Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nijura

Rayla is back

Hey everybody,

we (the guild {FD} and the guild *LN*) just want to let you know, that rayla (who apologized here for bagjumping and said she changed her mind: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46794) is BACK!

First of all: We all know, that making a bag is on our own risk, and we don't want to complain too much, it's just (ok, almost) to inform you.

Our guilds were on a project for some FEs in MM-cave. We were going to make ~20k FE for the smaller players in {FD} and of course because it is fun to do such projects. We already had most of the FEs (~15k) in the bag, when rayla jumped on the bag. (i'm not sure, but i think she used invisibility for that)

We tried to talk to her and asked her for leaving the bag, but she didn't. Tyrone and later the pkg-guild began to mule the content of the bag. So we blocked the way out. We stand near together, so that nobody could get out.

Look here: http://toxic3.de/bilder/elscreen020.png

http://toxic3.de/bilder/elscreen019.png

After a few minutes (don't know if it were really minutes, but it seemed so) first Ghaele showed up, then rauch and then Thyralax and explained that blocking ressources like we did is against the rules, but we staid and explained why we did.

Then radu showed up, too. He explained again, that blocking ressources is against the rules, we discussed a long time and had to leave.

So rayla won again...

Of course the mods and radu are right, blocking ressources IS against the rules, but maybe there should be made an exception like: "Blocking ressources is forbidden, except the situation, that you are blocking a bagjumper and can prove this" or so. Of course this is not our decision, but maybe there could be a survey like the one about rule 5 or something like that. It would be nice, if there would be a way to fight for our bag, after it was jumped and before it is muled to sto by someone else.

Chatlogs (don't worry not some like "i open my chatlog in a text editor and make screenshots of that"): http://s450.photobucket.com/albums/qq222/Sixtana/

Greetings from {FD} and *LN*

EDIT: look here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47855

Edited by Nijura

I am sorry about your loss, I've seen you guys there today, I had to get to the other sulfur spot, so crowded it was there :)

However, what rayla did was not against any rule no matter what annoyance this is, so there can be no exception for breaking rules even in these cases. That just the way it is. The loss is great and I understand your anger, however...

Honestly, I see no reason to make any exceptions to Rule no. 17.

Moreover, bags aren't supposed to be used as storages. It's a simple trade-off. If you work with bag you are profiting from doing it. Honestly, though, why would you keep 15k FEs in your bag? It's plainly stupid.

After a few minutes (don't know if it were really minutes, but it seemed so) first Ghaele showed up, then rauch and then Thyralax and explained that blocking ressources like we did is against the rules, but we staid and explained why we did.

Then radu showed up, too. He explained again, that blocking ressources is against the rules, we discussed a long time and had to leave.

So rayla won again...

Of course the mods and radu are right, blocking ressources IS against the rules, but maybe there should be made an exception like: "Blocking ressources is forbidden, except the situation, that you are blocking a bagjumper and can prove this" or so. Of course this is not our decision, but maybe there could be a survey like the one about rule 5 or something like that. It would be nice, if there would be a way to fight for our bag, after it was jumped and before it is muled to sto by someone else.

Although you cant 'fight for the bag', retribution can always be taken in the form of bagjumping, broding and spawn serping the offender and their guild. :)

So clearly Rayla's recent 'change of heart' was complete and utter dogshit. What a surprise!

A few people in her 'apology' post accepted her apology and decided to forgive and forget. Fair play to them, although at the time of her last post, I must admit, I thought they were being very naive - but then I'm a natural cynic! :)

People can and do change, but you don't need a Ph.D in psychology to understand that THE sole most reliable indicator of future behaviour, is past behaviour.

Don't take my word for it, ask any probationary police officer who has spent more that 2 months in training.

Once an arsehole, always an arsehole seems to be the rule, sad but true.

Also see Korrode's post above - Very true. As they say in Spain:- revenge is a dish best eaten cold ;-)

*Note to self: Reinstate Rayla on shitlist alongside newhope, hylianmobster and vampiresixteen(or whatever the f*ck it is calling itself these days)*

Edited by tpk36

*Note to self: Reinstate Rayla on shitlist alongside newhope, hylianmobster and vampiresixteen(or whatever the f*ck it is calling itself these days)*

Do you know how to post w/o cursing? Just curious. I've seen others post about Rayla without the swearing.

Do you know how to post w/o cursing? Just curious. I've seen others post about Rayla without the swearing.

he doesnt even know how to pick a nickname :D

omg swears!!!11`

all the mum's of all EL players will be pissed!

