kit_gw

Keeping up with the Jones

Everyone's looking great but the csiga rules :confused:

I was offline when you got those but here are the pics I took earlier yesterday

madll8.jpg

maderwj3.jpg

And of course, thank you very much csiga :brooding:

Csiga made all but bkc's. Talk to him.

Obviously there's a little debate there about whether to use Labrat's custom mirror or csiga's. Personally, I think it would be great if most of us on this server would use csiga's since the designs show up on both servers. That means, if you're in a guild that's on both servers, you're stuck with the design they choose. Worse, if you bought a character and haven't gotten a name change, you could end up wearing that person's clothes.

Also, csiga is on the PK server a lot more often than Labrat, so he'll probably be easier to get in touch with about adding files. I know Labrat checks forums frequently, so I doubt forum pm's would be a problem, so this isn't really the strongest argument, but it is easier to get stuff done in game than on forums, so eh.

My son made my cape, and he used Blender (a 3d graphics program). He started with the cape mesh .bmp file and a screen shot of an in-game pick.

My cape is on labrat's custom clothes server and it's actually for my main char, but it shows up on the PK server too. Last I checked it had like 30 guilds and 90 individuals worth of custom clothes.

As to which server, I'm going to stick with labrat's as I want to be able to see all the clothes out there, not just what's on the PK server. Plus, I almost never wear my cape here anyway (more for main).

Edited by bkc56

help a n00b out guys n gals , how do I get a cape that shows up on everyone elses screen then ?

I must have missed the thread about it somewhere else , can you link me to it please ?

I would know how to insert a custom cape into my own client , and also make folders for individual peeps who I wanted to see wearing a certain cape but thats a REALLY long winded way of doing it and you peeps are talking about servers holding custom capes lol

whats the deal with them ? help ! lol

help a n00b out guys n gals , how do I get a cape that shows up on everyone elses screen then ?
There is no way to "force" your cape to be seen by others. The only way to distribute custom clothes is to be on a custom clothing server with others, then you'll all see the same stuff. Currently, the only one of any size (with lots of guilds and individuals) is the one labrat hosts.

For more info, on the main server do: /agneum #clothing

Putting your stuff on a server makes it available. But no one will see it unless they setup to download from that server. And only people using that server will see the custom clothes on that server. If you use a different server, (like the one csiga setup) you'll see the clothes hosted there instead.

This is one of those cases where diversity and choices is not a good thing. It's best to have one widely used server so as many people as are interested can see everything that's currently available. If the clothes are spread out over ten different servers, then any given person will only be seeing 1/10 of what's available (based on which server he connects to).

Note that this is totally independent of which EL server (main, pk, test) you're connected to.

Currently, the only one of any size (with lots of guilds and individuals) is the one labrat hosts.

I accept any size too, and taking care of the quality (all customization tested by myself before putting to live - this step is needed anyway to avoid inappropriate content).

This is one of those cases where diversity and choices is not a good thing. It's best to have one widely used server so as many people as are interested can see everything that's currently available. If the clothes are spread out over ten different servers, then any given person will only be seeing 1/10 of what's available (based on which server he connects to).

My mirror is designated for customizations of pk server players.

Currently the customizations are based by guild name or the player name only (so no main/pk difference).

For updating the customizations, the players can change the entry in custom_mirrors.lst time by time, so because the customized files are staying on the harddrive, all update can exists parallel. Of course in the case of conflicts (where you have customized files on both servers), the last update will be the valid. We have some ideas with Labrat regarding this issue, maybe some synchronization or modification is possible in the future.

Note: the client code itself can handle 32 different update servers.

Edited by csiga

For updating the customizations, the players can change the entry in custom_mirrors.lst time by time, so because the customized files are staying on the harddrive, all update can exists parallel.

Note: the client code itself can handle 32 different update servers.

Those parts I didn't know about. So that makes it more reasonable to have multiple servers with the only problem being conflicts (for people that have different stuff on multiple servers).

I guess if you and labrat work to coordinate your efforts, it could well work with both servers in parallel.

And I do understand and appreciate your efforts to support those players who play primarily or only on the PK server.