Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HereticEast

Trade sanctions for Gyp Bots

i don't want to name any names but it rhymes with Beaver. Bots shouldn't be allowed

to buy/sell the same thing. i sold this unnamed bot like 800 silver ore at 2 gc and this

bot turns around 1-2 days later and tries to sell it for 2.5. harvesting takes long enough

without these shenanigans. sanctions, making it illegal or having a long waiting period

whatever. this is BS.

at the very least a thread called Gyp Bot Watch? Bots are a big enough advantage without

exploiting other players labor.

Edited by HereticEast

Way to piss off half of EL

I make a fortune from exploiting other people's labour.

Other people make a fortune from exploiting my bot's massive EMU.

The people I exploit make a fair living wage or they simply wouldn't do it.

Btw My bot is called Agneum, is the biggest bot ingame and buys silver ore for 1 gc each.

Feel free to protest at my bot.

Edited by LabRat

I had a harv service for a long time and you dont heart me complaining about bot compitition if you dont like it take your business elsewhere

Edited by Davania

. Bots shouldn't be allowed to buy/sell the same thing.

I agree it sucks.. We need a new rule: Bots should be banned from buying anything they need or can make a profit off, or if they do they should be forced to sell it for less than what they paid for it

damn evil bots

@ Labby the English Gent with his workhouse full of orphans :D

don't trade with bots? .... this is real winner for bot trading.

don't anyone red bait me i'll throw some Adam Smith at you

"The proposal of any new law or regulation which comes from [businessmen], ought always to be listened to with great precaution, and ought never to be adopted till after having been long and carefully examined, not only with the most scrupulous, but with the most suspicious attention. It comes from an order of men, whose interest is never exactly the same with that of the public, who have generally an interest to deceive and even to oppress the public, and who accordingly have, upon many occasions, both deceived and oppressed it."

Er... most every single product you buy in real life goes through the same thing.

Your local grocery store bought everything you see in it at a lower price than they're selling it to you.

Go get your picket sign!

Umm, people buy and sell off these bots and agree with the prices so it's not like they're outrageous :D

EDIT: Forgot to thank XenaMT for the link :P

Edited by 2coolfool

don't trade with bots? .... this is real winner for bot trading.

don't anyone red bait me i'll throw some Adam Smith at you

"The proposal of any new law or regulation which comes from [businessmen], ought always to be listened to with great precaution, and ought never to be adopted till after having been long and carefully examined, not only with the most scrupulous, but with the most suspicious attention. It comes from an order of men, whose interest is never exactly the same with that of the public, who have generally an interest to deceive and even to oppress the public, and who accordingly have, upon many occasions, both deceived and oppressed it."

Err, did you even read my suggestion that you could sell to players instead?

As for the rest of your post WTF are you on?!

dude, you can sell something to an NPC and then it resells your item at a massive rate. At least bots minimise that already huge difference of the NPC. Perhaps you should rant on the NPCs before you bash the bots.

Furthermore, some players actually buy stuff cheap from other players and sell high to other players too...

we have kids to feed omg

Edited by MagpieLee

You all are haters! You just don't appreciate the novelty and preciousness of this ingenious suggestion.

I think that explains the posters seeming lack of understanding of how things work.

Wait.. reading back over post #1..

Are you telling me the bot actually sold silver ore @2.5gc?

I really gotta increase Agneum's sale prices :D

yeah i've NEVER played MMORPGs before so i don't know how anything works. there was this other player in this other game that i know nothing about that did nothing but buy, mark up and resell. he quit, got cancer and died*. i don't think anyone even felt sorry for him. even after he made big appearances of giving things away.... maybe 2 or 3 little newbs. he took great pride in driving up the price of things.

*i made this up but it was something like that.

Edited by HereticEast

yeah i've NEVER played MMORPGs before so i don't know how anything works. there was this other player in this other game that i know nothing about that did nothing but buy, mark up and resell. he quit, got cancer and died*. i don't think anyone even felt sorry for him. even after he made big appearances of giving things away.... maybe 2 or 3 little newbs.

*i made this up but it was something like that.

Ok, you have convinced me that you are right and I am wrong, to make you happy that my bot will never take advantage of you I shall set him not to trade with you.

Ok, you have convinced me that you are right and I am wrong, to make you happy that my bot will never take advantage of you I shall set him not to trade with you.

You are so kind to protect him from any mistake in the future...... :D

Wait.. reading back over post #1..

Are you telling me the bot actually sold silver ore @2.5gc?

I really gotta increase Agneum's sale prices :D

Nah... You have to increase the buying price to 2gc :D

if this is such a cool service why don't mark-upers ever make this known before hand? this unnamed bot wasn't the only one that did this. in RL grocery store has to pay people so that is expected. bots hardly cost anything and are max convenience to the person that bought it. which makes it weird that someone brought up RL.

Edited by HereticEast

...bots hardly cost anything...
I don't think you understand what bots actually cost their owners initially and per year.

...bots hardly cost anything...
I don't think you understand what bots actually cost their owners initially and per year.

Not to mention that these payments are quite substantial, not some tavern tips...

Seriously, are you high or on some medication? Your thinking doesn't make any sense. Are you aware of basic economy and VAT (value added tax)? If bots were not earning their owners money and making profit, what good they would be?