Eternal Lands Official Forums
Moebird

How Did You Get Your EL Name?

I've been using 'Korrode' online for many years now, there's no big story to it's origins, i just liked it.

The K replacement trend seems to have caught on with my friends and family though, my brother, sister and housemate now call themselves Kwayver, Kaffean and Krayon. :)

Explaining who protoss are is a waste of time, right? :)

Anyone who doesn't know who the Protoss are have no right to all themselves "gamer"!!!!! ;):P

Not the first time this topic came up :P

I started gaming on PS2. A friend showed me SOCOM II Online, and he persuaded me into buying it..

We were looking for a good name for me together. My real name is Simon, and my friend was original enough to think of the combo "SimPro".

That sucked, but it was the foundation for my current name. Throw the m to the back and modify the s and i slightly to get Cyprom. Much better :>

I only recently added Chronostorm to it as a last name. I've always been looking for a fitting last name to go with it, but couldn't really come up with anything decent. Tbh, Cyprom Chronostorm was based on the example of Sistema Silverwish in the end :)

I never use Chronostorm in games though, only on certain forums (sometimes as Team name in games where you can make multiple units.

I also take credit for the name Zaryoxx, which I simply created using my favorite letters ;)

And there's another name I use, but that's my little secret ^^, you didn't ask for all my names so you shouldn't worry about this last line.

Ummm, dare I confess...

When I was a lot younger, I used to 'invent' imaginary horses and pedigrees for them. ;) When I decided to start playing EL, I skimmed through a list of names I had come up with for the horses and picked one that sounded good to me, Caratia. Later I named my new char Carat, and then dropped the 't'.

I recall posting to another el name question thread but here goes again:

After a moment of boredom on a POS database project, I went looking for

a free mmorpg to kill maybe an hour. I found this page , installed EL.

I first tried the name Rigel, from my Quake 1 days. Rigel[T] but it was

taken. I do embedded systems stuff (MCU robotics etc) and my little robot, BoB

was in mid rework on my desk, so I tried robotbob. And not so shockingly

it was available. In hindsight, its not very RPG like, perhaps a space rpg, but

anyway it stuck. I never planned to play more than just one evening, oh well ;)

I never planned to play more than just one evening, oh well ;)

Well You can always accuse Radu for not putting a sign on the homepage that says

"Beware !! Highly addictive"

I never planned to play more than just one evening, oh well ;)

I made only a char to chat with a friend, who was playing this.

She stopped long time ago. :P

And the name have I used in very many games, I think it's a friend, who hade a friend with a name close to this.

Edited by Zamirah

Toban (Toe-bun) was my second CB handle, back in 1976 I changed it from Captain Kidder to Toban. Seemed a better choice then what they call my at the station these days, Death Metal... ;)

My WoW character is called "Eiphex". Take that + my EL name and you might figure it out ;D

(Hint: UK artist)

Edited by Tvinn

Many years ago I used to use my initials on all arcade games.

The first time I ever looped Pengo - I got a Z on the end by mistake... Since when it has stuck.

(and yes is an EL & RL name)

I suppose this is the 3rd coming of this thread - maybe even the 4th but I couldn't find it :)

I refrained from posting on them but I might as well post on this one:

My name is made up from two things

Magpie and Lee (no damn pie's!)

Magpie because

It is a nickname for my favorite football team!

I like shiny things (enriched essies :P )

In the UK they are synonymous with little thieves and cheap people. (not so much with me much)

Lee because

Its my name (I let a few of my friends called me by it in the game and now most of EL do for some reason ;) )

Common misconceptions

Some people can see it as "maggie"

I am a pie (this is not true of course - but I do like to cap PIE in my name when logging in to confuse people)

Other old threads like this that have some oldbies:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32502

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15781

Mmm... Why did i choose this name.. First i'd think it would be a nice name.. I just liked it lol.

After a While i was thinking about making a story behind my character :P Dunno, i just like writing stories and creating videos of it. :whistle:

Im planning on making 3/4 more chapters for my story (same for the videos)

The story about _Hope_

It all starts with Berudy, a normal person like you and me. He had a family and always helped out people.

