Eternal Lands Official Forums
Moebird

How Did You Get Your EL Name?

Funny enough I found Nardo also mentioned in a cooking book from Babylon5.

odd lol

...but you mentioned the greatest epic sci-fi series in existence so u get points from me :D

Shaoran

Ayumu

Next one? Dunno yet, ask me in 3 months.

I've never seen you with those names.. Go back to one of those in 3 months :o

They are two of your better names :D

EDIT: Changed a word

Edited by Cyprom

Temospena - a kind of sarcastic expression I used very often and use(d) online for a long time.

Sego - 2 first letters from my first and last name

Segor - an almost full anagram of my first name, I left the "I" out to keep the pronounciation short and simple

Edited by Segor

I got my name Syni from a good friend of mine in another game who's name was S Y N I and i thought it sounded cool so here i am :D

Edited by syni

I get a lot of questions about my name, so I'll blab on myself here. I got a hamster in highschool. A boyfriend I had at the time made up 3 names for my new pet and I named the little guy all 3 of them. :D Part of one of the names he made up was "Nurplewhip". I thought it was cute at the time and it always stuck with me, so I used it for my EL name.

Sorry to break a few people's hearts, but Nurplewhip is NOT a new berry flavored cool whip. :o

~Da Nurple~

bromber comes from when i use to play RuneQuest in the late 70's and 80's. He was my fist character i made and the name has been used for most of my RPG's.

I also have a alt called awax again from RuneQuest, originaly was called awaxhawkeye. which realy dont fit the character as most of the time when he rolled to attack he missed :D (Should of called him blind bat).

The demon god boognish is the embodiment of extreme good and evil. Said to carry the scepter of wealth and power, He has shown himself on several occasions to the prophets Gene and Dean Ween.

I had a friend a long time ago that would always call friends baddude like " whats up baddude" or if it was a kid it was lil baddude, females he called bad chick so the name came to mind when i started going online. i cant count how many times people asked me what makes me so bad but the best answer i came up with so far is this,, wait until i finish this burrito and you tell me :D

-x~~

Well, as everyone who knows might have guessed already, Raistlin is my favourite char from the fantasy book series "Dragonlance". I have all books and love them. Beware if I got a namechange to Fistandantilus :D

Nerdz-Its been a couple years since Ive had this tag, but I think I choose it partially because of my personality and Likes. Yea Im a Nerd in real life :P, but Nerd and geek are pretty broad terms. I took it mostly because of my love of science and engineering.

On a off topic note, some n00b on channel 1 complained about my name be derogatory, Of course, he doesnt know the story behind it.

Willowleaf and Starlite (wanted Starlight but it was taken)

What can i say lol, I like pretty, romantic names suitable for an Elf

QUOTE (Khalai @ Jan 19 2009, 08:48 PM) *

Explaining who protoss are is a waste of time, right? smile.gif

Anyone who doesn't know who the Protoss are have no right to all themselves "gamer"!!!!! devlish.gif tongue.gif

totally agree :P

and to those who don't know what protoss are, the name comes from the great masterart of Blizzard, StarCraft, the father (or mother? :P) of all Startegic games

OFFTOPIC : and StarCraft came from WarCraft :) StarCraft is 4 years younger than Warcraft :cry:

OFFTOPIC : and before WarCraft there was Dune 2 (the first RTS) :)

Back in the day when AOL was the coolest, along with dial up internet, :) ,

my best friend at the time has a screen name: SKAB00Y, where the oo's were 00's (zeroes).

Keep that in mind.

Then when Nintendo 64 along with Super Mario Kart 64 came out, each of my

friends had to chose a favorite. In video games, I usually chose the really slow

strong characters: Zanghief, E.Honda (not slow), T.Hawk, Jack (Tekken), and in

this case, I tried Bowser. Very slow & fastest in the game. But too slow. So a step

up is Donkey Kong. So I tried him out. I was hooked & everyone hated me after

that. Especially when I would play against them in Battle Mode (very fun by the way).

I would always get the star somehow & they would say, "Monkey cheats!" or "Stupid

Monkey!" or "Monkey's got a star!" So when I created my AOL account after that

it was Monkeyb00y.

This is my only gametag & it's sticking with me until the end.

