Eternal Lands Official Forums
boognish

session counter for manu in 1.8.0

This is a strange one, I can't figure it out.

under counters/manufacture it says i made 998 leather helmets and 998 items total, but under the session experience gain it says 50000 points for manufacture. (i get 50 for each helmet)

This is with the latest 1.8.0 linux binary from Quesar.

I have screen capture pictures, i can supply if necessary.

I have experienced the same error using the Windows client.

The error happens quite often, and I have seen it in alchemy and potions (the only skills I have kept track of ingredients and ing. losses) In all cases it has been the counters and not the session xp the that was off.

Have not been able/lucky enough to find the circumstances where the this happens, but will try to watch out for it, and post an update if and when I find the triggering circumstances.

This is quit weird. The only explanation I can imagine is that some messages from the server are being lost. The EXP is sent as a separate message from the "You have made 1 ..." type message that is used by the counters. However, I'm not sure that is really a possibility. Were there any connection hick-ups while you were mixing?

As far as I know, I did not have any network issues while mixing, but I'll look out for that.

Did a few batches of srs today. The total for this session is 801 srs on counter and xp from 805. From the latest batches tonight, one is missing from counters, and I broke one Mortar and Pestle. That made me check and yes I broke 4 M&P total on this session, same as the missing srs on the counter.

Could this be related or is it just a coincidence?

Does the tool breakage cause the counter not to be updated for the mix? (if so, how do we account for the missing mixes on alchemy counter?)

Does the tool breakage cause the counter not to be updated for the mix? (if so, how do we account for the missing mixes on alchemy counter?)

Very interesting, that does sound like there might me some connection... teehee, did you happen to loose some medallion molds when your counters were wrong? I'll check what the code does but it is possible the server does not send the "You made ..." message when it sends the "Your xxx broke...." message. Do you actually still make an item when a tool breaks?

Do you actually still make an item when a tool breaks?

Yes, in all cases except one, where it was the last m&p in my inventory, mixing was not interrupted by the breakage so I just kept on mixing.

P.s. Did another 315 srs just now, no missing count and no broken m&p.

Did a few batches of srs today. The total for this session is 801 srs on counter and xp from 805. From the latest batches tonight, one is missing from counters, and I broke one Mortar and Pestle. That made me check and yes I broke 4 M&P total on this session, same as the missing srs on the counter.

I mix quite a bit using necessary tools in more than one skill, and I can confirm that gap between real number of items mixed per session and those shown in counter is always identical to number of broken tools, be it M&Ps, chisels, ring/medallion molds, needles, hammers, vial molds etc.

I've been aware of this issue for pretty long time, yet I failed to report it as somebody suggested it's a commonly known thing. Guess they were wrong :P

Edited by Dreyan

OK, I've found the problem and now just need to work on a fix. The problem is that the break message comes after the the "You successfully created...." message but before the EXP increment. The break message overwrites the information about what you just made. I'll fix it now....