Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Talixim

Flee time decreased

Okay, before everyone starts whining about how this will make training a/d easier and how crafters will lose out on diss ring gc, just to let you know: I don't care. Positive comments and suggestions only, thanks.

I think the amount of time it takes to flee, which of course is random, should be decreased when training on monsters or animals. The main objective of fleeing is getting away as quickly as possible yes? I know of course this is to make everything more of a challenge, but I am really tired of seeing my console mode fill up with the phrase I hate more than anything: "You failed to flee." Anytime when I am attempting to flee and I get "stuck" in combat, I continue to give and receive damage. I want the most I can get from any monster that I attack which is probably the way most trainers think. It is really annoying that every 50 health or so that I take off from a fluffy, I have to sit and hold the Home key for who knows how long while I continue to lash out at my opponent, decreasing the amount of exp I get, and increasing the amount of time it all takes.

So with this in mind, I don't think difficulty or style of training wouldn't be changed that much. Only the time spent on training would possibly be lessened making room for other skill work as well.

Okay, before everyone starts whining about how this will make training a/d easier and how crafters will lose out on diss ring gc, just to let you know: I don't care. Positive comments and suggestions only, thanks.

Yes, because with such a pungent attitude it is really worthwhile to expect positive comments.

The main objective of fleeing is getting away as quickly as possible yes?

Yeah, it's a choice between clicking squares or using a disengagement ring if you wish to be quick.

I want the most I can get from any monster that I attack which is probably the way most trainers think.

Well, carry a disengagement ring.

So with this in mind, I don't think difficulty or style of training wouldn't be changed that much. Only the time spent on training would possibly be lessened making room for other skill work as well.

I think it just means some lazybones fighters would have to shorten the marginal work they do to flee, yes. Saying it could possibly make room for other skill work is complete crap, though. That's like saying thermal should give 200 damage/hit to lessen time in PK so more time for peaceful harvesting.

It's more effective to flee by clicking on the map. (According to someone from help channel this was said by Entropy himself.) Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's not more effective, it's still random. But you don't have to click Home key/mouse for a few minutes and then have a break cos you don't feel your fingers.

Asking someone who knows the best: is fleeing time dependant on how much weaker/stronger you are than the monster you're fighting against? I mean, if the monster is much stronger, it would be harder to flee than from a weaker monster.

I know of course this is to make everything more of a challenge, but I am really tired of seeing my console mode fill up with the phrase I hate more than anything: "You failed to flee."

I can make you a patch to not display it if you want. :)

I would be interested to see how you're able to flee a bear in RL. Want to try?

I know of course this is to make everything more of a challenge, but I am really tired of seeing my console mode fill up with the phrase I hate more than anything: "You failed to flee."

I can make you a patch to not display it if you want. :)

I would be interested to see how you're able to flee a bear in RL. Want to try?

If he does try the bear, get it on video. :)

On-topic: Flee times are fine as they are.

I am really tired of seeing my console mode fill up with the phrase I hate more than anything: "You failed to flee."

"#ignore You" while training. Note that this quick-fix would also ignore other server messages, e.g. "You stopped harvesting"

I am really tired of seeing my console mode fill up with the phrase I hate more than anything: "You failed to flee."

"#ignore You" while training. Note that this quick-fix would also ignore other server messages, e.g. "You stopped harvesting"

nice command im tired of listening to myself \o/

There is a tricck to fleeing, you idiots think its completey random. Fleeing the wrong and right way could mean a difference of nearly 60k exp a hour.

Learn how to train the right way nuubs