I'll probably get a tatoo of it. :P or not :P

Cya round EL. :)

Monkeyb00y

xbox live: Monkeyb00y :cry:

Anyone who doesn't know who the Protoss are have no right to all themselves "gamer"!!!!! devlish.gif tongue.gif

and to those who don't know what protoss are, the name comes from the great masterart of Blizzard, StarCraft, the father (or mother? :P) of all Startegic games

OFFTOPIC : and StarCraft came from WarCraft :) StarCraft is 4 years younger than Warcraft :P

OFFTOPIC : and way before Dune 2 was Ancient Art of War (the real RTS pioneer, excluding ZX Spectrum games) :) A name came from Sun Tzu book title. This way we have closed the circle and came back to EL -> Sun Tzu pleez ? :cry:

Thyralax was a dragon trapped in a statuette from an adventure we ran a long time ago, since then he has had numerous incarnations. Back before i even had a PC. Most of my friends remember him for the time he bargained his way through a temple dedicated to a dark god, offering all of the monsterous guardians better rates of pay, or for the really hungry ones a better quality of meal.... Yes of course come work for me and i can promise youll get to fill your bellies with as many tasty little goody two shoe halflings as you can stomach.

And then since the wonderful world of pc's and online play Thyralax has become the standard name i use.

totally agree :)

and to those who don't know what protoss are, the name comes from the great masterart of Blizzard, StarCraft, the father (or mother? :)) of all Startegic games

OFFTOPIC : and StarCraft came from WarCraft :cry: StarCraft is 4 years younger than Warcraft :)

OFFTOPIC : and way before Dune 2 was Ancient Art of War (the real RTS pioneer, excluding ZX Spectrum games) :P A name came from Sun Tzu book title. This way we have closed the circle and came back to EL -> Sun Tzu pleez ? :P

As far as I'm concerned, the original roleplaying game was Cowboys and Indians, with sticks for guns and bows & arrows. :P

~Da Nurple~

(Yes, I realize you're not just talking about "roleplaying", but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Edited by Nurplewhip

But we are talking about Real Time Strategy games, not Roleplaying :-P but I guess Cowboys and Indians were using some strategies as well :P

LiquiD - Dunno. :cry:

Chosen - Just sounded cool, don't know why. ^^

beeFeh - Used to play counter-strike as b33f, so just changed it abit.

Arigorn - Bought my first account with this name. Never changed it.

Manhunt - Didn't have for long, don't know why.

Eyafostu - Means something, eternal warrior, or something. ^^

Shoq - Another Counter-Strike name I sometimes used.

MutuM - Another C-S name.

Prophet - Couldn't decide what name to change too, and a old friend gave me this name to use.

I've probs had more, just don't remember.. I only ever use LiquiD now, it's what most people remembered my by anyways.

#Edit - Forgot: Chronic, just because of the drug, no other reason. :)

Still more than me, n00blet :P

Hehe. :) I've always changed my name alot, I usually stick with either LiquiD, or Shoq now. (LiquiD is quite often taken.)

I guess you'll catch me up soon. :P

With so many different player names in EL, I was wondering how the people behind them picked them. I named my character after my pet cockatoo, Moe Bird. Is there a story behind your player name?

hmm lol moebird i always thought you chose your name as an anagram of : im bored

anywayz, ive had a few:

reperia: was my first, choise it beause it sounded fantasy type, hanged it because people thought i was a chick :cry:

dremora: i liked this name, got it from one of the best games: morrowind, changed because of same problem

rathz is my current (untll tomorrow read below): i got it from a friend of mine from another mmorpg, he was a pro archer :)

tomorrow i am considering changing my name to: CyberFairy if anyone has heard of timesplitters? no im not queer - sorry

yeah i think im addicted to name changes, ive played all up around 4 months, and i like changing myname :P

OFFTOPIC : and StarCraft came from WarCraft :) StarCraft is 4 years younger than Warcraft :P

OFFTOPIC : and way before Dune 2 was Ancient Art of War (the real RTS pioneer, excluding ZX Spectrum games) :) A name came from Sun Tzu book title. This way we have closed the circle and came back to EL -> Sun Tzu pleez ? :cry:

StarCraft may not be the 'original pioneer', but it set a precedent like no RTS before or since \o/

Edited by Korrode

Dune 2 was way better. And then C&C came, forcing me stop playing StarCraft hehe . Good o'le times :P

I guess we should take it to offtopic forum anyway since we are hijacking this topic big time :)

anywayz, ive had a few:

reperia: was my first, choise it beause it sounded fantasy type, hanged it because people thought i was a chick :cry:

dremora: i liked this name, got it from one of the best games: morrowind, changed because of same problem

rathz is my current (untll tomorrow read below): i got it from a friend of mine from another mmorpg, he was a pro archer :)

tomorrow i am considering changing my name to: CyberFairy if anyone has heard of timesplitters? no im not queer - sorry

yeah i think im addicted to name changes, ive played all up around 4 months, and i like changing myname :P

I think names ending on an 'A' simply sound more feminine, maybe that's your problem. :P

And I think CyberFairy isn't going to help you much further, looool.

-Gohan

MariJata

- Translated, it means Lion Prince - my alt's name. MariJata was a famous African warrior.

My main is, of course, EaglePrince.

The Eagle is my favourite bird and also the national symbol of my country.

The link between the two names tells it's own story :P