Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jajohn

make mules able to harvest

I have this idea: make mules able to harvest some plants from level 10 or something like that

10 level mule is skilled and I thnk it could "pick flowers with its mouth and put them into bag"

it might be slow way of harvesting(half normal harvest speed,or something like that)

OR create a shapeshifting god- that would give you more EMU while muled,or would allow you to harvest some small plants.

I don't see mules effective now as they are,only good for instances a little.

but I don't want to make them something extra on the other side,so I think the god is not a bad sollution to this.

Please respond;)

The reason that mules can't do anything useful (apart from be what they are - mules) is that the client crashes if a level is achieved and eye candy is enabled.

I could go into the technical reasons but I won't. Suffice to say we know why.

One player harvests a ton of stuff while the other mules in mule shape - fast way to get all of your harvested stuff to sto, isn't it? How is that not effective?

In tests I found that a maxed out mule (me!) can keep up with at least 4 silver miners. One trip to storage and back is 1100 ores

The reason that mules can't do anything useful (apart from be what they are - mules) is that the client crashes if a level is achieved and eye candy is enabled.

Well... i didn't look the source code, but i suppose at least a variable is made to declare that the char is in mule form. So i suppose there is a function for level up. So i suppose that in that particular function the mule variable could be passed as argument, so i think it could be really easy to bypass the problem with "if varmule != 1 { eyecandy }" if the variable is not 1 (default value for the variable passed to the function = 0) the eyecandy part is ignored... let me count... 4 lines of code, three new lines (the if one, the closing } and the variable declaration) and one edited (the argument one). :cry:

Really, i'm sure (i hope) the matter is somewhere else, because it is really impossible that no one think about it :hug:

I don't like this idea. My reasoning is rather simple. Mule has no arms, but four legs. Harvesting plants? More like eating them. Harvesting any minerals - simply impossible without an ability of using tools. Harvesting dung? More of producing it (after ``harvesting'' plants).

well,if they cannot do the eye candy,do it like with a/d;)

no experience from anything while being a mule.

That would enable mixing,but most players wouldn't do it either.

However, I did not even want to make them able to mix.

But I think the harvesting could be implemented, maybe with some side effects:

-the mule eats 3/4 of the flowers,so you get only 1/4 of the normal ammount

-the mule stops harvesting after every 50 flowers,because it is boring and there are interesting things happening around

-the mule can find a rare stone,but it can't know it is rare,so you would get a message that"jajohn found an animal removal stone but was too stupid to recognize it" or something like this

-the mule can get poisoned by eating some bad flowers or by eating too much of them

choose some or add some;)

but I don't really see any problems in that eye candy stuff

How about changing the main idea of a mule... like it would cost quite a lot more and instead of shapeshifting into it, you would buy it like a horse with similar limitations. Then you could use it as a carrier for loads of your goods and still would be able to harvest, etc ... it would follow you like the chest from DiscWorld ;-)

That is not why...

In tests I found that a maxed out mule (me!) can keep up with at least 4 silver miners. One trip to storage and back is 1100 ores

This is why. They're not meant to do more than mule.

ranger- this was suggested before and I think it was how the mules were planned to work at the beginning, then it was changed to shapshifting(well,I am not sure about this)

Roja- thanks,I like straight answers