Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_runner

Underwater City

As the title say. A city underwater, that players can visit.

This could introduce a whole slew of new things.

New creatures and monsters. From fish to sharks and much more.

New items. Water breathing potion for example.

New spells. Water breathing spell.

Just a thought.

I like the idea. But probably isn't going to happen because it will be hard to create. But will introduce lots of new things.

Put this idea to a locker and draw it out like two years later, when new engine comes and cities can be built. Right now, I don't think it will happen soon.

Liking the idea, how would you get underwater? Would you simply jump into water and start swimming? I think it'd be hard to make the action of swimming? But keep up the good work :devlish:

Liking the idea, how would you get underwater? Would you simply jump into water and start swimming? I think it'd be hard to make the action of swimming? But keep up the good work :)

Could be as simple as walking into the water. Or a flag too travel to a underwater section, like a boat.

i do like the idea of a city being created byus but a futuristic type thing would get annoying. i also think that if it became very popluar the people who dont like the idea would be dragged into it anyway.

O, I like this idea! :)

I can see this as just a normal map with blue lighting. There are the occasional blue particle effects for bubbles. The sky texture could be undulating water...

Would be great :) Maybe some water-based guild would use this as their map?

I can see this as just a normal map with blue lighting. There are the occasional blue particle effects for bubbles. The sky texture could be undulating water...
In other words, use the SponogeBob SquarePants model. It all takes place under water, but they have beaches with waves, running water, fire, drinks in glasses, etc, etc.

Inded nice idea, and breathing can be solved by mask or something made under engineering.

You don't have to add any continent for that, just new map you can add to existing one, like visiting underwater in sea (in WS :D)

Just regular map, but with water instead of air :P

Anyway it probablo won't happen... soon.

Actually, the Willowvine/Kusamura cave was supposed to be "underwater" but with the current resources we have, it was hard to make it truly look underwater. So it was converted into a cave that looks like it was once underwater :D

Actually, the Willowvine/Kusamura cave was supposed to be "underwater" but with the current resources we have, it was hard to make it truly look underwater. So it was converted into a cave that looks like it was once underwater :D

There is one cave in TG magic school garden which is also true underwater :-)

I really doubt with only 1 person programming this game that it would ever get anywhere near the abilities to swim or go underwater or w/e.

pssssst.....there's more than one. It is just that the leader of the game has other priorities and so do the other programmers.

By the way, I have seen this in an MMORPG....well, not underwater fishfolk cities, but the idea of swimming and drowning. Trying to get a death bag in a current is a real pain in the butt.

I really doubt with only 1 person programming this game that it would ever get anywhere near the abilities to swim or go underwater or w/e.

These thread are not about if it will get anywhere or not, this is about things us people in the community would like to see and give those developers some ideas that they may not have had on there own. Plus they can see by the thread if a the community like the idea or not.

This being the most positive reaction to any thread that I have wrote or read recently, they might consider adding it at some point in the future. Perhaps one of the player based cities or maybe a new section that is added along with player based cities.

All we can do is hope. :P