Lartherel

Discuss/poll about resource blocking

Community thinking  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be allowed under the description below to block resources

• Yes
    • No

Hi all,

radu and me discussed about this http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47854

a long time and so we came to the conclusion, that we make a poll

I think we all know, that there is rule 17 (against blocking resources: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14582 ). We all know, too, that bagjumping isn’t illegal (and this thread isn’t about how bad or good bj is), but when you interpret rule 17 a little, a bag is a resource, too.

In this thread I ask you, the community, to discuss a rule exception, that says, that when there is an enemy (like a bagjumper) and a good reason (that has to be proved), it is allowed to block a resource, to make it more difficult for the enemy. Condition is, that no uninvolved persons will be constrained with this block (what also has to be proved).

And please use the first link to flame and start here a objective discuss/poll about our all community rules.

Greetings

Lartherel

Edited by Lartherel

Briefly, you got caught with your pants around your ankles (your own lack of imagination - 15k FEs in your bag) by a bagjumper. To stop bagjumper you decided to break game rules.

You didn't like Radu and Thyralax explaining you that you are not allowed to break game rules and started this poll.

Absolutely awesome. Should we start making polls to make exceptions to some other rules? Like rule no. 6 "Use Appropriate Names", i.e. you are allowed to create name like FuckXY, where XY is a name of player that was rude to you and you can prove it. What about Rule 15 "Bag Spamming". I think it should be allowed if it causes an evildoer (and you can prove it) some problems. Oh, also rule no. 18 "No Hacking" - everybody should be allowed to hack evildoers!

Now, let's discuss what would 'proving' mean. Chat log? Screen shot? Your word? Who would be the judge to say if your proof is good enough?

Honestly, this idea is ridiculous. Totally.

Sooo... if u consider that bag is a resource, then sitting on your own bag is blocking resources too, right? And u should move and let someone else to use it when asked? :)

everybody should be allowed to hack evildoers!

:) Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Edited: I thought Iori was a Female, sry.

Edited by popeye

everybody should be allowed to hack evildoers!

:) Amen SisterBrother!!!!!!!!!!! :D

:D

Edited: I thought Iori was a Female, sry.

>.<

Edited by Iori

Briefly, you got caught with your pants around your ankles (your own lack of imagination - 15k FEs in your bag) by a bagjumper. To stop bagjumper you decided to break game rules.

You didn't like Radu and Thyralax explaining you that you are not allowed to break game rules and started this poll.

Absolutely awesome. Should we start making polls to make exceptions to some other rules? Like rule no. 6 "Use Appropriate Names", i.e. you are allowed to create name like FuckXY, where XY is a name of player that was rude to you and you can prove it. What about Rule 15 "Bag Spamming". I think it should be allowed if it causes an evildoer (and you can prove it) some problems. Oh, also rule no. 18 "No Hacking" - everybody should be allowed to hack evildoers!

Now, let's discuss what would 'proving' mean. Chat log? Screen shot? Your word? Who would be the judge to say if your proof is good enough?

Honestly, this idea is ridiculous. Totally.

I guess you do not understand anything? Not the xx fe are the point, the point is, how can i react against this, we all know, a guild make projects and make bags, we all are not really angry about the losts, we all thinking only about a change to make it fair for all, i can bj you, your bad that you leave the bag, i can't do anything against you?? Maybe it's so better and clear for all what we mean?!?!?! As i said in the sub-description, before you post think a minute?!?! You're welcome, and if you want start this thread with flaming feel free, i know you're a mod, but maqybe we discuss this in a pm?

I guess you do not understand anything?

:) I voted no, I do understand things. I personally like the hacking idea. :D

Edited by popeye

Exterminating evil with another evil is not a solution. Take better care next time, haul products periodically or lock it using hyperkeys.

There is a defense against bagjumping, it is called vigilance.

I forgot to ask how you knew it was Rayla if she jumped the bag while invisible? Just curious.

I guess you do not understand anything? Not the xx fe are the point, the point is, how can i react against this...

Prevention is better than reacting. You shouldn't have work with your bag in the first place. Anything you put on ground is no longer your possession.

...we all know, a guild make projects and make bags, we all are not really angry about the losts...

