Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Theladin

10kgc Treasure Hunt

This contest is a prelude to what I hope is a much bigger one if things work out well. Somewhere a hyperbag has been dropped containing 10,000 gold coins. A map was drawn showing the location of this treasure but while arguing over who would get to hold the map, we accidentally tore it into 4 pieces. I (Theladin), WolfWitch, Usl and Rauch each have a piece of this treasure map. If we're online and if you can find us, just ask and we'll show you our piece of the map. You must ask us in local chat or we won't answer you. Once you think you know where the treasure is hidden, grab some skeleton keys and start digging.

Whoever finds the treasure must immediately reply here saying that you've discovered the treasure. This way people won't waste skeleton keys on a prize that has already been found. That also means you should probably check this post before you start using any skeleton keys when you get to the location. Failure to post if you find the prize will result in being prevented in participating in the next, larger treasure hunt and possibly other future contests of mine.

As a clarification: You really have to ask us in local.

Asking where we are in PM, so that you can find us in local and ask for part of the map, is not good enough! :(

On the other hand, we are not hiding, just going around as usual (resources, storages, spawns, etc.).

Good luck!

As a clarification: You really have to ask us in local.

Asking where we are in PM, so that you can find us in local and ask for part of the map, is not good enough! :(

On the other hand, we are not hiding, just going around as usual (resources, storages, spawns, etc.).

Good luck!

Dang :hehe:

What happens if we just miss you in local?

If you miss us then you'll just have to hope you see us again later.

You can always get a couple friends and work together to get the map and split the prize if you're worried you won't be online enough to find everyone

Heh, wow, all 4 map pieces and almost 20 keys used, and still no luck. :)

Was very fun tracking you all down for the map fragments, and a great contest idea, thanks guys!

I do believe I give up now though... or I'll be broke in a few hours :D

Good luck to those that continue looking!

Edited by Enly

Congratz MagpieLee. This was definately a successful test :(

The next map, with 16 pieces, has already been created and the prize for the next treasure hunt will be at least 100kgc. Keep and eye out in the events forum in a couple days for the official announcement of the start of the next hunt!