Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

OSX update

This isn't really a problem with the image or anything but I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the privileges on the dmg file. I'm not too good with macs and have this problem every time there is a new client. It always says I have read/write access to the .dmg but wont let me write any files to the application package like custom bmp's etc. If I try to change the permissions in the gui they are greyed out.

In the past I've always had to create a new dmg file and copy the contents of the image into it and then write to the new image, is there a more straightforward way of doing this because it seems like quite a round-about way?

Thanks. :)

It sounds like you're running the game from exactly where/how it downloaded? (the little white square :)) If thats the case, then it won't let you alter the file inside, all you need to do is drag the 'EternalLands', and 'ChooseELServer' icons from there to your desktop (or any other location or folder you want to store them at) and it should allow you to overwrite files, such as maps.

Fedora provided this package, so I wish to thank him for that. If anyone has problems, please post them here.

Get it from here: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_osx_180a_snd.dmg

No love for me?

This isn't really a problem with the image or anything but I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the privileges on the dmg file. I'm not too good with macs and have this problem every time there is a new client. It always says I have read/write access to the .dmg but wont let me write any files to the application package like custom bmp's etc. If I try to change the permissions in the gui they are greyed out.
It sounds like you're running the game from exactly where/how it downloaded? (the little white square :laugh:) If thats the case, then it won't let you alter the file inside, all you need to do is drag the 'EternalLands', and 'ChooseELServer' icons from there to your desktop (or any other location or folder you want to store them at) and it should allow you to overwrite files, such as maps.

Enly is correct. The disk image (dmg), just like a hard drive, has a limited size which is determined when it is created. Essentially, it is full, and you cannot write anything to it. You need to copy the contents of the disk image to your hard drive if you want to modify the contents of the package.

Edited by 0ctane