Eternal Lands Official Forums
PhilDaBurn

Positive Perk idea

Leather Pack Perk

Cost: 3 pickpoints and 10k gc

Description: Your back pack has been upgraded to the deluxe leather version giving you 30% greater carry capacity (emu) but mule glyphs no longer work for you.

Costs are just a suggestion as is the percentage increase in emu.

Thoughts?

Phil...

I kinda like it.. for those who like the mule.. i think they'd just keep the mule.. but for people who dont wana be bothered to level it.. *me*.. this would be nice.. and i dont think 30% more would be too much to ask...

i would make it cost more though.. not sure how much but 10k seems too easy..

I quite like the idea actually, there are very few useful positive perks around. But I agree 3 PP's and 10k isn't enough, I think Senzon's idea is about right, maybe even more gc perhaps.

Hmm do you guys realize that 6 pp's is rougly worth 5.4 million gc these days ? (6 x 550k for hydro bars and 6 x 350k for nexus removals) ? Quite pricey in comparison to the cost of levelling mule and emu capacity gained vs mule emu gain

If people like it, it would reduce the already-small number of people who use mule-shifting. Is adding something to the game that would chop the legs off a (relatively) new option so soon really the brightest idea?

If not, it'll be the next big perk people scream to get a removal stone for.

And cruella's math above looks good as a reason to pick mule over this, 3pps definitely being too little for an option like this.

(Fighters might disagree on that pick mule over this perk point, more emu to carry more stuff to tie up a spawn even longer without having to restock, or be in the form of a mule while fighting, hehe...)

Maybe better make something like this:

Perk name: Double Pack Perk

Cost: 10pp and 10kgc

Description: Your back pack has been upgraded to the deluxe leather version giving you 100% greater carry capacity (emu) but mule glyphs no longer work for you.

That means u get 40 emu for every 2pp's puted in P or C instead of 20 emu, but you can't use mules and you loose 10pps [cost of 10pp's is around 8kkgc?]

It can be a great perk for pure mages - I think all know why :pinch:

Maybe better make something like this:

Perk name: Double Pack Perk

Cost: 10pp and 10kgc

Description: Your back pack has been upgraded to the deluxe leather version giving you 100% greater carry capacity (emu) but mule glyphs no longer work for you.

double your carry cap. that would be a perk nearly everyone would want to get. Which imo means its an outofbalance idea :(

@ phil

Perks to change your carry cap seem a bad idea to me and ways on increasing carry cap have been suggested many times before. I doubt they will happen anytime soon if at all.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I think this idea should work with mule glyphs.. Then in a sense, it wouldn't render the somewhat new "mule glyphs" at all. But being you have to consider the mule glyph.. I think 100%, would be to much.. In my opinion 25% - 35% would be a better idea. Now the cost, 10 pp i think is to much as well. 6pp sounds better as well. But the cost in gc should be greater.. Something like 25k - 50k in my opinion.

my 2 cents :P

I think this idea is bad...

if you don't like to mule,you don't have to....

But why making a perk for the ones who don't like mules?hey this perk would be too good,because:

-you don't have to eat anything to have the bonus

-you can do anything as normal with it

that's unfair to those who choose the path of mule

and that is not really easy and cheap I think...

12 mule levels,800 food for one,total price over 750kgc!!!

and you would give the other a chance to take 30% with a perk...

noone would mule if this perk was there....and then what would be mules good for?

I would go in a completely different direction. Telekinisis perk.

Carry capacity is based on rationality instead of might while in the character's natural form.

I would put a cost of 3 pickpoints and 30Kgc on it.

If people don't like that, then add on a cost of 1 ethereal point per minute per 10 emu above your might's carry capacity.

errr.....rewritten....

3 pickpoints and 30K gc

The character can pick up and move things above his carry capacity at the cost of 1 ethereal point per minute per 10 emu above the character's carry capacity.

Consider Merlin for a moment. Mages are not meant to be strong, but he could pick up and throw a big boulder at your head using his mind if he wanted to.

If you don't have the ethereal points to carry everything you have, things are dropped starting with the heaviest (stacked set?) of items.

Each round of combat would result in a 10% chance of dropping the heaviest (stacked set?) of items as well.

Edited by nathanstenzel