There are rules for a game to make it enjoyable for the players. Spamming is annoying so there is a rule against it. Cheating is annoying so there is a rule against it. And so on. Bagjumping is also annoying (of course not for the bagjumper, but spamming is also not annoying for the spammer^^) but there is no rule against it. Why? Is it intentional or is it just that there is no way to prevent it? (in a "code" way, like muting for spammers or ban for cheaters or some anti-botting code)

I was playing an other mmorpg for a long time, PlaneShift. There was also this bag problem, they solved it with "guarded bags". As long you are in radius )some meters) of the bag it's guarded by you and no other can take it (maybe guild Members or Allies can take it). This prevents you from "misclicked and all is gone" or such problems described above. If you move along, the bag is free, so people can take all the rabbit fur bags on IP like it is at the moment :)

Another good idea i heard from a guildie is to make a special bag that works like a treasure box. You need a key to open it, that only works for this box. So for this project, make such a box and give all participans a key so they can open it. = Problems with bagjumpings are gone.

If it is intentionally, then this ideas are useless of course^^

For the "blocking resource" thing. It was a part of the resource (sulfur) there, not the whole place, peoples harvesting there all the time this "action" was happen. But ok, next time i can't reach the iron in EVTR cause of the crowd there, i'll cry to the mods "mimimimi, can't reach the iron, ban them all!!11eleven"

why would you keep 15k FEs in your bag? It's plainly stupid.

Is this the common behaviour of the moderators here? You where there? You know how the event was planed and worked? You know things called "RL" so that people cannot stay there and mule items to sto like it was planed? No? Fine. But i'm not wondering about this, when "high rank moderators" uses "stfu" and such phrases officialy (not you, another moderator who will knows when he read this), then you can do this too of course. So if we are on 4chan, where is the pr0n? :D

Oh wait, found this in another thread

Guys, let's avoid flame.

so lets start avoid the flame :D

Bags have never been intended for use as temporary storage of any type, even if you stay on top of it. That's why bags have no ownership at all. Because there is no ownership intended for a bag is why it's not against the rules to 'bag jump' and why nothing will be added to 'guard' a bag. Bag jumping is part of the community decision fo how things should or should not be done.

Bags have never been intended for use as temporary storage of any type, even if you stay on top of it. That's why bags have no ownership at all.

They were also not intented to do so in PS, but now they do like i described. That was i meant with "Is it intentional or is it just that there is no way to prevent it?" :D

It was a lot of coding and testing i remember, but it works.

Bags have never been intended for use as temporary storage of any type, even if you stay on top of it. That's why bags have no ownership at all.

They were also not intented to do so in PS, but now they do like i described. That was i meant with "Is it intentional or is it just that there is no way to prevent it?" :D

It was a lot of coding and testing i remember, but it works.

It is intentional that there is no such things as guarded bags ... that is why there is no such thing as ownership of a bag etc.

If you think about it, that's also a reason why a teleport nexus exists as a harvesting special effect, not just to move you away from the harvest location, but to also make trying to use a bag riskier.

lol, this is getting more and more entertaining.

Ok.. I work on bags as well, and sometimes they get a hell of a lot bigger and a LOT more valuable than the 15k FEs that were lost here. I would be gutted were I ever to get jumped, but honestly: the moment i put the stuff down on the floor I'm aware that if somehow I go off the bag and someone is fast enough, I wouldn't have any right. Would I be gutted? Hell yes. Would I look for ways to retribute? If the bag is big enough, hell yes. But most of all I would slap myself for being stupid enough to get off the bag.

Guildproject or not, I believe it was said: vigilance is your friend. Even during a guildproject, just have the person that sits the bag not harvest and keep sitlock on, and trade to the people that need to deposit or take something. It's not that hard. And tbh... if you're gonna do a huge project like that, be smart and go to a more remote area.. I can name at least 3 locations in C2 that would have been a lot more suitable for the project you did, not only for the resources, also for visibility and 'safety'.

why would you keep 15k FEs in your bag? It's plainly stupid.

