Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Serping spawns

Ever since the middle of 2007 i've been under the impression that they are meant to be for training

Posting on forums doesn't increase your characters exp, go grab a sword and train them, you know you wanna <3, it's getting boring to read this endless back-and-forth on the stupid chims.

-Gohan

1. i've caught and hugely surpassed your levels over the last year, not like i only spam forums and dont train, so shush :)

2. I'm PvP training right now, as i type :P

Ever since the middle of 2007 i've been under the impression that they are meant to be for training

Posting on forums doesn't increase your characters exp, go grab a sword and train them, you know you wanna <3, it's getting boring to read this endless back-and-forth on the stupid chims.

-Gohan

1. i've caught and hugely surpassed your levels over the last year, not like i only spam forums and dont train, so shush :)

2. I'm PvP training right now, as i type :P

1. I deal with more then numbers and gratz, but you're just one of many. :) So I'm not rly bothered about that.

2. Def whore. :)

Gotta go now, eat and then back to work. *grumbles something about making doors that need to be installed tomorrow*

-Gohan

EDIT: It seems, btw, that in all-round, I kick your ass anywayz, so who cares about only a/d huh? ;P

Edited by Gohan

Just wondering if this Chimeran topic is ever going to end, there's been like an endless discussion on that for months now? :/

It's true they're pretty tough to beat, but wtf, who cares? I could go train them if I wanted to but I just don't see the point and I think they're fine as they are

-Gohan

I can tell you why this topic is still going.. Look who's throwing out the idea.. No offense to you Korrode but you do go overboard on alot of your suggestions and get ignorant about it when they dont happen. and the majority of your "OHH SO IMPORTANT" suggestions only affect you or the few people who are around your a/d lvl when the majority of the game could care less.

Look at this topic.. once again you've high jacked a perfectly good topic and turned it into an argument about one of your suggestions...

just sayin :P

If Radu tells me this is the case, that they are meant to be bad training, that people are not actually meant to "train" them at all, i will drop the subject completely and never mention it again.

Wasn't this about spawn serping? You've serped this thread, is what you've done.

Well this is just BS and pointless.

I've just shared spawn with Ozmo for a while and with 2 of us there we'd both get more exp going to a single Feros spawn.

Sharing these spawns is a lovely principle but it's just not at all efficient.

3x Double plz :cry:

After Radu's post wont ppl just come and serp your double spawns ? :hug:

I prefer the challenge in the chims vs the *yawn* in da Feros/Fluffies.

That Pretty much why I sometimes go train Mcw, the Xp is ok, Granted not as much as Feros/Dcw/PvP but also alot less boring

Personally I play EL to enjoy myself and depending on my mood depends on what I train on(If I train at all and not just sit chatting :P ) and aslong as my Xp counter is still ticking over Im happy (I know for some players XP is the be all and end all of this game but to me anyway its much more than that)

Edited by conavar

As more people will go on feros, there will be fewer feros spawn avaialble, so that some of you will be forced to go train monsters their levels.

Hmm,this is nice,but it will more probably be like high levels training on feros,and lower levels not training at all,because all those spawns are full.

well,I don't even train on feros,so I can't know the situation there.

Anyway I like that you want us to "serp" multitrainers...

Guest Trojan_Knight

I think this topic is over rated for starters. The issue here has turned into what makes training convienent. To me, each person is allowed their own opinions on what they find convient. I've noticed very few care about what monsters are where or if get moved to etc location. People's trainings get serped, it has been occuring since before server crash long long ago. And it will continue long after many players leave this game.

Anyways, to complain about being serped to a mod, honestly I find this humorous. Because to be someone that complains about how or who someone does something. And then exspect them to "change the rules for you" is ridiculous. The only times I have ever contacted a mod about a issue. Is when its not exactly playing game related. Sure none of this is my business. But its now located in a public area of these forums for me to opinionate apon. Serping is what you make out of it. I don't care if i get serped. Because I will follow you around for hours, take the #abuse charges, get muted, and all of that stuff for a few hours or more of stalking someone over a issue like this.. I find that fun.. Some others like to bitch and complain about being serped, being bag jumped, being what ever. Get over it, is all I can say. Just because so and so has happened to you, does not mean the world should or will change. If this was the case, many things would be boring and completely stupid to say the least. The monsters as they currently are, are fine in my opinion.

One point I would like to make, is the xp should be harder to get at those high levels, so others can catch up? If they dont catch up, then people are complaining there is no one in KF to pk and give you a good fight ^^

One point I would like to make, is the xp should be harder to get at those high levels, so others can catch up? If they dont catch up, then people are complaining there is no one in KF to pk and give you a good fight ^^

The game is the same to all. If you make high levels harder to get for those who are close they will be even harder for the ones that are starting now.

There are several places where PKers can "own" people their level. On main server you can "own" people under 40 A/D is I recall right and DP's Arena still works.

Spawns are an issue for quite some time on the Main Server and they will always be as they are in safe places and there will always be whinners saying someone is serping their spawns (usually their are the ones who do it...).

