Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Serping spawns

Yes... if this is related to Suddensam and Kad today, then your story is full of misinformation and in some places outright lying.

I'll go into more detail if you are infact from or representing Suddensam and Guild {FD}.

Hmm.. Well, while I think that if the spawns were not designed (intentionally or not) to be multitrainable and the exp per single mob is decent, then spawn sharing isn't really a bad thing. But they should still ask the other party who was there politely if it's ok.

Now, on the other hand if it's a double spawn that is only good exp with both mobs, and someone comes over and starts attacking one of the mobs on the spawn (even if they dont attack the mob you are fighting), then I feel the trainer who was there first would be perfectly justified to pull out their best weap and serp the spawns of the spawn stealer indefinitely. Infact, if this ever comes up, and if I'm playing, let me know, I'll help serp the spawn stealer. :confused:

I don't think that the "nobody owns a spawn" thing can be used with a double standard, atleast in so far as a 'community rule' goes. That is, if it's ok to steal a spawn, then it's just as ok to serp it. Therefore, if someone steals your spawn, serp them!

:)

-Senia

Is this the new "Free ticket" for strong guilds, to get their multi spawns ??? cant be....

They're free to brown tag just as you are. If you enter a PK map, you can die. Some folks like to fight>get aggro.

@ Korrode

I don't not speak for {FD}.

This was my own impression of this situation as {FD}Member.

If the reason was not to get the multi spawn for him alone, then im sorry about saying that.

And then i dont care about this anymore.

The point is im getting annoyed (btw. u not?) that there seems to be no other solution for those small minor bulls... conflicts to do everytime a browntag threat to the whole guild.

As for me they could serp themselfs the whole day, if they think they can solve their problems in this way.

The only thing im interestet in this case is because of the browntag.

The question is will u browntag us all (including the new people who do not even know your guild) ,if Kad and Sam are goining on to solve their problems in this way or not?

thats all i say about[13:00:13] #GM from suddensam: so mir langts kadlub serpt mich wieder

[13:00:15] KADLUB: go somewhere else

[13:00:19] #GM from Dopee: lol

[13:00:21] KADLUB: ure here for 6 hours

[13:00:30] suddensam: and ?

[13:00:57] KADLUB: and i m taking the spawn

[13:00:59] suddensam: www do it 24 hours a day

[13:01:13] #GM from Dopee: komm nach kusa da ist es ruhig

[13:01

i trained on one fc other spawn are free also mc was free

Edited by saam

whats the prob. again with our guild {FD}????

nobody here do serp spawns or whatever....

Suddensam serped us first.

Kick him and we un-set brown oki :>

[23:06:23] [suddensam @ 6]: wo hoo ty www now i called it now www lands

[23:06:40] [TinY @ 6]: ?.]

[23:06:52] [Lilinallte @ 6]: translation pls

[23:06:55] [KADLUB @ 6]: lol

[23:07:44] [Korrode @ 6]: that's almost good enough to make my siggy sam :)

[23:07:44] [sabbath @ 6]: lmfao

[23:08:06] [sabbath @ 6]: shouldn't serp when you can't handle being serped yourself =\

[23:08:20] [Korrode @ 6]: thats about it :P

[23:08:30] [suddensam @ 6]: wohoo should i cry now?

[23:08:49] [KADLUB @ 6]: already got 1kgcs from suddens' spawn \o/

[23:08:59] [suddensam @ 6]: gratz ^^

[23:10:07] [Korrode @ 6]: so sam, just so we're clear, you're complaining that kad came and took 3x chim spawn in tirnym?

[23:10:17] [Korrode @ 6]: when u were 'on it'?

[23:10:24] [Dilly @ 6]: lol :)

[23:10:48] [Dilly @ 6]: give him 'the link' pls :)

[23:10:55] [Korrode @ 6]: nonono dills

[23:11:00] [sabbath @ 6]: lol

[23:11:02] [Korrode @ 6]: let him admit it first

[23:11:08] [KADLUB @ 6]: :>

** Then we have a 1min 21sec wait where no doubt someone PM's him and tells him about this thread **

[23:12:29] [suddensam @ 6]: i share spawns everytime

For a minute there i thought we'd get to see Radu and his 500/500 p/c serp spawns :)

Anyways, to be fair, the issue here isn't really simple 'wanting of multiple spawns to ones self', it's a long standing feud between 2 guilds.