Is this the common behaviour of the moderators here? You where there? You know how the event was planed and worked? You know things called "RL" so that people cannot stay there and mule items to sto like it was planed? No? Fine. But i'm not wondering about this, when "high rank moderators" uses "stfu" and such phrases officialy (not you, another moderator who will knows when he read this), then you can do this too of course. So if we are on 4chan, where is the pr0n? :D

Oh wait, found this in another thread

Guys, let's avoid flame.

so lets start avoid the flame ;)

Just curious, does expressing my opinion, which happens to be critical toward your way of dealing with your guild project, a flame war? Would it mean that only opinions pointing Rayla as an nasty and evil person are considered valid? In this case we wouldn't be able to post at all in this or any other forums.

I will stay with my opinion. Keeping 15k FEs (or any other valueable) items in bag which could be bagjumped in case of some random events (a teleport nexus) or planned and badly synchronised bags passing IS stupid (Mind, I call this way of dealing with bag stupid and not people doing it. I'm far from judging people in this case.). I used to take part in guild projects and we always were hauling all our products to storages from time to time. Guess what, even if we got bagjumped we lost nothing valueable.

If I had to choose between a bagjumper and a person breaking Game Rules, my sympathy will always be with the bagjumper. Surprisingly, the Rules we have are there for some reason.

Edited by Iori

Guest Trojan_Knight

This is why long ago programers implimented the abilty to "trade on/with someone" rather then having to "swap" bags. ;) But overall. If Rayla, did it, or if Rayla did not do it. Regardless I find this humorous. Because from long time ago. There were pr0 bag jumpers. No matter what idea you may think "ah this will keep them out" your wrong. Bag jumping is a part of this game, and has been a part of this game longer then most things currently on game. Making a bag is convientent. Though with that convience comes risk. If your willing to take the risk, your willing to lose the bag. Just like pk, if your willing to enter PK, your basically willing to die.

Edit: As for fighting for ya bag. There is a way I believe. And that is to play on the PK server :D

~~> me <~~ & my 2cents :P

Edited by Trojan_Knight

Yes I know how to post without cursing. But I chose to curse. Get over it

You know how the event was planed and worked?

Apparently you have failed here since it went so wrong. Plan better next time, I'm sorry for your loss but that does not justify breaking game rules by blocking resources.

We have to live with bagjumping in its all forms (deathbags, invasion drop bags, harvers/mixer bags etc.) since it is permitted. Harvers/mixers can at least make their bags nearly risk-free which is impossible for fighters. I'd rather prefer to find a way to elliminate invisible bagjumpers during invasions than making harvers bags more secure.

Tyrone and later the pkg-guild began to mule the content of the bag. So we blocked the way out. We stand near together, so that nobody could get out.

Hi,

I was not muling, as I was obviously sitting right next to Rayla the whole time

I was just mixing for EFES ;)

-Ena.

PS you're redtagged to PkG, what's the problem? :D

Tyrone and later the pkg-guild began to mule the content of the bag. So we blocked the way out. We stand near together, so that nobody could get out.

Hi,

I was just mixing for EFES :pickaxe:

-Ena.

PS you're redtagged to PkG, what's the problem? :P

wtf? nice to hear umb and PkG Guild, im surprised, welcome to my ignore list.

Cheers for Rayla!

Good to see you back...

-Skod

red tagged, ignored and welcome to my pk list naughty n00b.

Lol @ the "You broke rules by blocking resources" and "my sympathy goes to the bagjumpers" ppl. Cmon, yea i agree with just 'you broke a rule' but rofl.... go as far to saying who gets what sympathy? Cba to look who said it, but i agree with the 'if too many people are crowding a resource and i cant harv it, should i call a mod?' or w/e. Mistakes happen umduh? So what, they were defending what they believed to be theirs in the only matter they found that worked, it was a mistake which obviously they realize and were told of by mods... drop it, dont gotta be Mr/Ms/Mrs/Miss/Madame O'Imasaintandnevereverbrokearule and rub their noses in it.

Hi,

I was just mixing for EFES :o

-Ena.

PS you're redtagged to PkG, what's the problem? :D

wtf? nice to hear umb and PkG Guild, im surprised, welcome to my ignore list.

Cheers for Rayla!

Good to see you back...

-Skod

red tagged, ignored and welcome to my pk list naughty n00b.

more pk lists I'm on, happier I am. so thank you, you really made my day...and stop whining, it doesn't suite such big pr0 like you ;)

omg swears!!!11`

all the mum's of all EL players will be pissed!

Ater they look at your siggy and what you just said, all the mums will say "Now children, stay in school, go to college or you will grow up to be like this man" ;)

Anyway, I told you Iori/Vanyel ;p

Edited by Sir_Exeus