Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tvinn

Non fighting creature

The unicorn is the only one fully immune to attacks that I know.

My idea is cats that exist here and there, that react to a character in a nice way. A sound, brushing up against a players leg (not literally with animations), showing affection. Chasing rats, and some magic ability that a player could recieve. It's ability to relate, react and bless a player should be rare I believe, and if not an existing spell, the "blessing" could be one or a few hours with something a special day can bring.

For the game to explain it in the world, I haven't thought much. Not the most needed either I guess since their ways are loving towards humans, so the reason it can't be attacked is more a human inability rather than a cat with special powers.

"Your stomach turns and you ask yourself why o why?" or similar could appear.

Loose ideas hoping for more suggestions on the suggestions. Tiny to huge characteristics, I think it can be a nice thing :P

lolcatz can be entertaining. Hope it isn't with this idea.

<3 Tvinn

Edited by Tvinn

I like the idea of blessed magic cats (or any other cute fluffy creature like fluffy rabbits :P), it could bring some spark and innovation into the creature population.

(LOL, I can already see pack of n00bs pursuing a cat, waiting for free blessing or such :))

I like the idea of blessed magic cats (or any other cute fluffy creature like fluffy rabbits :P), it could bring some spark and innovation into the creature population.

(LOL, I can already see pack of n00bs pursuing a cat, waiting for free blessing or such :D)

Hopefully a very high rarity makes chasing hopeless. Or it simply runs away feeling unsafe.

I've heard that a cat stroking your leg, is their way of saying you belong to them :) I mean, it's up to the cat, and the blessing is a result of the... love :P Fluffs, sure, but they have other purposes.

Keeping it very realistic can be very cool.

Imagine a few people being still, doing whatever, with no other creatures that could upset the cat. The chance cat might approach increases and after a while it might lie down, make a noise or act satisfied in some way. This could trigger the possibility of a blessing happening at all.

Not a bad idea, if it is an anti-lenny

Roams c2 day time, and randomly hunts one person a day, rubs against them and makes something nice (like make rare astro reset to max) or something simular. Or increases that persons chance for the day to have better events harvesting etc

Sounds a bit like an ati-leonard_alpha

Also very cool.

People could go to c2 and hope to be blessed by it. More people go to c2.

Perhaps who it blesses could be based on the people on c2.

It's suppose to sound like a real cat >_<

Just one cat in the whole world is a bit sci-fi story wise and would make the rarity in it's acting too much. One cat with these properties is on the other hand similair to many with high rarity =) Still I have trouble seeing how to succeed interacting that way, with my idea of a social somewhat phenomenon.

I suggest there are a few around, but very aware about their surroundings.

If one appears, the best thing you could do is to sit still and hope nothing frightens it. A player moving up next to the cat would be a bad idea. Someone chatting with lots of exclamation marks could make the cat run \o/

Basic thought was a social happening outside player control. Not something to chase and score.

Just one cat in the whole world is a bit sci-fi story wise and would make the rarity in it's acting too much. One cat with these properties is on the other hand similair to many with high rarity =) Still I have trouble seeing how to succeed interacting that way, with my idea of a social somewhat phenomenon.

If one appears, the best thing you could do is to sit still and hope nothing frightens it. A player moving up next to the cat would be a bad idea. Someone chatting with lots of exclamation marks could make the cat run \o/

Basic thought was a social happening outside player control. Not something to chase and score.

I guess I did not mean something to chase, just something that is hard to see that hunts you (for killing or for love) I do like the idea that things could scare it away. Would be a neat AI program to offset Lenny

I guess I did not mean something to chase, just something that is hard to see that hunts you (for killing or for love) I do like the idea that things could scare it away. Would be a neat AI program to offset Lenny

Yes =)

And perhaps a non harming playground for those coding.

Edited by Tvinn

this is all based upon the assumption cats love humans

you really wouldnt want my cat roaming around EL she would be clawing your toes in bed and running in between your legs trying to trip you up

she would also present herself to you pretending to be cute and when you go to stroke her she would rip your hand to bits

some cats dont love humans, some cats just tolerate us

I like the idea. As well as that, I'd like to see chicken, cows and dogs in game that would be unattackable. But most of these suggestions have been rejected.

I asked someone at the top for an opinion, and was told it would be "very very" difficult to do. Unfortunately I got no answer about what >_<

I can't figure out what could be that hard, except animating "brushing up against a players leg". I just see larger numbers, reversed code and stuff that already exist, so I'm a bit confused.

I like the idea. As well as that, I'd like to see chicken, cows and dogs in game that would be unattackable. But most of these suggestions have been rejected.

Livestock skill \o/

If I cant kill it, I'm against it.

Or add dogs as well, so we have something that'd kill the cat. plz.

Cats are food.

Yummy hot cat for a gnome.