[23:06:23] [suddensam @ 6]: wo hoo ty www now i called it now www lands

[23:06:40] [TinY @ 6]: ?.]

[23:06:52] [Lilinallte @ 6]: translation pls

[23:06:55] [KADLUB @ 6]: lol

[23:07:44] [Korrode @ 6]: that's almost good enough to make my siggy sam :)

[23:07:44] [sabbath @ 6]: lmfao

[23:08:06] [sabbath @ 6]: shouldn't serp when you can't handle being serped yourself =\

[23:08:20] [Korrode @ 6]: thats about it :)

[23:08:30] [suddensam @ 6]: wohoo should i cry now?

[23:08:49] [KADLUB @ 6]: already got 1kgcs from suddens' spawn \o/

[23:08:59] [suddensam @ 6]: gratz ^^

[23:10:07] [Korrode @ 6]: so sam, just so we're clear, you're complaining that kad came and took 3x chim spawn in tirnym?

[23:10:17] [Korrode @ 6]: when u were 'on it'?

[23:10:24] [Dilly @ 6]: lol :P

[23:10:48] [Dilly @ 6]: give him 'the link' pls :P

[23:10:55] [Korrode @ 6]: nonono dills

[23:11:00] [sabbath @ 6]: lol

[23:11:02] [Korrode @ 6]: let him admit it first

[23:11:08] [KADLUB @ 6]: :>

** Then we have a 1min 21sec wait where no doubt someone PM's him and tells him about this thread **

[23:12:29] [suddensam @ 6]: i share spawns everytime

QOTW worthy :P

The rule should be simple - it is okay to attack any creature that is not engaged in combat and has full hp.

The meaning of serping should be limited to attacking a creature someone else fights ...

agreed.

and that should be still considered outlaw.
depends- not everyone who does this is up to "stealing your spawn" as you put it !

Imagine you just finished fighting a creature, someone else comes and kills the one that just spawned (it has full HP and you were not fast enough to attack it). You couldn't even complain about spawn being taken from you.

I am ok with training on just 1 creature, what annoys me more is people using weapons in feros cave or dc in bethel.

You guys sound so dead serious about your fighting business. Imagine you are running across a few maps, fighting some of the creatures you meet, and suddenly and unexpectedly getting a bossy and rude remark from someone who considers this creature "their own" and death-threatens you or even your guild ! What's so wrong about going on a hunt with your sword and getting "sub-optimal" XP ? It's supposed to be a game, not a constant struggle for being better than the others ! But then again, I do realize the effort to be put into powerleveling is immense...

Just a small illustration. Today I had to relocate three times total. I only needed 1 spawn. Damn that Orc Slayer in my inv was tempting. I hope these double trainers can imagine how this pissed me off. Guildies told me to serp.

- Me at 28:122 spawn

NosferatuS: ?

machevort: Well, Im training here. Not that weird right?

NosferatuS: no its my spwan

NosferatuS: i was go kill second fero

machevort: Well, if you re not next to it, I cannot smell that dude

- So I relocated to other spawn 56:137

[PM from NosferatuS: can u go on others spawns ?]

[PM from NosferatuS: its duble spawn]

[PM to NosferatuS: Why? You have a spawn right?]

[PM from NosferatuS: yea but i was have 2 spawns]

[PM from NosferatuS: other is free im sure]

[PM to NosferatuS: WWW guy training there]

[PM from NosferatuS: if no u can back here]

[PM to NosferatuS: Also double. Im sure he s gonna ask me the same]

[PM from NosferatuS: yea buy there is two duble and 1 normal]

[PM to NosferatuS: I AM DOING YOU A FAVOR BY THAT. IT DOES NOT HELP ME, ONLY YOU. You know, Radu would serp double trainers himself]

[PM from NosferatuS: ok tyvm]

Moments later... After second relocation to 133:110

DarkPresent: take 300

DarkPresent: this is mine :evilgrin:

[PM from NosferatuS: 54 he's more and i go away]

machevort: Another guy like that

[PM to DarkPresent: Nosferatus guy just told me to take other spawn]

[PM to DarkPresent: You guys piss me off]

[PM from DarkPresent: no no, here have 4 free spowns i just tell u this one who u kill is from my double, other 2 spowns are yours]

[PM to DarkPresent: Cmon, I just want to train on 1 spawn. Twice I have to relocate already. Wasting MY time]

Relocation to 137:153

[PM from DarkPresent: sorry about that.]

