Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_runner

Regeneration Spell

Regeneration Spell

Regain material points over time

Possible formula:

((Reasoning/4) + (magic level /10)) with astro effect calculation here = X

After casting: X material health gain per game minute.

Sigils: Restore, Health & Magic

Reagents: Enriched Health Essence. (obviously this would need to be created as well.)

Required magic level: 60

Restore is faster, cheaper, more efficient and less demanding. If you need to regenerate health, wear a cape or go to some fast healing spot, scattered in EL.

I think it is a good idea. If the spell would work like poison.

Heal (with mag level 60 , 34 rationality) ~20 to start with. Decreasing by one every 30 seconds (every time health is given).

average hp healed=10

total duration=20*3*10sec=10 minutes

total hp healed=10*20*3=600

Or perhaps heal more but decrease by one every 10 seconds, so you heal the same amount but in a shorter time.

With like 25 mana points used per spell (and one EHE) I think it could be very helpful in invasions/pk/high level mob killing) Just cast it right before you get into combat. Like MI/Shield.

Better idea altogether:

Infuse Heal.

4 health essence 2 matter essence.

Sigils- Global/Restore/Life

restore ur buddy :devlish:

I think a regeneration spell has been suggested before but any suggestion to introduce an EHE (no matter how a thread is disguised) will be rejected.

Regeneration HAS got some place in EL though. I'd like to have MoL regen regen +1 and SoP regen +1 (and +1 mana) per minute.

A spell can be something like:

Sigils: Temporary, Magic, Healing, Spirit

Reangents: 1 Magic ess, 1 Health ess, 1 Spirit ess.

Lvl req: 45

Mana: 20

Base exp: 150

Graphic effects: a greeny-blue swirling colour

Potency and duration: Exactly the same as poison, except its only castable on yourself and it heals not poisons.

Edited by MagpieLee

I think a regeneration spell has been suggested before but any suggestion to introduce an EHE (no matter how a thread is disguised) will be rejected.

Regeneration HAS got some place in EL though. I'd like to have MoL regen regen +1 and SoP regen +1 (and +1 mana) per minute.

A spell can be something like:

Sigils: Temporary, Magic, Healing, Spirit

Reangents: 1 Magic ess, 1 Health ess, 1 Spirit ess.

Lvl req: 45

Mana: 20

Base exp: 150

Graphic effects: a greeny-blue swirling colour

Potency and duration: Exactly the same as poison, except its only castable on yourself and it heals not poisons.

I wasn't trying to disguise bring in an Enriched Health Essence. But as you brought it up, why not have one?

There is one for: Fire, water, life, death and magic.

There isn't one for: Air, spirit, matter, energy or health.

So I guess you can argue both ways. But isn't the underlying reason that they never thought up items that would need those enriched essences?

Better idea altogether:

Infuse Heal.

4 health essence 2 matter essence.

Sigils- Global/Restore/Life

restore ur buddy :o

Gee, I wonder where that idea came from. ;)

Did you ever play Guild Wars, Exeus?

-Gohan

It's still a good idea :D

IMO Global heal is like worthless :S

I think it only makes sense to be able to regen mana faster than the current rate of 1/min, w/o a cape. Let's take a loot at practically every other RPG out there.. you can be completely drained, and be ready for combat in around 15 min (at the most) w/o outside assistance. With a mana pool of 136 it takes over 2 hours.. That's ridiculous. A spell, or attribute should be implemented which allows for slightly faster regen, as I shouldn't have to wander halfway across the world just to regenerate my mana..

Health on the other hand I can see.. You get your arm cut off, and it doesn't just grow back. Leave the healing the way it is, but Mana needs to be tweaked..

I think it only makes sense to be able to regen mana faster than the current rate of 1/min, w/o a cape. Let's take a loot at practically every other RPG out there.. you can be completely drained, and be ready for combat in around 15 min (at the most) w/o outside assistance. With a mana pool of 136 it takes over 2 hours.. That's ridiculous. A spell, or attribute should be implemented which allows for slightly faster regen, as I shouldn't have to wander halfway across the world just to regenerate my mana..

Health on the other hand I can see.. You get your arm cut off, and it doesn't just grow back. Leave the healing the way it is, but Mana needs to be tweaked..

Such a thing has been implemented, fast regeneration perk :rolleyes: