Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Burfoot

a nice clock

From a political bystander's perspective, I believe Obama will perform considerably better in the Office than Bush has. I've been vaguely keeping tabs on his views on the American economy and from what I've seen from his speeches it seems he's adamant the ensuing decline is tolerable.

Agreed with Entropy.

Also, for all the "change" he promised - has anyone noticed that the majority of the people he has in his cabinet are mostly crusty Washington insiders? Yes, I am including the prominent Senator from New York he chose... sure looks like what in his policy isn't just "4 more years" of political garbage, is a neo-Marxist agenda...

Taking bets on how much USA is left in four years, provided he gets what he wants.

different man, same agenda -- B.O isn't a saviour of all ills

still going to bomb afghans , still going to bomb pakistan , still going to keep Patriot Act , still going to be found to be a total lying sack of shit in 4 years time , still going to pretend Bush didnt authorise illegal torture methods under international law ( japanese military generals were hung by the neck after WW2 for waterboarding P.O.Ws , nothing much has changed regarding the use of waterboarding in international law other than the world ignoring Bush authorising it)

still going to go ahead and build F.E.M.A detention camps on your own soil for your own citizens LINK : http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-legislatio...amps-in-us.html

still going to keep the level of BS up at the airport security even though the only terrorists caught by doing so are Moms who spank thier Kids on the Plane LINK : http://www.prisonplanet.com/alex-jones-mot...child-part.html

still going to give the same Banks that screwed your economy more of your money

still going to alloy your police to carry non lethal tasers that kill people

still going to look at the world as Americas playground

still going to kiss Israel's ass and send them ''aid'' which includes Apache Helicopters , White Phospherous Shells , Flechette Bombs ( nasty things )

still going to pretend Al Qaida is the worlds worst problem ( where the fuck is Osama btw ? )

still going to lie and pretend invading Iraq was about bringing down a tyrant ( which AGAIN is illegal under international law , you cannot invade a country for the purpose of reigime change, it is not legal , but thats not stopped the war on ''terror'' much -- see pakistan )

Last but not least he is STILL going to go on and on about global warming / climate change , and how the best way to deal with that is tax you all some more before the seas boil and we all die due to there being no food on the planet

If you ask me, the terrorists are the ones who daily take away your freedoms in your own country , by making ever more draconian laws that by pass your own constitution ( NSA wire tapping , extroadinary rendition of your own citizens , using military to police your streets )

change? lol try again

* disclaimer * this is NOT intended as a cheap shot at America , I love all humans regardless of thier nationality ( apart from tirun ) , and each individual is NOT TO BLAME for the actions of thier government, and just as easily I could write all this about an English Prime Minister, because the same shit is happening in both countries, its utter madness

*edit* im finding some links to back a few things up ive mentioned, will edit and post them for you

Edited by Ateh

still going to go ahead and build F.E.M.A detention camps on your own soil for your own citizens LINK : http://www.prisonplanet.com/new-legislatio...amps-in-us.html

Did you even read the article? Some red flags that this is bullshit:

Ominously, the bill also states that the camps can be used to “meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security,” an open ended mandate which many fear could mean the forced detention of American citizens...

Many credible forecasters have predicted riots and rebellions in America that will dwarf those already witnessed in countries like Iceland and Greece.

Nowhere in the actual legislation is there a mention of forced civilian internment.

still going to alloy your police to carry non lethal tasers that kill people

you're right. No more tasers. If someone resists, cops should just shoot them, right?

still going to kiss Israel's ass and send them ''aid'' which includes Apache Helicopters , White Phospherous Shells , Flechette Bombs ( nasty things )

<snip>

still going to bomb afghans , still going to bomb pakistan

So you'd rather see Hamas and the PLO in charge of Israel, the Mujahideen/Taliban in Afghanistan, and Al-Qaeda taking refuge in Pakistan?

I'm not an Obama maniac by any measure, but some of this stuff is ridiculous

Edited by Shujral

EPIC POST ALERT

about the FEMA camps , can you remember the run ups to the election where in one state the police created huge indoor cells for political dissidents , sorry , protestors ? I remember reading about them ( sure you cant believe everything you read but these things were there and used ) so yeh, I can believe the FEMA camps could indeed be used to forcibly detain american citizens, its allready happened in the run up to the elections.

