Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SirAlland

Warning

Here's hoping this is the right section for this post.

Today, both bots of our guild LotN, were essentially robbed of their gold coins by a tiny glitch in their code. It's being looked into as we speak, so for now we'd recommend all who use the deathadder bot code to disable trading from their bots and look for the latest update with the code as soon as possible, to prevent your bots from being "robbed" as well.

Post if you need more details :)

Here's hoping this is the right section for this post.

Today, both bots of our guild LotN, were essentially robbed of their gold coins by a tiny glitch in their code. It's being looked into as we speak, so for now we'd recommend all who use the deathadder bot code to disable trading from their bots and look for the latest update with the code as soon as possible, to prevent your bots from being "robbed" as well.

Post if you need more details :)

In the past there was a version of Bot code that allowed this by trying to buy negative Qty of items. Another method used in the past was if you were buying and selling the same item and messed up on the prices.

I tried to warn you guys about it.

Edit: Ah a different but related issue. My bad. I wish you the best of luck in making sure the bots are bug free.

Edited by nathanstenzel

The bug is fixed, and has been for some time already.

Though I never managed to take more than a few coins on the buggy code after I got the word of it, someone could have taken more I think. This happened on late 3.0 betas. The latest versions do not have this, and were tested (also by LotN guys) specifically against that bug and have not shown any sign of problems.

I am sorry this happened. It was looked at imediately after reported and should be fixed now.

@Learner:

None of the bot users or owners have told me anything about that and it can't be reproduced it on any of the bots currently running on server.