Make good multiple training spawn maps PK. This issues of spawn serping will end quite fast. We have no spawn issues on the PK Server.

EDIT: removed part of my post that was an attack on like half the EL community simply because i don't want to have to type responses to all the posts it would cause.

Look at this topic.. once again you've high jacked a perfectly good topic and turned it into an argument about one of your suggestions...

This topic only exists at all because i was discussing the Tirnym chims with Radu in-game, so piss off.

Make good multiple training spawn maps PK. This issues of spawn serping will end quite fast. We have no spawn issues on the PK Server.

That's also a good idea, a few double MCW/FCW spawns around Thelinor and in it's caves would be cool.

BTW, Korrode, let me ask you a question:

When you train on feros, you train TSed, and when you train on MCWs you train normal?

Yes of course. MCW has much higher a/d/attribs, so i don't TS. (...well i can TS a little, but not as much)

If you're going to say "well exp would be the same if you didn't TS" (which im not sure it would be), it's hardly a valid argument, why wouldn't i TS if by doing it i can get more exp with no other cost?

You could always do another suggestion i've always been a supporter of: remove/change the failing effect of True Sight potions :D

...anyways Radu, do u want me to go do the tests i said i would and show u the exp gain VS time VS resources used of Feros and MCW? or would i just be wasting my time?

Edited by Korrode

Well, I am pretty sure I am going to change the TS thing, nto sure if remove it completely or just the double stacking.

How many Invasion Tokens would you want to triple or quadruple the spawn radius of monsters to get rid of or reduce the 'spawn point' completely? I have 47 of them and counting I'll put to that!

How many Invasion Tokens would you want to triple or quadruple the spawn radius of monsters to get rid of or reduce the 'spawn point' completely? I have 47 of them and counting I'll put to that!

Also a good idea, will give a much more realistic "hunting" feeling whilst we train, only a couple of problems:

• Maps with very few monsters on them will become unused for training
  • Could cause big probs with insides maps that have monsters in some areas but are not meant to have them in others

I also think a general increase in the amount of monster spawns on outside maps would be good along with this.

Hmmmm Tbh i think that would just make the game more tedious and annoying rather that solve anything.

Im sure our favourite dung harver would get annoyed if his harv spot moved to a random location 200ft away everytime he stopped harvesting :rolleyes: (how many tokens for thatt )

Hmmmm Tbh i think that would just make the game more tedious and annoying rather that solve anything.

Im sure our favourite dung harver would get annoyed if his harv spot moved to a random location 200ft away everytime he stopped harvesting :rolleyes: (how many tokens for thatt )

Probably less then changing how spawns work, fewer technical issues. If you feel strongly, make Ent an offer.

- remove TS,

- make all non pk maps single combat,

- and make sure all spawns of one kind are really far apart from each other

solves this problem for good, AND gets rid of these ridiculously inflated XP amounts that some ppl consider "normal" these days. :P

I play on a server where most spawns are free 24/7, but still train on single fluff spawn :P 250k++ per hour is enough for me.

So which means I agree with the changes proposed to partly eliminate multiple spawns that lead to those high exp ratios. (and single combat to reduce spawnserping^ )

Edited by ProHibited

After a conversaion with Korrode today, I told him that I expect the players to share multiple spawns. As you are probably aware, the spawns are NOT owned by anyone.

I told him that rather than relocate some chims, players should go there and share them. He replied that if he does that, people will label him and his guild as a spawn serper.

Today there was a Situation like that...

Someone was training at the chims in RoT, willing to share the spawns. (noone was there). Suddenly an other person appeared and began to serp the spawns, with the statement " You cannot own spawns".

No problem, its not against the rules.

The person who was first on the spawn decided to stay and went on with his training (he thought that it would be no problem, because the other one have to share the spawn too)

Now, I understand that there are 'community rules' about spawns, and I can understand getting mad when someone takes your spawn. For single spawns, it makes sense to have just one person training there (although you still do NOT own the spawn!). However, for multiple spawns, you are supposed and expected to share them. You can't claim something like: "All the forest chims here are belong to me".

If I ever see such claims, I am going to personally serp the spawns of everyone who makes such an arrogant claim.

Suddenly there came an ultimatum from the new person: Leave the spawn or we will browntag your whole guild.( because he wanted to have the spawn for him allone and showed no interest in spawn sharning ) Straight because the "Ultimatum Guild" is a simple warriors guild with many people up to 130 A/Ds there were only a few options :

Leave the spawn, so that he can multi.

Leave the Guild and go on with the normal training....

or... let them browntag the whole Guild and "ban" for this reason the whole own guild from PK maps.....

Is this the new "Free ticket" for strong guilds, to get their multi spawns ??? cant be....

Maybe somenone want to to exchange different views about that !?

What's the guild name of that guy threatening to brown tag?

I am not going to tell any player or guild names. I only want to know what people think about those situations.

Edited by ScareGlow

i did the serping coz he was already brown-tagged and serped one of my guildies before, what goes around comes around.

-Kaddy