Eternal Lands Official Forums
Lartherel

Discuss/poll about resource blocking

Community thinking  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be allowed under the description below to block resources

• Yes
    • No

Getting a bag jumped really sucks, but hey, it sucks to be stupid too, no? (I've lost a shitload of bags too, so that's not an insult or anything).

However, there are a few ways to bag-mix safely. If it's a guild project, just make someone the mule/the bagsitter/whatever, who won't harvest (maybe only mix), and you would give him ings by trading (that person should be the one with biggest EMU, but that's just my opinion). I doubt that Rayla could jump your trade session, OR the bagsitter him/herself.

Another idea - move to the PK server and bag-mix there safely \o/ there is only a handful of players there, so most places are Ghost Towns. However, if you see someone coming, just pwn them. Easy. (unless s/he pwns you first :D )

If you want more tips, feel free to buy my new book "Bag-Mixing for Dummies".

You cannot keep such projects save unless you run to the storage every 2 mins. And then its not a Guild Project anymore, its a walking around with 20 people.

I alone made several projects in bags (big projects) and never lost one to a bagjumper (yeah i lost few bags to treasure hunters, but that's another story).

You just need to find a better (bagjumper free) place...

You cannot keep such projects save unless you run to the storage every 2 mins. And then its not a Guild Project anymore, its a walking around with 20 people.

Yes, you can, easily. Just delegate one person to sit on the bag with his/her sitlock on, not harvesting. The role of this person is to trade stuff from/to the bag to other guildiesand to refresh the bag if necessary. Such person can also mix to make it less boring. As simple as that. Risk-free (excluding grue and dying of poison).

I do not like the idea of adding exceptions to the rules, it leads to misunderstanding as to what the rules really mean and also invites people to interpret things their own way.

If a bag is classed as a resource and therefor cannot be blocked then no one can work on a bag because they are breaking the rules :S which means, from your definition of a resource that you were already breaking the rules, Rayla came along to use the "resource", which is NOT immoral and you just shot your own argument in the foot :S Bag jumping IMO is immoral, not illegal, but immoral. Using a resource however is not - which way do want us to view Rayla's actions?

Do not get me wrong, personally I do not like bag jumping. Yes its part of the game and yes I have been bagjumped myself - it is annoying. I did not however break the rules to get my bag back, i walked away and learned a lesson. I am sorry for your loss, but, as has already been pointed out - you could have minimized the damage had you not kept all the fe's you were making in the bag.

BJ in big Guild-projects is too easy, there is no protection against it. Some of this projects take hours, and its lot of fun for many people.

There should be a possibillity in the game that allowes to do such projects without having fear someone strange is sitting on the bag after 3-4 hours.

There is, my guild does them all the time - trade the person on the bag and don't let them move of it! Takes maybe 10 mins longer for a 1.5 hour project and can be a little irritating for the bag sitter - however its a safer way if you insist that spot mixing is the only way ;)

I am sorry for your loss, however i voted no....simple reason, if a bag is classed as a resource then rayla (or anyone for that matter) isnt bagjumping they are merely sharing resources

Don't block resources is a very clear rule with no room for interpretation.

Leave it as it is - it may mean work for the mods but that's what they are there for.

I don't think twice about reporting someone that has decided that their mule/horse is blocking a storage NPC as it is a rule that doesn't have a "get out of jail free" card and I don't feel bad about invoking it.

I hate bagjumpers (well all except erstad!) but there have always been and always will be the darker element to the game. The fact that you chose to use a bag is irrelevant to this discussion and is no excuse for vigilantism which as you saw backfired on yourselves when Rayla reported you for rulebreaking.

Taking the bag of a bagjumper is (as I know from experience) much more satisfying than stopping every other player ingame from using a resource because you feel frustrated. Just sit back and wait for your opportunity to return the favour.

There is, my guild does them all the time - trade the person on the bag and don't let them move of it! Takes maybe 10 mins longer for a 1.5 hour project and can be a little irritating for the bag sitter - however its a safer way if you insist that spot mixing is the only way ;)

Yes, you can, easily. Just delegate one person to sit on the bag with his/her sitlock on, not harvesting. The role of this person is to trade stuff from/to the bag to other guildiesand to refresh the bag if necessary. Such person can also mix to make it less boring. As simple as that. Risk-free (excluding grue and dying of poison).

Thx. This seems to be the only usefull solution. Not to move from the bag during Guild-Projects.

i'm sorry for you losing that bag, but i dont think the proposed exception to the rule should be done (for reasons already stated).