Never heard about a guild keeping 15k FEs in their bag. Never heard about a guild breaking game rules to punish the bagjumper. Never - till now. I'm impressed.

You're not angry about your loss? Bullshit. I would be angry if I lost 15k FEs (on the other hand I'd ask one of my guildies, taking part in our project, to haul some of them to storage every now and then).

...we all thinking only about a change to make it fair for all, i can bj you, your bad that you leave the bag...

Go for it! Bagjump me. It would be my mistake to leave anything worthful in a bag you could bagjump. I assure you, though, I will not break any of game rules to punish you ^_^

...i can't do anything against you??

You mean other than bagjumping me?

Maybe it's so better and clear for all what we mean?!?!?!

It was clear from the very beginning!!!!!!! (I counted! 7 exclamation marks! One more than you!)

As i said in the sub-description, before you post think a minute?!?!

I did (however I didn't need to. Suggestions similar to yours appeared countless times in past years. Nothing has changed. Try guessing why. You have more than one minute.)

You're welcome

Thank you.

... and if you want start this thread with flaming feel free

Disagreeing with you is flaming now?

i know you're a mod, but maqybe we discuss this in a pm?

Nothing to discuss with you. Neither in PMs or local chat. By the way, what does the fact I am or I am not a moderator have in common with this case? I think being a moderator does not mean I have no opinion and I should not express it.

Honestly, you call for thinking before answering to your post, yet, you didn't waste your time to think about my words at all. Your response to my post is very emotional and lacks merits. I find it pretty humorous. I'd suggest calming down and reading my post again.

Game Rules aren't curved in stone, true. They're well settled, though. Blocking resources rule (no. 17) is there for past years in the same form (wording might have changed a little - can't be sure). I think it didn't change throughout this time for some reason. It is a really good rule.

You're asking to make an exception to this rule. In my opinion making it is potentially dangerous. More people could follow your example and demand some other exceptions. Of course, they would make polls. If results were satisfying them they would claim Game Rules should follow them.

Vox populi, vox Dei? Yeah, right, but:

Nec audiendi qui solent dicere, Vox populi, vox Dei, quum tumultuositas vulgi semper insaniae proxima sit.

"And those people should not be listened to who keep saying the voice of the people is the voice of God, since the riotousness of the crowd is always very close to madness."

Edited by Iori

In this thread I ask you, the community, to discuss a rule exception, that says, that when there is an enemy (like a bagjumper) and a good reason (that has to be proved), it is allowed to block a resource, to make it more difficult for the enemy. Condition is, that no uninvolved persons will be constrained with this block (what also has to be proved).

So who decides who can or cannot be blocked, who acts as judge and jury ? the players ? lol

ill vote yes so i can drop a bag and when someone steps on it ill acuse them of bj then block em on the corner haha!

one more funny thing to do when im bored and no bags to jump :D

Edited by Rayla1

Lol, guess what, people can perhaps teleport past you (from what I saw on screenies on your other thread), they might be able to just trade the stuff.. even if you block the person on the bag. That means, resources are still there, maybe you can bargain them back from the thief.. (sounds odd, yes, might work, you never know.) And then you still have a chance at keeping what you've been working hard on.

If this would be allowed and I got onto a bag and you blocked me and I couldn't mule it out one way or another, it doesn't make any difference for you, because you know what, I'll go make coffee and watch tv for 10 minutes and come back when your bag poofed, beam out and yea. All your work is gone, erased. Back to point 0. You think it's gonna bother the bagjumper he didn't actually get the stuff?

I doubt it. I've played the role, I know how it feels, so take my word on it, this rule will change that you will waste 12 more minutes of your life trying to block a person from moving and someone else will spend 12 minutes of their life laughing at you. Spare yourself the trouble. :D

And as I already read, who's gonna judge? Lol.. more work for mods? They are flooded already, I think. ^^

But here's an idea, make smaller projects, work with smaller amounts.. make bags you can AFFORD TO LOSE, JUST IN CASE. The highest bag I ever made in a mine was with coal and FEs for 50 steel bars. Very affordable even if I get jumped, so it's np.

