Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_runner

Some more negative perks

As there are more positive perks than negative ones. I thought I'd try and come up with some more.

Strip miner

Player has more chance of mother nature getting angry at them, plus five times more damage per angry strike.

Gives 3 pick points.

(Maybe a gc costs as well.)

Hard man

The player taking this perk, can be attacked by any player on any map.

Give 5 pick points.

(1) MN gets angry more often, *5 damage.

Means in-game: Most likely rarely harv again, then with a CoL and load of HEs at all times. Assuming includes all painful harv events like radon, which would cause 150 damage per hit like this.

Good for: People who buy the majority of ings instead of harv? No regular harver would take this.

Gain: 3 pps to make harving impossible on bad astro days permanently. When seen that way, 3 lousy pp's aren't worth it. (This is the ICD/Gele bones of harvesting combined and worse. Look at the points gotten for those)

(2) Permanently pk-able

Means in-game: You'll never manu, harv, or anything else for that matter again because bored kids will be attacking you on sight just because they can. You're essentially on the pk-server except without the ability to attack others, just the other way around. And people will. Spend the rest of your days in the UW, no means of earning gc to regain equipment lost/damaged/destroyed on your first day of the perk.

Good for: noone. Guaranteed game killer. Forced reset.

Gain: 5pps that won't make a difference. (Anti gives 10, this kills your game completely for 5?)

Edited by GoodDay2Die

I don't think we need more negative perks in game right now. Instead, I'd rather see more positive ones or tweaking existing positive so taking them makes more sense.

(1) MN gets angry more often, *5 damage.

Means in-game: Most likely rarely harv again, then with a CoL and load of HEs at all times. Assuming includes all painful harv events like radon, which would cause 150 damage per hit like this.

Good for: People who buy the majority of ings instead of harv? No regular harver would take this.

Gain: 3 pps to make harving impossible on bad astro days permanently. When seen that way, 3 lousy pp's aren't worth it. (This is the ICD/Gele bones of harvesting combined and worse. Look at the points gotten for those)

(2) Permanently pk-able

Means in-game: You'll never manu, harv, or anything else for that matter again because bored kids will be attacking you on sight just because they can. You're essentially on the pk-server except without the ability to attack others, just the other way around. And people will. Spend the rest of your days in the UW, no means of earning gc to regain equipment lost/damaged/destroyed on your first day of the perk.

Good for: noone. Guaranteed game killer. Forced reset.

Gain: 5pps that won't make a difference. (Anti gives 10, this kills your game completely for 5?)

1) Its definately a fighter perk :) I think 3 pps gain is too low though, maybe 4. I doubt this will be ingame though imo. Unless you want to keep it at 3pp and have ALL negative affects multiplied by 3 and not 5. This way, max damage from MN is 60hp, radon is 90hp and cave wall is whatever is the max *3. Same with bee's too.

2) This could work tbh. If

i) - you aren't able to get killed in storages or town boundries/castles/cities. (i.e. inside city walls). IP and underworld obviously too.

ii) - you can only be attacked at night.

iii) - Yeah 5 pp is too low, maybe something like 8.

Now if you consider your normal playing game, its very unlikely that players would go around check-attacking people randomly in the game. And if you do, the PK checks must be at the end of all other checks to ensure that players aren't able to see those with the perk. A positive check on a player with the perk on a safe section of the map will be "Not here! (this player can't be attacked here). This is different from "Not here! (can't attack players in non combat maps). Then you can get one thats postive check in the day time "You can't attack this player yet, you must wait until night time".

With regards of these tweaks above to the two negative perks, it can actually work in the game...but I'm doubtful any of them will be put into the game.

I don't think we need more negative perks in game right now. Instead, I'd rather see more positive ones or tweaking existing positive so taking them makes more sense.

I agree here, a lot of postive perks need extreme tweaking. I'm curious as to how many people have any positive perks.

stop trying getting free pp's, and train your butt hard, instead :)

-Kaddy

meh

Edited by MagpieLee

I don't have any positive perks, so i agree with that they might need tweaking.

For record I am not after free pick points, just thought i try too add some more negative perks. To balance the amounts available.

The harvest one, yeah maybe five times damage is too much. Just trying the concept, the details can be worked out.

The PK one, gilhad123 has it spot on. Unless your going to randomly click people too see if they have this perk. Then you might not know that they have it.

The player that takes this perk know it, so might stick to remote areas. There are remote areas that have storage, so they limit themselves too contact to many players.

The PK one, gilhad123 has it spot on. Unless your going to randomly click people too see if they have this perk. Then you might not know that they have it.

Once you're targeted, though, you're perfectly screwed.

gilhad said that? :)

gilhad said that? :)

Yes, he did. It was the post your read and quoted shortly before it vaporised :P

The strip miner perk is nice, but for now I want to add some positive perks too, I didn't add any in a while (and those I added were archery related only).