Tasers : admit it shuj, they are not used as a last resort to shooting someone with a conventional fire arm, they are used as a means of whats called pain compliance, which is a hell of alot different to self defense on behalf of a police officer , youtube the phrase DONT TASE ME BRO and tell me that was necessary

Funny you should mention the Taliban and Al-Qaeda as BOTH these organisations were funded into being by western governments , the Taliban especially were TRAINED and FUNDED by american interests to fight the Russian Army out of Afghanistan. I'm starting to feel like a history teacher you never met in school. All this information is out there for you should you want to look for it, try and spend an afternoon on it see where it takes you.

The meaning of the words Al Qaeda are The Cell , which was what they were called by the C.I.A when ''the cell'' was working with them. You really can't make this up my friend, its all out there to find information on. Please though , DONT USE WIKIPEDIA its probably the most useless search tool to use if you want to look at alternative viewpoints to the ones you will find on the TV or mainstream media. You might as well watch FOX news for your info as wikipedia has a dedicated team of people who vote on srcubbing any information they dont like, which is information that goes against the norm.

And lastly , tell me why it would be such a bad thing to let the Palestinians live freely in thier own land ? Why do you think they are firing crappy rockets into Israel ? For fun ? To start a war they can finish ? Or as a last resort of a people who for over 60 years have had thier land stolen systematically ?

How was Isreal created ? Brief history again : search for information about something called The Balfour Declaration. It was a letter which promised that England would give parts of Palestine to some Zionist ( not Jewish , very different ) people after the end of WW1 providing that Lord Rothschild used his influence to gain favors for England. Palestine wasn't even Englands to give away ffs, and if you dare to find out exactly how Israel began to expand inside Palestine its a pretty shocking story.

So no, I dont think its a good idea to be bombing Pakistan or Afghanistan simply because The Cell might be there , its civilians that end up dying in these bombing raids time and time again. In fact its strange that anyone believes war solves anything. How many more ''terrorists'' is this War on Terror creating ? How many more young men are willing to fight against the western values when they see thier family, thier home land blown to pieces?

Example: Hypothetically, the USA is not the worlds super power , it is Britain , and Britain is putting ever more restrictive laws on the people , brutally surpressing dissent, killing the civilian population over and over again. What would the people of the USA do ? Oh thats right, its not hypothetical its called the American War of Independance , in which the American people were the ''insurgents'' fighting to free thier own country from the grasp of a foreign power.

Someone once said something along the lines of '' those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it '' but its much easier to blindly listen to the propoganda and be a good patriot , willing to see ordinary people like you and me die in the name of bringing peace to a country that we shoudn't be trying to control in the first place

this word is not the back and white truth we think it is, you cannot accept things on face value , there is ALLWAYS another side of the story

i might as well write a freakin blog

Bend over and grab your ankles........enter Burkok Oblama.

Of course I would have said the same thing if Khan McSlain was elected.

Wake up America and realise there is no difference between the Republicrats and the Demopublicans. The USA has been going into the toilet ever since it has become acceptable to vote for career politicians. Stop being sheople. Stop believing and voting for career politicians. The US had a government that was of the people and for the people ;now its of the politically connected and for the obscenely wealthy. The US government needs to clean up its act ,take care of its people ,stop sticking its nose in every countries business and stop trying to spread democracy since there is very little left in the USA.

before people start questioning my patriotism, let me direct your attention to a tune that ought to be the USA's new national anthem: America Kicks Ass by King Missile

EPIC POST ALERT

about the FEMA camps , can you remember the run ups to the election where in one state the police created huge indoor cells for political dissidents , sorry , protestors ? I remember reading about them ( sure you cant believe everything you read but these things were there and used ) so yeh, I can believe the FEMA camps could indeed be used to forcibly detain american citizens, its allready happened in the run up to the elections.

o0

Tasers : admit it shuj, they are not used as a last resort to shooting someone with a conventional fire arm, they are used as a means of whats called pain compliance, which is a hell of alot different to self defense on behalf of a police officer , youtube the phrase DONT TASE ME BRO and tell me that was necessary

Yes, its pain compliance, but I guarantee it decreases the amount of times lethal force is needed. Also, police brutality has been an issue since long before the invention of the taser, its hardley a "taser-based" issue.

Funny you should mention the Taliban and Al-Qaeda as BOTH these organisations were funded into being by western governments , the Taliban especially were TRAINED and FUNDED by american interests to fight the Russian Army out of Afghanistan. I'm starting to feel like a history teacher you never met in school. All this information is out there for you should you want to look for it, try and spend an afternoon on it see where it takes you.

I'm quite aware that the US helped the mujahideen during the Soviet control of Afghanistan. In fact, I brought it up a few days ago in channel 6. :)

[20:08:04] [Shujral @ 6]: ofc tirun
[20:08:11] [Shujral @ 6]: WE put the taliban in afghanistan
[20:08:25] [Shujral @ 6]: cause we were so eager to kick the soviets out :)

The meaning of the words Al Qaeda are The Cell , which was what they were called by the C.I.A when ''the cell'' was working with them. You really can't make this up my friend, its all out there to find information on. Please though , DONT USE WIKIPEDIA its probably the most useless search tool to use if you want to look at alternative viewpoints to the ones you will find on the TV or mainstream media. You might as well watch FOX news for your info as wikipedia has a dedicated team of people who vote on srcubbing any information they dont like, which is information that goes against the norm.

Not interested in wikipedia conspiracy theories or rants against the "mainstream media."

And lastly , tell me why it would be such a bad thing to let the Palestinians live freely in thier own land ? Why do you think they are firing crappy rockets into Israel ? For fun ? To start a war they can finish ? Or as a last resort of a people who for over 60 years have had thier land stolen systematically ?

:confused:

How was Isreal created ? Brief history again : search for information about something called The Balfour Declaration. It was a letter which promised that England would give parts of Palestine to some Zionist ( not Jewish , very different ) people after the end of WW1 providing that Lord Rothschild used his influence to gain favors for England. Palestine wasn't even Englands to give away ffs, and if you dare to find out exactly how Israel began to expand inside Palestine its a pretty shocking story.

Actually, parts of palestine were given to the Jews by the UN, not by England. England, in fact, abstained in the UN vote.

Example: Hypothetically, the USA is not the worlds super power , it is Britain , and Britain is putting ever more restrictive laws on the people , brutally surpressing dissent, killing the civilian population over and over again. What would the people of the USA do ? Oh thats right, its not hypothetical its called the American War of Independance , in which the American people were the ''insurgents'' fighting to free thier own country from the grasp of a foreign power.

so you're comparing the British imperialism in America to the American occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq?

Someone once said something along the lines of '' those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it '' but its much easier to blindly listen to the propoganda and be a good patriot , willing to see ordinary people like you and me die in the name of bringing peace to a country that we shoudn't be trying to control in the first place

this word is not the back and white truth we think it is, you cannot accept things on face value , there is ALLWAYS another side of the story

o0

the U.N didnt even exist when the Balfour Decleration was sent to Rothschild , The League of Nations was the first attempt at a UN.

when it was promised to Zionists ( very different from jewish people ) , the UN didnt even exist, and besides in more recent times even the U.N means sweet fk all to Israel , who bombed U.N schools in Palestine.

And yeh, I was kinda comparing the War of Independance to current day situations, because now it is America who are the occupiers of other countrys trying to impose thier ideals , and the people in those countrys are called ''insurgents'' as if it a bad thing, as if anyone should have the audacity to stand up for themselves , when really all they are doing is exactly what the americans did in the War of Independance, fighting back..........

You dont have to believe wikipedia conspiricies to accept that Al-Qaeda was a product of C.I.A backing in the middle east, then again we dont have to agree on anything at all Shuj , my point is still that no matter what Obama hype says , the agenda remains the same

It wouldnt matter if republican / democrat was in power, there is an agenda that continues regardless of who the public face of the lies happens to be.