Lastly, don't make stupid suggestions, I bet you hate Rayla for jumping you there, well I bet you're amusing her to death and that she's laughing/will laugh her head off whenever she sees this topic. Make sure she doesn't get bored jumping people now!! :DEDIT: Hey, apparently she saw this topic as I was typing. ;P

-Gohan

P.S.: Any typos, or anything that does not make sense, I blame it on the late hour.

Edited by Gohan

A bag is NOT a resource! Resources include the harvestables. NPC's, etc, but not DB's or players bags. You can block people from getting to a back safely. The issue with the resources is blocking of harvestables items near the bag you are trying to circle. If you can block the person in that's on a bag you made without blocking harvestables, then do it, otherwise don't block the harvestable resources!

A bag is NOT a resource!
Not only that, but if that's the MM cave, there's more sulfur about 4 steps away from that little alcove. Is it really resource blocking if only part of the resource is unreachable?

First of all, I totally argree with the Mods and Radu, that there is no reason to make any exceptions to the Game-Rules (Resource Blocking)

On the other hand its not possible to do a peacefull harvesting project with other Guildmembers atm because of BJers.

The basic thing about a guild project is to do something together (harv, mix, talk ect.) without leaving the place every 2 mins.

But why should any guild do projects like this anymore?

BJ in big Guild-projects is too easy, there is no protection against it. Some of this projects take hours, and its lot of fun for many people.

There should be a possibillity in the game that allowes to do such projects without having fear someone strange is sitting on the bag after 3-4 hours.

:D Maybe a "One Use Only Guild-Bag" sold in the EL shop.

I think this would be a good solution and raises the numbers of Guild projects again.

What do you think about this?

Keeping your Guild Projects safe is called strategy. Without a risk a Guild Project can become a boring drag. Having some risk does help spice things up and keep things more interesting.

Why do you think Guild Maps are limited on harvesting?

You cannot keep such projects save unless you run to the storage every 2 mins. And then its not a Guild Project anymore, its a walking around with 20 people.

I dont think a Guild Project can become a boring drag, because they take place only once a month or so.

I still think there should be a possibillity to do those projects. Maybe limited to every 400 hours or more ( like the instances )

"One Use Only Guild-Bag"

Like this :

:D ------> Your Guild-Project started, you have 2 hours than your Bag will disappear ! <------

this would help to spice up things , too.

The bags were NEVER designed for a temporary storage. And I am not intending to ever change that.

And yes, a bag is not a resource, but in this particular case they were blocking the sulphur behind it. Yes, there was sulphur a few meters away, but that's besides the point.

You have my sympathy, But I voted No. There are 2 maybe 3 places I can name off the top of my head where you can make FE, why they werent used is anyones guess.

You do realize that there is already something you can buy from the EL shop, which will allow you to do guild projects in one place withought being bj'd.

It is a VERY expensive object, but as far as I know foolproof (unless you let someone into the guild who tricks you and steals everything)

Buy a bot, get it blesses a bunch, and get Radu or Roja to allow it near a resource area. Then use it as a storage instrument. Have it buy and sell to the guild for free. Harvest and store on the bot, then trade resources off to mix. Once those resources are used up trade the mixed objects for the resources.

Rayla or anyone else cannot bag jump it. It never poofs (Okay, a server might go down, but you won't completely LOOSE the stuff).

Its fool proof. Very expensive, but you can sue it an unlimited amount of times. It will cost USD to move, but hey no hauling resources around to different bags.

Seriously, give it a shoot.

I know that almost everyone bag mixes at some time in their EL life, and most people will continue to do it in smaller amounts. Its a fact of EL life. And people will hyper bags and store things. I found a hyper bag a little while ago with about 10k worth or ing's and steel bars. I wasn't looking for it, I was looking for a bag a mod had hypered for a contest. And I was nice, refreshed the bag and rehypered it. Thats me.

I'll whine when I poof a bag of 14k sulfer (yah, I did. Was afkish writting a paper and harvesting), and I'll commiserate when someone looses a bag to time or a bj'er

But seriously, bags can be replaced. Harvestables are there for use to use. We can create bags from harvestables, but other then a few select places, bags do not spontaniously "regenerate". Thus, in my opinion, bags are not resources.

My two bot'd cents