Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lartherel

Discuss/poll about resource blocking

Community thinking  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be allowed under the description below to block resources

• Yes
    • No

Pending that the poll continues the way it is, you could try minimizing bag losses.

Example: Project to collect uber amount of iron ore for guildies. Have 2-3 bags being harvested and keep contents less than 1000 ore. Mules take from various bags. If any one bag is jumped, it isn't a huge loss and you can continue working out of the other bags and start another one. As the project winds down, you collapse the bags until only one left and previous harvesters become mules until all gone.

voted no, why?
lol @ whole idea :D

same reason :(

You dont like the idea because of ....... ???

Lol is a really good argument that should be considered yery well....

Changing the in-game rules just because you got bag-jumped, well...to be honest in that case LOL is a very good argument.

Or just change the rules that you are allowed to hack somebodies account just because he/she bag-jumped you...same thing... :)

Blocking resources is against rules, bag-jumping is not...deal with it, and LOL next time don't do such a big project in one of the most crowded places in EL... :P

All in all,

LOL

The bags were NEVER designed for a temporary storage. And I am not intending to ever change that.

And yes, a bag is not a resource, but in this particular case they were blocking the sulphur behind it. Yes, there was sulphur a few meters away, but that's besides the point.

You make a bag by droping something on the ground it does not dissapear from the game but remains in the bag temporaily untill you pick it up or it dissapears after 15min. Then there are the skeleton/skull keys that allow you to temporaily store stuff for even longer past the 15min bag poof timer

If bags are not for tempory storage why are they in game??

Also I think the topic starter forgets that what they can use against the bag jumper the bag jumper can use against them and I am sure Rayla will devise an imaginative way to use this against unwary harvesters if there was a change.

my 2cents ty

Changing the in-game rules just because you got bag-jumped, well...to be honest in that case LOL is a very good argument.

All in all,

LOL

Now, i have to say LOL too, because i never said anything about rule breaking.....

See my Post on the first page----->

First of all, I totally argree with the Mods and Radu, that there is no reason to make any exceptions to the Game-Rules (Resource Blocking)

I just tryed to give some new ideas which could be nice to the game. And not just saying LOL because its against the game Game-Rules. It would be good to install something to clear this situations without crying to the mods.

That people are still returning DBs is also not in the game Rules, nevertheless everybody is glad if there was a honest finder. But this is an other topic.

Edited by ScareGlow

It would be good to install something to clear this situations without crying to the mods.

No need to, although I hate bagjumping, Rayla did not break a single rule, thus no need to moderate the situation in any way.

I voted no.

Imagine just for a second that this idea would be OKd..

I would see someone harvest iron and mule coal all day, and after quite a few hours I call my guildies and will just start a hoax saying NOOOO you bagjumped me, I can block you in here now and you will have no choice but to either let the bag poof, or hand it over to me, because I claim that I am the 'rightfull owner' of that bag.

I know that that is not your intention, but if goody two shoes Dilly can think of this, I'm pretty sure others will actually do it.

Bags on the floor have no owner. Just consider yourselves blessed that by far the largest part of our community have a sort of gentleman's agreement and respect eachother's works in progress, and just take extra precautions when working on a bag. I think both this thread and the one in Disputes have now provided plenty of ideas to do so.

It would be good to install something to clear this situations without crying to the mods.

No need to, although I hate bagjumping, Rayla did not break a single rule, thus no need to moderate the situation in any way.

Yes, you are right in the theory....

But there appeared at least 5 Mods and finally radu himself to clear the situation :)

And i think they have still other things to do....

But there appeared at least 5 Mods and finally radu himself to clear the situation :)

It seems that you broke the rules not Rayla, at least from what I read here and in disputes...maybe that's why Mods came, ever thought of that?

It seems that you broke the rules not Rayla, at least from what I read here and in disputes...maybe that's why Mods came, ever thought of that?

It is free to the mods, to decide from case to case if there is a rule breaking or not. Of course we tried to get that bag back we worked on and blocked the sulfur. That was all we could do, and as radu finally said we broke a rule, we made path. And dont tell me you would just turn around and left the bag you are working on for 2 hours...

Enough posts for me, i´ve got some nice solutions from people here.

Although i gave some ideas, maybe some Players/Mods will think about it...

I voted No.

You broke the rules, not the bag jumper. What you should have done, was surround him. So he couldn't move and trade with the muling thieves.

I hate BJers, but under the current rules it is allowed.

