Eternal Lands Official Forums
Gerrick

Invasions R Us

When I first started playing, invasions were pretty rare. I seem to remember 1 every couple of weeks or so. It was to the point that people would talk about the last invasion and what they saw and did. The point was they were rare enough to be memorable. Maybe we are having too much of a good thing? I get the feeling that the automatic invasions don't draw many people anymore. It seems like there have been several "shame on you! you didn't kill all the monsters" lately.

I am fully aware that it may just be my perception and that I may be way off. Perhaps it is worth looking at?

Shea

Being of a high enough level invasions don't really effect me, I can avoid them quite easily and still get on with some stuff.

The trouble is the uber monsters mixed in with some of the lesser monsters. As my a/d/p/c isn't good enough, I would love to take part, but just avoid them as don't want to lose 20k gc in rosto's every time. Simply can't afford it.

When I first started playing, invasions were pretty rare. I seem to remember 1 every couple of weeks or so. It was to the point that people would talk about the last invasion and what they saw and did. The point was they were rare enough to be memorable. Maybe we are having too much of a good thing? I get the feeling that the automatic invasions don't draw many people anymore. It seems like there have been several "shame on you! you didn't kill all the monsters" lately.

I am fully aware that it may just be my perception and that I may be way off. Perhaps it is worth looking at?

Shea

Yes, I agree with that, but the fact is that after I made KF no drops, the number of rostogols used dropped by like half, and since a good part of our income is based on rostos, we need something to supplement that.

Yes, I agree with that, but the fact is that after I made KF no drops, the number of rostogols used dropped by like half, and since a good part of our income is based on rostos, we need something to supplement that.

So what about making KF drop again and the number of rostos should increase again - i cannot get, why anybody would go to PK where he can lose items, if there is a chance to go to PK, where you do not (well except some of the top #X PK who believe, that nobody can get them down)?

Just asking, as i would not go to PK/invasion if there would be some way to avoid it...

To increase rosto consumption

Maybe a "I eat rostogol perk"

Eat a rosto and get for 1 hour I glow in the dark perk/envasion and Mirror skin (or what ever advantage is thought to be best)

So what about making KF drop again and the number of rostos should increase again

As Radu said; it's more fun.

Although the rosto consumption may have dropped by half, i've no doubt the PK activity has increased 10 fold, possibly more.

I still think there's a solution that could offer the best of all worlds; bring back some risk to PK whilst keeping the death penalty much cheaper than a normal rosto, and give Radu something additional to sell. :>

To increase rosto consumption

Maybe a "I eat rostogol perk"

Eat a rosto and get for 1 hour I glow in the dark perk/envasion and Mirror skin (or what ever advantage is thought to be best)

Eat a rosto and your food level stays positive for 24 hours.

So not only fighters, but alchemists/potioneers/manuers etc. too have a reason to buy rostos ^^

(that might be a nice idea too for other stones, to get them out of the game)

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

So not only fighters, but alchemists/potioneers/manuers etc. too have a reason to buy rostos ^^

Piper

That would kind of ruin the market :/

What i don't understand is, what's wrong with invading 2-3 select maps per continent and announce it well in advance like we used to do them?

E.g.:

- light creatures in VOTD, medium ones in NC and harder ones in SKF (and i mean ogres up to cycs and fluffies here, NOT ice dragons);

- medium hard creatures in PV, hard creatures in Sedicolis, and top level in Bethel

all this at the SAME time, so players go where they belong and don't "steal" the weak stuff from lower levels.

After a preset and announced time the invasion should be cleared.

And Anna is absolutely right, we need a few 100% safe maps for newbies and players that do not care for them. Also the timing has been very onesided indeed lately

I was reading the thing about not selling as many rostos and wondered if something like :

Twice a month Official EL Arena PK Events run by you or perhaps Acelon.

Could only be in arena's , perhaps allways one in NC arena and the other one a random level based arena ?

Obviously would require some forethought / planning / sign ups which is alot of work for someone ( or a dedicated group of people ) but prizes could be a great incentive for these sorts of events .... and with them being inside arena's then peeps need rostos to enter.

Perhaps with it being an ''Official'' event and not one organised and sponsored exclusively by the EL palyer base, there would be one really good prize per event kindly donated by the game itself. What this would be IDK but something like full armor sets sound nice ( and its only twice a month so not like its going to screw the economy )

just throwing a suggestion out there that could be an alternative to perceived overkill on the invasions , which would also satisfy some players lust for '' bringing back the arena's ''

[/end of brain fart]

Piper

That would kind of ruin the market :/

It would affect market prices, agreed, but only at the beginning, until all those countless stones from ppl's storages are gone.

Ok, 24 hours is just a number, maybe even 1-2 hours with full food level might force ppl to eat rare stones.

And when stones are rare again, ppl will think twice, if they eat a rosto or keep or sell it. Same with the other rare stones.

Its like the schools. Ppl decide to do turbo leveling and blow their money through the chimney and train at a school, or not. So they will decide to use stones as food (hey, there might be a new perk, I eat stones, costs 10.000 gc, gives you 1 pickpoint) and pay money to get easier XP or not. And some of the money, real $$$, might go to the shop, when ppl buy more rostos.

The cherry on the icing would then be ppl leveling at schools AND eating stones, what a nice money/item sink :)

Well, just my 2 cents :)

@soldus/annatira

I agree, that some maps should be safe, more or less, in invasions. As someone posted earlier, being afk in Idalorain and getting killed by invaded stuff and having no chance to leave C2 underworld really sucks.

So i would suggest, that the 2 respawn points, Isla Prima and Idalorain should be more or less safe.

(i remember an invasion which ended with a handful of invaded rabbits on IP, which even gave newbies more a good laugh than scaring them away from the game, i guess, so having some invaded skunks or raccoons in Ida wont hurt anyone, who comes back from the C2 underworld.)

And maybe dont invade Whitestone. It has too much newbies need. A storage, the 4 taverns for the quest, the 2 magic shops, newbie stuff to train on.

Well, i'll end this monologue now, just my thoughts about invasions, and dont get it wrong, i love them, but i like to decide on my own, if i want to participate or not :)

Piper

Make a 3rd server - pay to play - nothing dropped when you die.

Allow people to move their char to it - I would love to play on it.

This is the only game I have ever been playing, where you loose your items when you die.

I pay already for several other games, some of them have I not been playing for months, but are planning to play later.

This is the only game I have ever been playing, where you loose your items when you die.

Thats not unusual, just play some of the plenty MUD's available, there you will usually lose some stuff too when you die.

And i dont see even a problem with losing stuff, when you die.

A goal of games like EL is to be careful and tricky and not to run around like a lunatic and get off without losing anything, but to plan your actions and try to avoid to lose stuff and try to avoid to get killed.

Piper

Thats not unusual, just play some of the plenty MUD's available, there you will usually lose some stuff too when you die.

And i dont see even a problem with losing stuff, when you die.

A goal of games like EL is to be careful and tricky and not to run around like a lunatic and get off without losing anything, but to plan your actions and try to avoid to lose stuff and try to avoid to get killed.

Piper

I don't know what games you play, I said the games I have played

And the question was, how do people like to pay.

After I started to play again and found leftover dragons many mornings when I logged on, have my rostos and other valuable items stayed in storage.

Call it careful and tricky if you want.

I don't really need them for harvesting, but if all do the same, will they never get out of game.