On the other hand i could imagine to alter the rule about blocking resources a bit:

I think blocking NPCs or doors or simliar should stay forbidden, but why not allow blocking of harvestables ?

I mean if some ppl say bagjumping adds to the fun of the game, this could as well.....

btw, those pics in the other thread look really nice :pickaxe:

regards,

Gilrain

Voted no, I wouldn't like to have my guild projects disturbed like this for sure, and I feel sorry that it happened to you guys, but you have to admit you were lucky that she didn't just stay on it and let it *poof*

There are several ways to avoid the bagjumping, for example the one that mix could use the trade icon to give mixed items to the people that are heading to storage, and with the same icon could give resources to the one mixing. But a teleport nexus while harvesting can cause the same event... so.. just avoid to mix in the cave huge amount of things? :pickaxe:

i voted no. Im sorry for your loss (I too have been bj) its not nice but how ever much we dislike this part of the game it is part of the game and we just have to find ways to prevent it, changing the rules is not one of them.

heh I only just noticed this thread actually has a poll attached to it ;)

vote 101 was me \o/

Guest Trojan_Knight

I voted no, cuz you didn't offer me 1mill gc for my vote.

~~> me <~~ :hiya:

I voted yes because IMHO it would make the game more interesting if you would have the chance to defend against a bagjumper after he jumps on your bag. Currently you have absolutly no chance if this happens. Just my opinion ..

Edited by Erdie

I voted yes, because there is an inbalance which favoures bagjumpers too much IMO .... just don't go ever to a pk map (and besides hydro I guess there i s absolutely no need for) and bagjumping is pretty safe annoying people without any consequences

sux 4 loss but...

? The loss is not the point here, 10 people do 20k FEs in 2 hours. In addition, we already muled 10k into the storage.

voted no, why?
lol @ whole idea :P

same reason :)

You dont like the idea because of ....... ???

Lol is a really good argument that should be considered yery well....

I voted yes, because there is an inbalance which favoures bagjumpers too much IMO .... just don't go ever to a pk map (and besides hydro I guess there i s absolutely no need for) and bagjumping is pretty safe annoying people without any consequences

I AGREE, there must be a small chance to get it back somehow. ( install a Gambling like "Roll the Cube", depending on different stats :( or sth.

I voted yes because IMHO it would make the game more interesting if you would have the chance to defend against a bagjumper after he jumps on your bag. Currently you have absolutly no chance if this happens. Just my opinion ..

THATS THE POINT.

Another idea - move to the PK server and bag-mix there safely \o/ there is only a handful of players there, so most places are Ghost Towns. However, if you see someone coming, just pwn them. Easy. (unless s/he pwns you first :) )

If you want more tips, feel free to buy my new book "Bag-Mixing for Dummies".

LOL DHT

Anyway, wouldn't it be great if you could PK on the spot someone that bag jumped you?

There are a couple reasons why I think this post shouldn't exist but they have been mentioned in other places. I had my lot of events on the main server while on Dao Guild and I would only get upset with myself if I didn't manage to get people to work in a way to make the event safer. One of the golden rules for me on fe's projects, never get to the 5k fe's in the bag. We would get a high EMU player to make a couple trips every now and then, usually when we reached 3k fe's in the bag.

I AGREE, there must be a small chance to get it back somehow. ( install a Gambling like "Roll the Cube", depending on different stats :) or sth.

THATS THE POINT.

That's not the point. Try reading some of the post above and you'll see that:

- Bags are not meant to be temporary storages and thus are not meant to be safe in any way.

- If you decide, however, to mix from bag, then do it safely - NEVER get off of the bag, TRADE the ings instead of dropping them.

I see no point why this topic should stay open - this has been discussed a thousand times already.

However, a notice should be made every once in a while by mods, just like they do with the "don't give out your password", "if you don't know how to eat then you'll die join newbie channel etc etc". Just to remind people these points stated above.

However, a notice should be made every once in a while by mods, just like they do with the "don't give out your password", "if you don't know how to eat then you'll die join newbie channel etc etc". Just to remind people these points stated above.

It IS being broadcasted every now and then. I will forward all complaints at "blue spam" to you (j/k). There's not a chance to cover every possible mishap with our messages. I suppose we could replace a majority of them with "Common sense 4 lyfe".

*sigh*

as much as I hate bjers......u can't break the rules

like saying..you had the chance to kill a murderer...but killing him gives the evidence away and you do an illegal crime.

You can't break the law no matter how bad or how mean the person is.

Anyways..there are 2 ways out of mm cave also if you block resources you are also blocking the innocent people out too.