The one thing I will say is, that rule 3 has a strange exception.

IE - Respect others: You must the rights of others and their right to enjoy the game.

Yet it allows people to steal your bag, which certainly means your not enjoying the game right at that moment.

Some might say that PK is the same. Yet PK isn't forced on your, Bag jumping under the current rules is.

I understand that under the current rules, that you no longer own that bag. So before people start jumping up and down. Let me say, I am just pointing out what might be seen as a flaw.

I voted No.

You broke the rules, not the bag jumper. What you should have done, was surround him. So he couldn't move and trade with the muling thieves.

IE - Respect others: You must the rights of others and their right to enjoy the game.

Yet it allows people to steal your bag, which certainly means your not enjoying the game right at that moment.

Some might say that PK is the same. Yet PK isn't forced on your, Bag jumping under the current rules is.

I understand that under the current rules, that you no longer own that bag. So before people start jumping up and down. Let me say, I am just pointing out what might be seen as a flaw.

I don't agree with you. Remember, bags were never intended to be used as temporal storages. You can't get bagjumped unless you decide (and not are forced) to use the bag to mix or hold anything. You aren't forced to leave your deathbag either - you can either use a rostogol stone OR avoid dying OR have some company to secure your belongings (it reminds me at least one person who bagjumped one's own guildy and claimed somebody else did it).

As to your claiming bagjumping is against rule 3. Well, it's somewhat true, but if we decide to apply rule 3 to bagjumping the only logical decision would be applying it to PKing (as you mentnioned), but also to countless similar cases (I bet you can't even imagine what could spoil others' joy of playing - at least I can't). There are only some limits of issues moderators are able to be judges in. Start changing rules or bending them to your liking (you = general, in this case people suggesting and agreeing with changing rule 17) and we will end in a happy hell (think - sexual harassment rules in USA --> I've heard about 7year old kids getting arrested for harassing their female pals). I'd rather avoid it. (Hmm... changing this rule could affect moderators' fun... would it mean Rule was broken? :):P)

NO

and congratz to FD guild for being the first ones to tempt Rayla back into business , for some reason I cant help but think someone in your guild must have done something to piss her off , because if you can look past the outlaw st00f shes actually pretty funny and not such a bad girl

*edit* ftw

Edited by Ateh

I voted No.

I don't agree with you. Remember, bags were never intended to be used as temporal storages. You can't get bagjumped unless you decide (and not are forced) to use the bag to mix or hold anything. You aren't forced to leave your deathbag either - you can either use a rostogol stone OR avoid dying OR have some company to secure your belongings (it reminds me at least one person who bagjumped one's own guildy and claimed somebody else did it).

As to your claiming bagjumping is against rule 3. Well, it's somewhat true, but if we decide to apply rule 3 to bagjumping the only logical decision would be applying it to PKing (as you mentnioned), but also to countless similar cases (I bet you can't even imagine what could spoil others' joy of playing - at least I can't). There are only some limits of issues moderators are able to be judges in. Start changing rules or bending them to your liking (you = general, in this case people suggesting and agreeing with changing rule 17) and we will end in a happy hell (think - sexual harassment rules in USA --> I've heard about 7year old kids getting arrested for harassing their female pals). I'd rather avoid it. (Hmm... changing this rule could affect moderators' fun... would it mean Rule was broken? :):P)

Bags may have never been intended to be a temp storage soloution, however they have been used in this way for as long as I can remember, dragons were never intended to be farmed, though they are, as are yetis.

I voted no to the resorce blocking, as we already agreed to the rules when we accept to start playing. (even if we didnt read them) A bag is public property, ok, be smart enough to use it as a temp storage, or risk it. No offense to anyone, but is MM cave the best place to plan a 15k fe event in bags? There are even places on c2 for you hellspawn friends to take part in this even, where you may or may not see anyone for hours

It sucks to be bag jumped, but use your heads, minimize the risk.

There are ways to get back at people even if they dont pk or enter pk maps that are leagle and r not harasment,

By the way, I agree with ateh, rayla is a pretty nice person to chat with, I have only soke with her a few times, but she was Honest, which is more then I can say for a lot of those that pose to be Honest

Wizz

Hi all,

yeah, at the end a post of the topic-creator.

It was only an idea and I wanted to know what the community thinks about a change of rule 17. I wanted to know what you think about making it possible that ‘we can strike back to bagjumpers’.

And I see, the majority is against a change of the rule or against the idea behind.

