Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Horse whistles from the shop

I used one on test server today....

Had no tele rings cuz I used em all so I did a diss and horseback ride away.....Needless to say the peeps chasing me were like wtf :)

Perfectly good use Aphi :P

I agree that would be a great use.

Also many great uses:

• Hunting Leonard
  • Finding Invasion Monsters
  • To GTFO
  • Summon a Zoo, and Charge in to the battle with them in tow?
  • And so on...

It would be great if you could range from them, or fight with only certain weapons

ie cavalry friendly.

I understand not mixing or harvesting from them.

Ever tried to bake a cake from horseback? Let alone pick veggies, since its

1 carrot for you, 10 for the horse :)

-----

unwritten rule of not having an opinion

And some people should learn there is a difference between opinions and

insults. Maybe an understanding of slander, libel, defamation would let you

see opinions are not sanctified and golden.

And some people should learn there is a difference between opinions and

insults.

let it go, maybe? i already appologised for being offensive

Maybe an understanding of slander, libel, defamation would let you

see opinions are not sanctified and golden.

that would go for your opinion on this too then, and my opinion on your opinion and so on...

1 carrot for you, 10 for the horse :)

Do not under any circumstances have your vial mold in inventory when riding a horse. :)

Edited by GoodDay2Die

I used one on test server today....

Had no tele rings cuz I used em all so I did a diss and horseback ride away.....Needless to say the peeps chasing me were like wtf :D

Perfectly good use Aphi :)

I agree that would be a great use.

Also many great uses:

• Hunting Leonard
  • Finding Invasion Monsters
  • To GTFO
  • Summon a Zoo, and Charge in to the battle with them in tow?
  • And so on...

And besides this all reasons, there is another one:

It's just fun to have a ride from VOTD down to Lakeside back and forth.

Like it? Do it.

Don't like it? Don't do it.

Simple like hell. ;)

It would be great if you could range from them, or fight with only certain weapons

ie cavalry friendly.

Yeah, shoot and ride away before the monster gets you.

I understand not mixing or harvesting from them.

1 carrot for you, 10 for the horse :rolleyes:

Oh, even harvesting while mounted can be fun. X% chance to kill the horse with your pickaxe while you try to hack some quartz outside in NC :P

But it will be quite funny to explain how you can pull carrots out of the ground from the back of a horse. Must be giant carrots then :D

Piper

I saw a few horses today and they look great!

I hope they will not be too expensive from the NPC so they can be really useful

Great addition to the game and great work! :rolleyes:

Oh, even harvesting while mounted can be fun. X% chance to kill the horse with your pickaxe while you try to hack some quartz outside in NC ;)

lmao that woud make for a funny server death message :rolleyes:

Like most things new in the game you could say...why.

BUt I remember when mules were first introduced, a lot of whys were going about then.

I,m now level 8 shapeshifting ,expensive ? yes!

Great fun....you can say that again and the uses of Mules...work it out for yourself.

Horses? cant wait!!

GIVE IT A GO....YOU MIGHT LIKE IT LOL

The part that concerns me is this: Understanding it is a one time use, does this mean that when I am attacked, or need to dismount and 'get on with the game' for whatever the reason (all those reasons everyone just discussed that can't be done while riding) that means that's it? So in theory if you happened to use your whistle, mount up and go for a ride and 10 seconds later get attacked, you just lost your horse?

I don't know. I'm really starting to like this game, and it sure won't be a deal breaker for me, but I'm also used to other games where I have to spend a lot of time to earn a mount of whatever kind or what have you. However, once earned or purchased - it is yours unless in one instance you can lose it by ignoring its needs.

Is this just a temporary issue due to coding? Or is this intentional? If so, could we not have a more expensive say $15 or $20 whistle that lasted a lot longer perhaps - i.e. one that you could use several times without taking up several inventory spots with multiple whistles? Maybe have it time limited rather than uses as a perk, like the current amount gets you a horse once, so much more will get you a whistle with unlimited calls for 30 days or something.

Heck most other games of this type we all know of have monthly fees - and some of them that's just for starters, so I'm certainly not going to gripe about spending a little money on some nice things. I think this is a great thing going, especially since it has native linux code going for it (avid Ubuntu user here) and it works really really well overall for 'beta'. I just think that if I *am* going to spend money on something - I would like it to last a little while you know?

Just my two cents.

Take care all,

Gerrick

- he who wears shin-guards cries less

Another great use for horses is finding / getting faster to Annatira in her contests! Just imagine to loose a prize because some one rode to the place she is hiding instead of walking like you. Tough this is just a consequence of getting faster to some where :rolleyes:

Can I trade while on the horse? or using NPC/stor?

NPC / Storage? Yes. Not sure about trading with other players

i stocked up on wistles on the test server when people didnt give a crap about testing them and were giving them out.. and i used every one of them just running around on my horse.. it just looks cool.

plus.. i think i would rather use my horse to haul junk to sto faster than i would to lvl a mule.. but then again.. depending on the price once they go in game.. i may change that opinion..

still. i like them for the cool lookin ride..

ohh and i hope their discription hasnt been changed..

"They see me rollin. They be hatin" LMAO

Had a lot of fun horse racing on the server yesterday, i am very impressed and this is one of the best updates i have seen in EL. All i hope is that the whistles will be fairly low in price so that they become used in game for traveling by most people. I hope its not going to be the type of thing only the odd pr0 can afford, would be a waste of all that work just for the odd show off (like me):confused:

well done to everyone who made this possible its awesome !

Guest Trojan_Knight

I have a question regarding your original post on this thread Ent.. Those 2 img's you provided. You stated that more horses may come about in the future. My question is, those 7 horses. That are in the images you provided, are available right now correct? Or did you mean "only certain" horses of those shown are available at this moment?

edit: Ah nevermind. I checked out the Cel's site.. I found the info i was looking for :D I'm sure you'll update us about when the others are also available :P

~~> me <~~ ;)

Edited by Trojan_Knight

I just have to ask - what happens if you use a mule glyph whilst on horseback....

Edited by Raz

I just have to ask - what happens if you use a mule glyph whilst on horseback....

If you are a male the horse gets infertile small mules.

hopefully that means you can still mule but at a faster rate :pickaxe:

PS: Cycloonx smells

try it out and take a screenie :pickaxe:

In other news, dung-harvesting becomes even MORE necessary - how many players are gonna start stepping in "road apples" now?

Here's a new one for PK-guilds: "Ur h0rze dropped and I stepped in it! I PK j00!!!!1111oneoneone"

Seems like this is a good show addition, some usefulness. I'm gonna refrain comment till I can actually use one to see for myself.

EDIT: tense change.

Edited by Arnieman

Since every one seemd to miss my post:

But you can only use out side storage's to haul stuff to a shop then when you go into the shop to sell the stuff, you lose the horse, $5 gone. Hardly seems economical.

Small cash making hint that only uses outside storage and stuff:

Make yourself rich with the wine quest.

All it takes is a little stake money.