Edit: Its not that I hold a grudge against the two ppl I just happined to meet today. Many ppl do this, not just those two. I sword two spawns as well, but I NEVER asked anyone to relocate, though I hope ppl do by themselves:P.

Edited by machevort

i'm a supporter of 1 spawn per person, but, if there is a free single spawn, why not take that rather than depriving a trainer of a double spawn?

If you take a 2nd spawn from a trainer when there's another single spawn free, you make it so both of you only get single spawn exp, where as if you go take a free single, one person gets double spawn exp and the 2nd person gets exactly the same exp on a single spawn as what they'd be getting anyway.

idk if i've made my point well cause kinda drunk.

As per Radu's statement, if i show up at Tirnym triple chim spawn and someone is there, i will start killing chims anyways... guess from now on it'll just be a race to them as they spawn.

EDIT: typo

EDIT2:

Also, i will post here logs of all people who complain about it, and any guilds who 'shitlist' my guild for me doing this.

EDIT3:

Also, for the record, i'm not happy about this, i want 3xDouble spawns as per my post in Suggestions section, so 3 people can train with no "serping"... but im sick of only 1 good FCW/MCW spawn in the whole game, that i could have to wait hours and hours to get if someone is 'on' it.

gj contradicting yourself, first you talk about serping, now its move to another spawn if there is one free?

Lol....

1st off, suggestions for three double spawns so "three people can train" is retarded...how selfish are u? cmon...really... Take note of how many players there are that are able to train feros and how many feros spawns there are in game... 5 in nrm, 6 bethel cave....only 11 spawns for so many more players and so u think changing that to 8 spawns for ppl....gj

2nd, considering it's obvious some spawns are considerably 'easier' to hold than others, i dont blame mache for wanting that spawn instead of the '300' spawn. And as its constantly said, "a spawn isnt owned" so DP should be kissing Mache's dingding that he was nice enough to move to a different spawn.

"If you take a 2nd spawn from a trainer when there's another single spawn free, you make it so both of you only get single spawn exp, where as if you go take a free single, one person gets double spawn exp and the 2nd person gets exactly the same exp on a single spawn as what they'd be getting anyway."

So only one person should have the chance to get 2x exp and the other not? If a person is desperate enough for 2x exp, then they can figure out a different spawn to use as their 2nd if some1 wants "their other" spawn

Please stop making suggestions until u think of good ones ;\

i'm a supporter of 1 spawn per person, but, if there is a free single spawn, why not take that rather than depriving a trainer of a double spawn?

If you take a 2nd spawn from a trainer when there's another single spawn free, you make it so both of you only get single spawn exp, where as if you go take a free single, one person gets double spawn exp and the 2nd person gets exactly the same exp on a single spawn as what they'd be getting anyway.

idk if i've made my point well cause kinda drunk.

If I find a free spawn, I want to take it. Why should I make a sacrifice (e.g. wasting time looking for a new one), for a multi-trainers xp? Besides, in this case there happened to be a free spawn. This is not always the case, leading to even more wasted time and energy (convincing multi-trainer there really isnt other free spawn) on my part, for the multi-trainers gain.

Summarized: Why should a new trainers invest all this time and energy performing favors for some (in the 2nd case of example brown-tagged) multi-trainer?

Lol....

1st off, suggestions for three double spawns so "three people can train" is retarded...how selfish are u? cmon...really... Take note of how many players there are that are able to train feros and how many feros spawns there are in game... 5 in nrm, 6 bethel cave....only 11 spawns for so many more players and so u think changing that to 8 spawns for ppl....gj

what?

My suggestion was for f/m.chims, not feros.

My suggestion was prior to MCW respawn being further lowered.

2nd, considering it's obvious some spawns are considerably 'easier' to hold than others, i dont blame mache for wanting that spawn instead of the '300' spawn. And as its constantly said, "a spawn isnt owned" so DP should be kissing Mache's dingding that he was nice enough to move to a different spawn.

No spawn in the bethel cave is 'hard' to hold. :P

"If you take a 2nd spawn from a trainer when there's another single spawn free, you make it so both of you only get single spawn exp, where as if you go take a free single, one person gets double spawn exp and the 2nd person gets exactly the same exp on a single spawn as what they'd be getting anyway."

So only one person should have the chance to get 2x exp and the other not?

:blink: um, neither will get 2x exp is a person takes the 2nd spawn of a double-trainer... they'll both just get 1x... cause they'll each have 1x spawn...