Neither it was my intention to say that what we did was correct, nor it was my intention to say we must change something. The question here was not about what happened with ‘our’ bag or the project, the thinking behind was only an idea how we maybe could get to an option to handle this all without waste mod’s or at the end devs time.

Ok, so we have to handle/live with this what is writen now and I have to say thank you to all who posted here her/his opinion.

Thank you again.

Lartherel

"Hey, wtf? you took one of 3 ogres in this small cave that I was training in! You're not letting me enjoy the game, I'll #abuse you!"

"u pk me, it be no funz0r, i #abuse u for not leteing meh enjoi teh game"

etc etc

I guess I have too try and make my point more clearly.

I think that the majority of people within the EL community think Bag jumping is wrong.

Only a small minority seem to enjoy it and get some kind of sport out of it.

If that is correct, then isn't it time we look at how we want bag jumping handled?

I guess I have too try and make my point more clearly.

I think that the majority of people within the EL community think Bag jumping is wrong.

Only a small minority seem to enjoy it and get some kind of sport out of it.

If that is correct, then isn't it time we look at how we want bag jumping handled?

The difference is this thread is asking for the change to be made to game rules and part of the game which has a lot more ramifications to everything then player defined rules and codes of conduct. There is a BIG difference between the two!

1. I don't think people understand exactly how to answer your poll, the yes/no thing is too vague from the question your asking. People keep posting yes/no with the wrong corresponding answer.

2. Are you a lawyer IRL?

Edit: Also how is it not resource blocking creating a bag there in the first place when under your definition it would be illegal.

Edited by Hermit

girl you got bagjumped, get over it :D

it was your own fault if you weren't paying attention enough so stop crying ffs, it's not like 15k FEs gonna kill you anyway

Guest Trojan_Knight

Since I'm bored at the moment. And since I've "actually" read all this bs since my voting the other day.. I've decided to post.. This is gonna be a TK original posting. So be forwarned, if ya dont like reading a ton of bs, just ignore this :confused:

To some extent, I agree with the statement that a majority of players within the game. Find the action of "bag jumping" to be negative. And that a minor portion find it positive. However, if a rule becomes "you are no longer allowed to bag jump on game." Then you will see a major uproar, probally bigger then from cool down, bigger then rosto's, maybe just as big as the server crash era if anyone recalls that far back.

Because in sense. When you the player make a bag, it is no longer yours. Sure your sitting on it, but in all regards it belongs to mother nature at that point. So if you, yourself, take from the bag, you dropped. Then in theory, you are actually bag jumping mother nature. Thus then you would be breaking your own want to think up rule. Sounds stupid, but makes sense. Also, if this becomes a rule, then I would suggest removing the ability of making bags from the game. To help the moderators time spending on more important matters other then so and so bag jumped meh! With that what would happen? Then we lose creatures dropping bags, cuz we shouldn't bag jump a creatures death bag. Since that would also be "breaking the rules".

Some are seeing one sided aspect of this ridiculous idea in my opinion. And some others have tried to explain both sides as a reason for being the way it is. Its a chain reaction regardless of how you look it. If items are coming into the game from you harvesting, making them. There has to be a way out. So that the game is not over flooded with item named etc. Now the ways out vary, poof bag disappears (mother nature just bag jumped you {yet I've never seen MN in outlaws/disputes for this}), another player useing/spending the item.. So if in sense a bag jumper is actually possibly helping the game by means of increasing the flow of items. Then in sense I don't see it as a bad thing. Because everyone has a hobby. Just some know how to do theirs better then others.

As for "resource blocking".. You broke the rule, not the person who easily stole your "project bag" from you. How inconsiderate to others, that had nothing to do with the dilema at hand, can you be? I've pulled some pretty tardassy bs that usually goes unannounced in disputes/outlaws etc bs. But I have never been a tardass in the sense that it stops others from doing something. If anything, I feel as if you owe the community a apology for not only lameness. But also for being inconsiderate to the possiblity that A Someone else may of been trying to harvest for the soul purpose of harvesting.

It is funny to me honestly, that all these posts on this thread comes from one instance of a player bag jumping someone/some bodies. I've read in one of these threads that your not longer upset about that whole "issue".. However, I'd like to call ya out on a bullshit. Cuz if that was true, I wouldn't have the opportunity to post in this thread nor a question that asked me to vote. Basically, get over it, everyone else has.

~~> me :brooding: