Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ValeriaOfCapri

Copper and Tin - Lack of Demand

My experience has been that it is extremely expensive to mine, smelt and mold these items (60k gc ea ore for the books) plus Matter conglom or sword needed to harv and that there is virtually no demand for them in game. Just wondering if some armors, weapons, rings, etc. could be added that will make this research and harvesting useful. If this has been raised before, I apologize for the post. Didn't see anything specific on this in search results.

Val :P

My experience has been that it is extremely expensive to mine, smelt and mold these items (60k gc ea ore for the books) plus Matter conglom or sword needed to harv and that there is virtually no demand for them in game. Just wondering if some armors, weapons, rings, etc. could be added that will make this research and harvesting useful. If this has been raised before, I apologize for the post. Didn't see anything specific on this in search results.

Val :)

Did you forget about Bronze armours? :P

PS: I would love to see some wearable rings - even if its a crappy bronze ring, it would be a nice addition.

No point to make Night Visors when Dchims drop them.

Not everybody can or wants to fight desert chims to get one in a drop.

Related thread: The Bars, the Bars..., Do you do the high-level (tin+, excepting hydro) bars?

Response from that indicates most only do copper/tin/bronze for their own use, and rarely at that.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make. There are so few uses for tin+copper=bronze that it is cheaper to buy items or wait for drops. Rarely high level players will do just enough to make items for themselves which makes mining tin and copper virtually useless to everyone else. Hence the argument that there is not enough demand (read as NO demand) to justify the cost associated with researching on these.

I was trying to spur players into thinking of new uses which could be added at some point to create some demand for tin and copper. And yes, rings and medallions would be good along with maybe some mid-lvl weapons and armors that are a combination of bronze and another metal.

Valeria :P