So it's;

Both people get 1x exp.

- or -

One person gets 2x exp and the other gets 1x exp.

See how the 2nd option is way more logical?

...unless of course you're specifically trying to annoy an enemy by stopping their 2x exp, that's ofc different.

(btw i didn't even know this machevort was in =Hc= when i posted :P )

gj contradicting yourself, first you talk about serping, now its move to another spawn if there is one free?

You know, i remembered i made some post on these forums whilst quite drunk, all i really remembered was that it took like an hour to type it without mistakes xD

...what's amazing is that my post actually makes good sense, and doesn't contradict anything.

I said i'd start killing chims at the one and only 3x chim spawn in the game if someone else was there.

You obviously dont understand why...

See, it's a 3x spawn, and 2x people across 3x spawns is better exp per person than 1x person at 1x spawn (please tell me u have a basic grasp of math so i dont have to explain this further :doze: )

So, as i said to Nahtepa above, in regard to a 2x spawn, not a 3x spawn:

neither will get 2x exp is a person takes the 2nd spawn of a double-trainer... they'll both just get 1x... cause they'll each have 1x spawn...

So it's;

Both people get 1x exp.

- or -

1 person gets 2x exp and the other gets 1x exp.

See the difference between the 2 situations?

And to further highlight lack of contradiction, when MCW spawn was longer, it was 2x spawn's each for use by 1x person that i suggested. :)

@machevort

about your "costs me time", i can maybe understand your point if we were talking quite a decent amount of time, but if it's just a minute or 2, then you're just being an ass.

EDIT: as for the brown tag thing, then yeah as i said above, that's different :P

Edited by Korrode

you said you would start serping, you see, serping is serping, no matter if it's that 3x chims spawn, a 2x or 1x feros.

2x people across 3x spawns is better exp per person than 1x person at 1x spawn

it all depends on if the guy who was there first wants to share or not, you make it sound like if you get there you automaticly have the right to get 1 spawn..

but your always right [/sarcasm], if not you'll throw in loads of useless info to make it look like you are

Edited by Sqwurl

you said you would start serping, you see, serping is serping, no matter if it's that 3x chims spawn, a 2x or 1x feros.

err, no, my statement was very specifically about the 3x Tirnym spawn.

Go back and read what i said.

2x people across 3x spawns is better exp per person than 1x person at 1x spawn

it all depends on if the guy who was there first wants to share or not

ofc.

it could result in the other person leaving... or it could result in the other person putting in more effort to get to spawning monsters quicker than you... obviously.

but your always right [/sarcasm], if not you'll throw in loads of useless info to make it look like you are

'Useless' is subjective. Generally info i provide as reasoning is quite sound and well researched... but i guess that also is subjective, well, the 'sound' bit anyway...

...but whatever helps you think you're correct, Sqwurl.

Edited by Korrode

And now its forum serping...give it a rest guys, this is getting nowhere fast. I keep coming here to find definitive ways to help deal with crap and all I see is more crap. Guess I'll rely on my own judgement as usual.

And now its forum serping...give it a rest guys, this is getting nowhere fast. I keep coming here to find definitive ways to help deal with crap and all I see is more crap. Guess I'll rely on my own judgement as usual.

Here Pye, this is definitive:

It's mathematically sound, whilst keeping a great deal of 'niceness and politeness'.

I cant help it if some bumbling fools try and argue against simple logic... i suppose i could not respond, but why should their unreasoned statements go unchallenged?

definitive enough, thanks.

as for challenging arguements you see as unreasoned..remember teh old line about racing in special olympics Korrode? you have teh right to argue, but dya really WANT to??

Here Pye, this is definitive:

It's mathematically sound, whilst keeping a great deal of 'niceness and politeness'.

I cant help it if some bumbling fools try and argue against simple logic... i suppose i could not respond, but why should their unreasoned statements go unchallenged?

do i need to draw a picture with it for you? u state in your first post "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway" and in one of your latest to defend your guildie "why not look for another one if there is one free?" taking a spawn anyway, or looking for another one that is free are 2 opposite things, sounds hypocrit "i need a spawn i take one anyway" "DP is multi let the guy who wanted one of his look for another 1"

no matter if the chims spawn is 3x and the feros just 2x, or that Tina Turner trains the 3x and Weird Al wants one too. if someone comes there and starts killing them anyway thats serping, which is what u said you would do.. and you suggest to others "if there is a free single spawn, why not take that rather than depriving a trainer of a double spawn?"

and you fail to understand that it's not about your simple logic of looking for another feros spawn if there is one free cause the 2nd person would get same exp anyway..

im argueing the fact that you say you'll take a spawn from a multi trainer anyway, and then later on preach to others they should look for another spawn if they want to take one of the multi trainers (your guildie in this case) spawn.

and the expression is: arguing on the Internet is like running in the special olympics, Even if you win,you're still retarded.

so i'll leave it at this, Korrode being hypocrit.

do i need to draw a picture with it for you? u state in your first post "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway" and in one of your latest to defend your guildie "why not look for another one if there is one free?" taking a spawn anyway, or looking for another one that is free are 2 opposite things, sounds hypocrit "i need a spawn i take one anyway" "DP is multi let the guy who wanted one of his look for another 1"

no matter if the chims spawn is 3x and the feros just 2x, or that Tina Turner trains the 3x and Weird Al wants one too. if someone comes there and starts killing them anyway thats serping, which is what u said you would do.. and you suggest to others "if there is a free single spawn, why not take that rather than depriving a trainer of a double spawn?"

and you fail to understand that it's not about your simple logic of looking for another feros spawn if there is one free cause the 2nd person would get same exp anyway..

im argueing the fact that you say you'll take a spawn from a multi trainer anyway, and then later on preach to others they should look for another spawn if they want to take one of the multi trainers (your guildie in this case) spawn.

In the first sentence of the above, you state that i said "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway".

This is completely incorrect.

Here's what i actually said, quoted, unchanged, word for word:

if i show up at Tirnym triple chim spawn and someone is there, i will start killing chims anyways.

Note the specific spawn location mentioned; "Tirnym triple chim spawn", and the specific amount of people defined, being "someone" (i.e. one person), not "some people".

Everything you've said after your first sentence hinges on your claim that i stated "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway", which is completely incorrect.

Just for you Sqwurl, I dug up a post by Ermabwed in OT section to find this link:

http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html

When you're ready to start debating the actual points at hand, and what's actually been said, rather than what you've decided was implied, i'll be happy to continue debate with you... until then, i'm through speaking to you.

If you want a double spawn and someone is taking one of them, why not Politely ask. If they say no, you are out of luck. It does not matter what level you are. Bunny fighters on IP probably have the same issues, but they would complain less, I imagine.

You fighters are lucky there even are double or triple spawns. The other skills don't have any way to get double or triple xp else than schools which lose the finished product. Your product is xp. I personally think it is too easy to level as a fighter as it is. You don't charge enough for your monster drops either, but that is off topic.

Didn't Entropy say he wants you to share the spawns instead of complaining about spawn stealing? Doesn't sharing usually mean using the same item or one person having one item and t he other person having another item? Granted, he did not say share and share alike....but maybe that would be too complex of an idea for some people anyways.

In the first sentence of the above, you state that i said "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway".

This is completely incorrect.

Here's what i actually said, quoted, unchanged, word for word:

if i show up at Tirnym triple chim spawn and someone is there, i will start killing chims anyways.

Note the specific spawn location mentioned; "Tirnym triple chim spawn", and the specific amount of people defined, being "someone" (i.e. one person), not "some people".

Everything you've said after your first sentence hinges on your claim that i stated "ï will serp that multi spawn anyway", which is completely incorrect.

Just for you Sqwurl, I dug up a post by Ermabwed in OT section to find this link:

http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html

When you're ready to start debating the actual points at hand, and what's actually been said, rather than what you've decided was implied, i'll be happy to continue debate with you... until then, i'm through speaking to you.

so according to you going to the triple spawn while someone is training on all 3, and start killing chims there anyway is not serping?

no matter how you say it, fact remains that if you go there and start killing chims anyway while someone is there you are serping.

no matter which location it is or if there are 1 or 2 people there. as long as the one there already can keep up with all 3 its serping if you just start killing the chims he is training on

my suggestion is that you get a clue first, find out what serping actually is, think about what you say and after that come up with some well thought out responses.

maybe you can even do it sober for a change

as for that link: i dont care if name-calling is the lowest form of disagreement, your posts point out that its ok for you to kill someones monsters, but if someone wants to take one of your guildies spawns its suddenly not ok and tell him to go somewhere else.

thats hypocrisy and guess who its coming from.

Edited by Sqwurl