Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HereticEast

Trade sanctions for Gyp Bots

...bots hardly cost anything...
I don't think you understand what bots actually cost their owners initially and per year.

Not to mention that these payments are quite substantial, not some tavern tips...

Seriously, are you high or on some medication? Your thinking doesn't make any sense. Are you aware of basic economy and VAT (value added tax)? If bots were not earning their owners money and making profit, what good they would be?

gee golly not having to run around to trade. being able to sell/buy things when you are not online... which causes faster efficient selling and trading. how much is a bot? 10$ a month for a store bot? comparable to other games i've played that is nothing. if you guys think that is substantial you are really spoiled. i've known characters in other games that have spent 5K on their character. after running around trading i would say the store bot is worth 10$ if you didn't make a profit. i would pay that... and i probably will at some point.

I don't think you understand what bots actually cost their owners initially and per year.

Not to mention that these payments are quite substantial, not some tavern tips...

Seriously, are you high or on some medication? Your thinking doesn't make any sense. Are you aware of basic economy and VAT (value added tax)? If bots were not earning their owners money and making profit, what good they would be?

gee golly not having to run around to trade. being able to sell/buy things when you are not online... which causes faster efficient selling and trading. how much is a bot? 10$ a month for a store bot? comparable to other games i've played that is nothing. if you guys think that is substantial you are really spoiled. i've known characters in other games that have spent 5K on their character. after running around trading i would say the store bot is worth 10$ if you didn't make a profit. i would pay that... and i probably will at some point.

gEE gOLLY

Go play these other games then ffs, If you dont like the system, use the command #ignore bots and never ever ever have to bloody worry about it again kk

You have been playing for a total of 3 days? Why not give it a year or two before you complain

Edited by Wizzy

The purpose of the bots are to make their owners a PROFIT. If you want to make maximum profit for yourself then sell on the market channel.

There is nothing underhand in what they are doing, it's basic business. If I buy an apple off you for 5 pence, and then sell it on for 5 pence, what exactly would the point be in it for me? No, I'll sell it for 7 pence, so I can buy another apple off you, and keep 2 pence for myself, otherwise it would be a pointless exercise.

i didn't say anything about the system. i really like this game it is excellent. marking up things for doing next to nothing is silly. it's silly in other games too. let's just leave it at that.

OK, I too play other games. I have played Everquest 2 for many years, played a fair bit of WoW, and Star Wars Galaxies. If you are buying something in any of these games for the purpose of re-sale, you buy them at the lowest price you can, if you know that if you put them in your store (in the case of SWG and EQ2 at least) you can make more money from it, either due to people knowing you supply goods of this sort regularly, or by the fact you advertise said fact. It's basic economics.

I just spit Pepsi out on my desk reading this thread :rolleyes:

I'm also wondering, as some of the other posters, if you are on some type of medication? If not and you are serious then perhaps you would like to take a few moments and pm any number of the trade bots with both Inv and Wanted to check their responses. I'm fairly certain that, in almost all cases, you will find they buy for less than they sell for. That's what the bots are for. They make an in-game gc profit for their owners.

If you don't like their underhanded, back-alley tactics then don't use them. There is a player-to-player trade channel for your convenience.

If the amount of money seems insubstantial to you, well, go get yourself your own bot. And the spoiled one is you, if you don't mind 100$. If someone spends 5K on their character, well good luck, I would rather bought myself a shiny high-end DSLR and some top class lens while at it.

Consider EL as a free game with no obligations to pay for anything, or consider it pay to play game with a free bot service.

YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS CLICK ACCEPT WHILE TRADING WITH BOT, IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS POLICY, HELL, DO NOT CLICK ACCEPT BUTTON EITHER.

OMG - I have just realised that I am evil - my bot *always* sells for more than it pays for items.

I am just off to try and persuade my boss at work to do the same.

Guest Trojan_Knight
Way to piss off half of EL

I make a fortune from exploiting other people's labour.

Other people make a fortune from exploiting my bot's massive EMU.

The people I exploit make a fair living wage or they simply wouldn't do it.

Btw My bot is called Agneum, is the biggest bot ingame and buys silver ore for 1 gc each.

Feel free to protest at my bot.

Lolz, pr0 reply.. I applaud you Labby, :confused:

But as for this dude proclaiming bots are "unfair".. I got simple idea. Stfu kk thanks.

~~> me :brooding:

Ok, you have convinced me that you are right and I am wrong, to make you happy that my bot will never take advantage of you I shall set him not to trade with you.

You are so kind to protect him from any mistake in the future...... :brooding:

Excellent idea. I think I shall add him to the list of "protected" people on mine as well. :confused:

I've seen this thread sitting here since yesterday, i figured from the title it had something to do with gypsum and trade bots lol... to actually read it and see it's a guy telling bot owners to sell items for less or the same as what they paid for them made my day LMFAO

im not surprised this new guy is complaining about bots, until you have been fiscally fisted by a bot you really dont expect them to be the way they are

its typical of bots trying to take advantage of new players who dont understand the game yet but thats the way it goes when you start at least he wasnt scammed by a player ( yet ) .........

i admit to hating bots , sometimes I use them though , just depends how desperate I am for something but when I do use them its with gritted teeth and usually AFTER having tried on market channel for a bit

but im still of the persuasion that EL was a much better place to trade your goods before there were so many bots , of course it generates some $$ for the up keep of the game which is great so it has its pros and cons

nobody likes getting screwed in the bum by bots , so mr topic starter : welcome to loosing your bot virginity , hurts doesnt it ?

nobody likes getting screwed in the bum by bots , so mr topic starter : welcome to loosing your bot virginity , hurts doesnt it ?

loosing virginity - must be really painful >.<