Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PowerWarrior

Changes To Combat

Currently people only use melee to fight and its near to impossible to fight with range and magic on its own. I feel that you should use the concept used in other games whereby each type of combat can defeat the other. For example a magic attack should be powerful against someone wearing armor wereas it should be poor against someone wearing mage clothing.

So i suggest you introduce "Mage Staffs" which automaticly cast harm instead of melee fighting(Essenses Still Required). The staff should be very powerful on people who wear plate armor as the armor would help the attack. This in combat would cause the enemy to change armor to stop the attack by changing into leather which would neither help the attack or reduce the attack or they could wear mage clothing which reduces the damage by a huge amount. You could then create npcs which use magic instead of melee fighting which would be great.

Rangers on the hand should be able to destroy anybody in mage clothing/leather very easily because its unable to stop the arrows. They should have trouble fighting plated people but they should still be able to attack them with range even when attacked. Currently the arrow breaks or the bow breaks which is quite unfair for a ranger because i feel they should be able to use there attack on melee fighters but it just should be weaker.

Melee fighters hit hard on both rangers and mages but they can easily die before they even get the chance to attack which is there major vulnerability.

The main point of this is to make people use all three types of fighting and add some more fighting techniques instead of the current technique.

Currently the arrow breaks or the bow breaks which is quite unfair for a ranger because i feel they should be able to use there attack on melee fighters but it just should be weaker.

Ever tried slashing someone with full body armor with a bow? You will at least damage it, if not break it due to its flexibility, but nontheless, you can barely harm someone with full body armor using bow.

Rangers can attack from a bit futher distance than mages, and pure mages can be deadly for melee fighters. Ain't that balance?

Other suggestion: make it impossible for ppl who haven't played this game for at least two years post in this forum?

Other suggestion: make it impossible for ppl who haven't played this game for at least two years post in this forum?

Power Warrior Member No.: 8,525 of the forums :confused:

Ive been playing more than two years and im member number 14k or something lol

Power Warrior Member No.: 8,525 of the forums :confused:

Ive been playing more than two years and im member number 14k or something lol

Uh no to this idea...otherwise we'll have to wait for another year for DHT's brilliant ideas :P

FYI I've been playing EL for over 3 years with a few breaks. This character was created a year ago, as well as forum account.

This suggestion is almost a verbatim of the Runescape Combat Triangle thingy.

Not a bad thing, its a good combat system and it would be great to see it in a game that

isn't shitty.

It is rather balanced, but no one wants their high A\D suddenly trumped by a 50 level

ranger in this game. So the game's current population will fight tooth-and-nail, to

keep the battlemage, the only viable combat option.

To have a pure mage means that we must be able to train magic exactly the way we are having a/d training.

That means that all spells (not restoration though) should give more experience.

All spells (not restoration) should become cheaper.

Otherwise you can't train magic seriously or you can't have a pure mage.

Should a mage or a ranger wear plate set's?

Changes to combat would be nice but also complicated to be implemented.

I know a few mages in game myself, and I can tell that Magic is a very expensive skill to level up. However, it can be leveled much faster than a/d if you have all supplies needed. Being a pure mage means maxing out your will and reasoning, as well as getting as high magic level as you can.

PS: there's a will/reas maxed mage on PK server who is only in 30's a/d or so, and he pwns everyone lol :D

PS: there's a will/reas maxed mage on PK server who is only in 30's a/d or so, and he pwns everyone lol :(

Close, but not true.

The magic thingy has been discussed several times and unless you get someone by surprise, not likely to happen on main server, a mage won't get past Magic Immunity of a melee warrior character...

In other games, if you get a lvl 50 mage against a level 30 warrior the mage will kill the warrior, most likely, before the warrior even hits the mage. In EL as soon as a warrior gets magic 30 he is safe from magic and usualy everyone tries to get at least level 49 magic for no fail on restore.

I play EL for about 3 years and A/D has always been the core of the game, don't think it will change any time soon, if ever...

PS: there's a will/reas maxed mage on PK server who is only in 30's a/d or so, and he pwns everyone lol :D

Close, but not true.

The magic thingy has been discussed several times and unless you get someone by surprise, not likely to happen on main server, a mage won't get past Magic Immunity of a melee warrior character...

In other games, if you get a lvl 50 mage against a level 30 warrior the mage will kill the warrior, most likely, before the warrior even hits the mage. In EL as soon as a warrior gets magic 30 he is safe from magic and usualy everyone tries to get at least level 49 magic for no fail on restore.

I play EL for about 3 years and A/D has always been the core of the game, don't think it will change any time soon, if ever...

Invis pots are ur best friend :P

And So are MI rem wards ^^

Firstly my suggestion was not so much related to pk but just a change in the way we fight everything. I wanted to point out that it was impossible to fight as a mage or ranger and that you had to use melee in some form. It would add a different aspect to the game which is not all based on a/d.

Also its true that games suchas runescape use this concept and it seems to work quite well.

"impossible for ppl who haven't played this game for at least two years"

Do you even know who i am because i didn't quit 2 years ago and i am not the person who i sold powerwarrior too. I am the Origional Powerwarrior who has played many many characters. So don't make such comments in a topic i have made if you don't know who i am.

Interesting

A true mage is painful

But range attacks not so much yet

There might be something alone this idea that can be made to work

MOBs on EL are for melee fighting atm, I don't know if there is any other besides Phantom Warrior that can force most people to use magic and even this MOB needs some good defense to take it on.

Magic is too expensive to be more than a back up skill atm. There is no way you will make gc from killing creatures with magic, can you name one? Its also too easy to get attacked, needing a/d skills and attributes to sustain the damage, forcing you to use even more potions and essences.

@Exeus

Inv pots! I prefer Invisibility Spell, good xp :blush:

No MI removal wards on the PK server atm afaik.

MOBs on EL are for melee fighting atm, I don't know if there is any other besides Phantom Warrior that can force most people to use magic and even this MOB needs some good defense to take it on.

Magic is too expensive to be more than a back up skill atm. There is no way you will make gc from killing creatures with magic, can you name one? Its also too easy to get attacked, needing a/d skills and attributes to sustain the damage, forcing you to use even more potions and essences.

@Exeus

Inv pots! I prefer Invisibility Spell, good xp :blush:

No MI removal wards on the PK server atm afaik.

Yes there is ways to make gc's

No they are not fast or easy, but they do exist

I wont tell you how but there are ways