But he had a ring, made by his deceased grandfather Entholdurn. His ring was very Special for him and carried it his whole life, whithout knowing it had special powers. "The ring of Hope"

At the the first day of Mortos Curse, Berudy's family got murdered by different kinds of monsters. While Berudy started to fight back, his ring started to glow, and Berudy noticed his ring gave him special powers. It seemed that he never knew how to use his powers while wearing his ring until The Horrible day.

Berudy diddn't win and died, just like many other people.

Thousands years have passed, and warriors are still fighting back. Many people have died.

A man with white close, a white beard, white hear and white universal hood, is one of these warriors, but this one is different. He stands still like a statue and stares like he had a horrible nightmare. People have told he started to glow.

He was the ages old Blessed Soul of Berudy, blessed by his Own Magic ring. The Ring of Hope. A soul that never rests until the war is over.

So he called himself Hope because of his special ring. :D

Lol thats the story behind my characters name :P This was just a preview of the whole story. I wrote my whole story on the Fan Story forum page. But there are still about 4 chapters coming.

Greetz _Hope_

Well, I've had a lot of people make assumptions about me because of my ingame name but they're all wrong. ;D

Jaxx is the online nickname I have been using for 15 years or so, it's based on my first name and surname.

Fatboy is a nickname my friends use sometimes, not because I'm fat but because I'm lazy, eat loads but am still a skinny bastard.

I would have just stuck with Jaxx but the name was popularised by some 2d beat-em-up game which I don't remember (possibly mortal combat or tekken or something). It was pretty annoying suddenly finding my name was taken on most sites when before that bloody game came out it was fairly unique. :whistle:

Vanyel - one of my fav books

Gilean - DL

Anshar - some fancy mythology (a friend helped with finding this and few other ones)

Kheres - as above

Eiri - anime/manga

Shaoran - anime/manga

Iori - manga/manga

Ayumu - spent some time searching for it (you can find it in Spiral manga/anime, though)

Next one? Dunno yet, ask me in 3 months.

Edited by Iori

QUOTE (Khalai @ Jan 19 2009, 08:48 PM) *

Explaining who protoss are is a waste of time, right? smile.gif

Anyone who doesn't know who the Protoss are have no right to all themselves "gamer"!!!!! devlish.gif tongue.gif

totally agree :P

and to those who don't know what protoss are, the name comes from the great masterart of Blizzard, StarCraft, the father (or mother? :P) of all Startegic games

and my name, Rasool, simply is a part of my real name! :whistle:

Guest Trojan_Knight

Well.. I guess I'll try to explain my bs a little :whistle:

My first char I had, prior to the server crash, that recently has been braught back to life I named Bartolo.. I did some kind of language searching bs, and found that in Italian it meant something I thought was cool at the moment but I can't recall atm wtf it means. lolz..

My second char that most know / knew.. I made from a movie but adding a ending name to it. From the movie Troy, and I wanted to play that char as a honorable Knight. Thus the name that came from that was Trojan Knight.

Sir my currect character.. Well.. Idk, I like to have fun, even if its a little extreme at times. I figure, no matter who I piss off, they will at least be forced to speak of me in a positive manner. ie: Sir your a ass. See what I mean?

My current bot.. Well I got from a movie as well.. The name comes the movie "How High" featuring Method Man and Red Man.. Anyways, in that movie theres a segment where they talk about how Red Man met his best friend named "I_Need_Money".. After thinking about, I thought the same as they did in the movie.. I need money too lolz.

LiquiD - Dunno. :P

Chosen - Just sounded cool, don't know why. ^^

beeFeh - Used to play counter-strike as b33f, so just changed it abit.

Arigorn - Bought my first account with this name. Never changed it.

Manhunt - Didn't have for long, don't know why.

Eyafostu - Means something, eternal warrior, or something. ^^

Shoq - Another Counter-Strike name I sometimes used.

MutuM - Another C-S name.

Prophet - Couldn't decide what name to change too, and a old friend gave me this name to use.

