Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raz

Whilst Harvesting you found an unusual piece of rock...

I have no idea where this came from - but it could add a fun element...

Randomly whilst harvesting you find a lump of unusual rock. This in itself would have no special use - but could be traded.

There is then a method for a skilled player to identify the stone - and once identified it becomes for example 'a lump of rock containing a serpent stone'.

Of course not every piece of rock would contain a stone - some could contain nothing and crumble to dust.

Once identified another skilled player can 'extract' the stone to reveal the final 'stone', of course like any mix, this again can fail.

I have not bothered to even think about which skill is required for each part, nor what items are required for the mix.

Thoughts?

Sounds really cool - I'd tweak it just slightly. A chance of finding unusual rock would be the same for everyone. Then you should decide what to do with such rock:

- processed by alcher it would have a bigger chance to contain enrichment stone

- proceessed by manuer it would have a bigger chance to contain binding stone

- processed by crafter - it have a bigger chance to contain 10 pieces of rare ore for instance

Just bigger chance, not reliability. It could contain nexus removal as well as nothing useful at all, but the chances for a particular stone could be statistically better depending who will process it. Maybe also a chance of getting something really good could be skill level dependant.

Edit: Determination of who is processing the stone could be done by the tool used with the rock (hammer for manuer, hammer and chisel for crafter, mortar and pestle for alcher etc.)

Edited by Cruella

Great idea, really! And I like Cruella's tweak.

I think it would be nice for that rock to have quite high chance of finding (1/500-1/1000 for example?) but not too high chance of actually getting something valuable out of it (to give harvesters some fun but not to make rare stones overflood).

Those stones can contain rare stones - bindings, serps, enrichments, rostos, wolfram/hydro ores, but some of the less valuable things as well - any kind of crystal or ore, silver/gold rings, coal - or they can become just a piece of useless rock.

@Zami :laugh: gimme!

Edited by Lotheneil

I would prefer a random extraction not skill level based. Old players already have a lot of privileges.... with the changes to the map this gap will grow again, like the no silver on trassian.. that surely had been useful to old players who could mix health essence in the cave, or make loads of silver in short time, and new ones will find harder/longer to get silver ore, and this is just an example. I could also talk about the old Feasting potions that gives back an empty vial, and so on. So focus on high level player is not good as the gap will grow again. So if these stone are found anybody with any skill level should be able to process it, and a random function combined with luck that gives a 10% chance to extract something from the stone.

I would prefer a random extraction not skill level based. Old players already have a lot of privileges.... with the changes to the map this gap will grow again, like the no silver on trassian.. that surely had been useful to old players who could mix health essence in the cave, or make loads of silver in short time, and new ones will find harder/longer to get silver ore, and this is just an example.

go exploring, or ask ppl...this was not a privilege of old players but of the ones willing to take the risk, or just went out exploring and not waiting to get every little piece of information handed to them on silver platter...

I could also talk about the old Feasting potions that gives back an empty vial, and so on. So focus on high level player is not good as the gap will grow again. So if these stone are found anybody with any skill level should be able to process it, and a random function combined with luck that gives a 10% chance to extract something from the stone.

Getting empty vials from potions other than minor healing/mana potion has been removed from the game more than 2 years ago, so i doubt many of old players still have empty vials that they got from feast potions. lol I wonder how you missed all of us that started playing before cooldown?

But, back on topic, I remember something like this was suggested before, that you get "unknown rock" from harvesting events, and than some npc would identify it for you - but I have no idea what happened with that tbh.

EDIT: link to past suggestion: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25516

Edited by skodarap

Hey I like this idea.

Even though I prefer the original suggestion linked by skod (yes I remember this one too :lurker: ) this idea is till pretty decent.

Not that there's anything bad with Cruella's twist but the original suggestion was almost perfect. Pity it wasn't taken up tbh.

Original suggestion is nice, the only thing is that I prefer to interact with other players rather than with NPC. Moreover, rock identification/processing would get players some exp which is not the case when NPC does that for them. NPC could also be turned into another gc sink where rock inspection costs a lot but chances for a good stone are minimal :)

Original suggestion is nice, the only thing is that I prefer to interact with other players rather than with NPC. Moreover, rock identification/processing would get players some exp which is not the case when NPC does that for them. NPC could also be turned into another gc sink where rock inspection costs a lot but chances for a good stone are minimal :)

Define good stone, please...I guess I'm an idiot.

Define good stone, please...I guess I'm an idiot.

It is defined in the original suggestion :

Of course not every piece of rock would contain a stone - some could contain nothing and crumble to dust.

one that crumbles to dust = no good

one that contains something valuable (like a stone) = good

oh, i thought you were talking about Earls suggestion, because according to him, you would get stone every time ;P

I like this idea too, it adds some surprice to what you will get, will it be a Rosto or maby a serp stone or is it just some dirt pressed together and falls appart when you are researching the "rock" and it should definantly be a risk of getting nothing at all.

As for the "getting the stone out of the rock" part either a new skill or an existing skill would work, a new skill and everyone would be on the same lvl an already existing skill would give old players a headstart, either way it should only be one skill you need to use to extract the stone or turn the rock into grumble... :icon13: