

The only solution I can see would be based on counting hp total. You deal 10 damage to the invasion mob, you are geting 10 points, no matter whether it is done with weapon, magic or bow.

Well that all depends though, ranging/magic can be done on any map (not just VOTD which is the popular destination). Just find a nice spot, sit there and wait for the monsters to come to you as invasions are normally spread out upon 2 continents. Invasions aren't really geared toward these skills to begin with. One just has to be smart and know where you can do these in peace, at your leisure, and most importantly get the drop + rank xp. Most dragons can't be killed in 1 run w/o dis and mana refills anyway from a top fighter so they are also risking the same thing.

I just guess in my vision teamwork was not the main vision. Though cruella's idea of HP damage would do this. Maybe only this for dragon? So people aren't rank serping from say someone fighting a ACW. (rank serping being shooting or harming a MOB being fought be another player)

Edited by Hermit