I've probs had more, just don't remember.. I only ever use LiquiD now, it's what most people remembered my by anyways.

#Edit - Forgot: Chronic, just because of the drug, no other reason. :whistle:

Edited by Liquid

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...c=15781&hl=

It's been a while..but in another topic I explained my name..some others are nice to lok at as well..many, many have left us..it makes me kinda sad to look at that old thread again..still..good memories..:whistle:

Jez

I remeber years ago when i played runescape i was called Big_Jammie. Then i came to el and i thought i just want my normal name jamie but it was taken so i went with jammie :whistle:

LiquiD - Dunno. :P

Chosen - Just sounded cool, don't know why. ^^

beeFeh - Used to play counter-strike as b33f, so just changed it abit.

Arigorn - Bought my first account with this name. Never changed it.

Manhunt - Didn't have for long, don't know why.

Eyafostu - Means something, eternal warrior, or something. ^^

Shoq - Another Counter-Strike name I sometimes used.

MutuM - Another C-S name.

Prophet - Couldn't decide what name to change too, and a old friend gave me this name to use.

I've probs had more, just don't remember.. I only ever use LiquiD now, it's what most people remembered my by anyways.

#Edit - Forgot: Chronic, just because of the drug, no other reason. :whistle:

Still more than me, n00blet :P

I have chosen Nardo for my character in this game (which is not even close to my real name) for a few reasons and it has something to do with Italy, the Amazon and Babylon5.

Italy because of Leonardo de Vinci, a man who’s work I greatly admire, (eventhough it mostly came possibly from the Chinese, but that’s another story) and there is a small village/district with the name Nardo, where once lived a (some say crazy) monk/alchemist/potionist with the same name and a kinda background which fitted my fantasy character nicely also.

Nardo was also part of the name of a rare (and to my knowledge sadly extinct) tropical Amazon plant with groovy purple flowers which could poison or cure you at the same time. Funny enough I found Nardo also mentioned in a cooking book from Babylon5. All together I thought then that would be a nice fitting name for a mad potionist here (which I had in mind then). Little did I know. :whistle:

(Some have asked me what the Lala means, that’s simple, Nardo is (the last) from “The House of Lala” (Lala by name, Lala by fame). (but that’s for the roleplaying fans among us)

N.

Xarondas or Xaros is the soul collector of Hades (hades was thw god of the underworld) in Greek, in english its read like "Harondas" . Kinda cool thats why i picked it ;p

QUOTE (Khalai @ Jan 19 2009, 08:48 PM) *

Explaining who protoss are is a waste of time, right? smile.gif

Anyone who doesn't know who the Protoss are have no right to all themselves "gamer"!!!!! devlish.gif tongue.gif

totally agree :whistle:

and to those who don't know what protoss are, the name comes from the great masterart of Blizzard, StarCraft, the father (or mother? :D) of all Startegic games

OFFTOPIC : and StarCraft came from WarCraft :P StarCraft is 4 years younger than Warcraft :P

I have chosen Nardo for my character in this game (which is not even close to my real name) for a few reasons and it has something to do with Italy, the Amazon and Babylon5.

Italy because of Leonardo de Vinci, a man who’s work I greatly admire, (eventhough it mostly came possibly from the Chinese, but that’s another story) and there is a small village/district with the name Nardo, where once lived a (some say crazy) monk/alchemist/potionist with the same name and a kinda background which fitted my fantasy character nicely also.

Nardo was also part of the name of a rare (and to my knowledge sadly extinct) tropical Amazon plant with groovy purple flowers which could poison or cure you at the same time. Funny enough I found Nardo also mentioned in a cooking book from Babylon5. All together I thought then that would be a nice fitting name for a mad potionist here (which I had in mind then). Little did I know. :whistle:

(Some have asked me what the Lala means, that’s simple, Nardo is (the last) from “The House of Lala” (Lala by name, Lala by fame). (but that’s for the roleplaying fans among us)

N.

Lala - and here I was thinking that you liked the Teletubbies :P