Eternal Lands Official Forums
Raz

Equipped Item swap..

If you enable item swap on your equipped items, it allows you to instantly swap items that are equipped.

However, at the moment, it works only on the slot that you are over.

So if you want to swap an mm cape for an fr cape, you need to drop the fr directly over the mm.

If you drop it over another slot in your equipped items window, that item becomes unequipped; you get an 'a similar item is already equipped' error, and end up with no cape on.

Should it not be that if you drop an item over the equip item window, and a similar item is already worn, then the similar item is removed, and this equipped in that slot, regardless of which slot you drop it on. If a similar item is not worn, add to the slot that you are over if empty, if not add to first available slot.

I realise this will cause a problem with things like halbard/bow that require both shield and weapon to be removed - but it should be possible to remove both and add in the bow.

great idea.

Why didn't we think of it?

Wait - we did and saw the problem immediately.

The client does not know that a pickaxe can be swapped with a chicken seeking missile of doom or whatever Teh g0d decides to put ingame next. That is why the feature was added but it is manual.

When I were a lad we had to do it all manually - drag the pickaxe out of the equip slot and drag the sock puppet of mana vitrification into the equip slot. Now it is all done with one drag and drop.

<sarcasm>Tell you what - if you give me your password I will play the game for you too.</sarcasm>

Less of the sarcasm please.

It was a sensible question for those who do not know the ins and outs of the client-server messages.

great idea.

Why didn't we think of it?

Wait - we did and saw the problem immediately.

The client does not know that a pickaxe can be swapped with a chicken seeking missile of doom or whatever Teh g0d decides to put ingame next. That is why the feature was added but it is manual.

Arrays... if one make a multi-level array like (torso(iron torso, leather torso, pippo torso, dog torso), head (iron helm, leather helm, dragon helm)) etc etc, will allow a verification if the item removed is on the array index (like torso) and the new one is still in torso, if both are in the same index take off one and put on the other. It could be a little long to migrate to the array index system, but it will take advantages. Book also can be putted in different arrays index to make a whole renewed and better implementation of the knowledge thing. If this is too much work i'll offer myself to manually populate the array system and to the real developer the maintenance process, in order to add few lines for every new items added to the game, but placing it in the right place without many changes to the other portion of code. I don't remember how arrays work in C, i know php arrays, python lists, java arrays, i think they would not differ so much from these? ;)

Let me know if you really need help on this :D

The swap works the way that it does so you can select what item to swap with and aren't limitted to what type. This means you can swap your piackaxe for a shield, sword, FR Cape, or hat just as easily! What you are calling broken is a feature!

If you enable item swap on your equipped items, it allows you to instantly swap items that are equipped.

However, at the moment, it works only on the slot that you are over...

I would not have used Labrat's sarcasm (he is abviously in a funny mood today) but its true what he said. ;) We could never really keep tabs of all the relationships between items just in the client, the client does not know much about the items. Personally, I was quiet happy with the current functionality when I coded it. Hopefully, it's better than not having the swap feature and like Learner said, gives flexibility.

Hopefully, you will also note the new flexibility with moving things out of the equipped slots. You can now drag an item and drop it anywhere, not just a free slot. Also, the client attempts to find a item stack when their are no free slots.

Edited by bluap

I do love the equip swap, however I see a fatal ingame problem.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can accidentally drop something on a

CoL (Rainbow headband of ultimate sarcasm™) and instantly kill yourself?

Its just like accidentally removing said CoL and ka-boom.

So can there be protected slots\row to prevent a fumble ftl?

Less of the sarcasm please.

Search. Snarky replies™ is a feature of the suggestion forum ;)

AFAICR, removing a col when you have less than your normal heath does nothing.

Protected slots would have been a complex option. Having the ability to enable/disable the feature was the simple solution.

AFAICR, removing a col when you have less than your normal heath does nothing.

Protected slots would have been a complex option. Having the ability to enable/disable the feature was the simple solution.

I recall dying to this on more than one occasion. As far as I can recall,

you lose -150 regardless, at least in all the 'oops you lost a rosto moments I've had'.

I'll test and see if something has changed later, but I know my fear of removing my col pre-restore was founded somewhere.

And on complex, [sto all] has a [save last row] option, how about a ignore first 2 on equip?

On the subject of [save last row], which I think is an excellent feature, would it be possible to have this added to the drop all feature as well? Many times I go to mix somewhere and drop everything and think, damn need to pick up the rosto :-)

I am to lazy to google all the hold down ALT and press the number key pad randomly for symbols. But I cant remember whith one gives th TM thingy...Whats the combo of keys??

On the subject of [save last row], which I think is an excellent feature, would it be possible to have this added to the drop all feature as well? Many times I go to mix somewhere and drop everything and think, damn need to pick up the rosto :-)

A good idea that could be implemented simply.

I am to lazy to google all the hold down ALT and press the number key pad randomly for symbols. But I cant remember whith one gives th TM thingy...Whats the combo of keys??
( T M ) remove the spaces for and iirc ( C ) for ©