Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

Time for Instances

Lets put our allies & enemys to one side, and complete the 80-100 Attack & Defense Instance as a group.

If your intrested in doing this, put your name down and we can sort something out.

Sign-up:

Liquid

Woodeh

ProHibited

?

?

?

?

No PK during this, just being a Server and working togeather to do it.

:)

#Edit - No Time & Date set yet, as we need a full team first. :P

Edited by Liquid

The idea came up today to create a special guild just for instances. We could schedule a day/time for the instance, then join the guild a day or so in advance (in case the GM can't be on that day), and then leave the guild right after. Obviously, GMs would have to hand over their 20 ranking to an alt, but otherwise I don't see any glitches.

Kaldoon, as a neutral character on the server, would make a great GM for the guild, but of course that's up to Bkc.

So, three questions:

1. Are there any old, no longer active guilds that we could resurect to save 30k gc and who wouldn't mind making Kaldoon a level 19 and a name change?

2. If not, could we all split the 30k gc price (no fair asking Bkc to pay since he'd be doing us a favor)?

3. Does this sound like a good solution?

Oh, and a fourth only slightly related question about splitting larger loot items:

4. Could they be sold and used to pay for GIWS?

Thoughts?

A guild to join in order to work together may be a great idea since we don't know of the instances are pk or not. And we can make use of #gm to talk. As for who is the GM, it doesn't matter to me. Someone can just use an alt.

I hope that sharing the drops will not give too much problems.

I'm not gonna sponsor the GIWS.

Edit: I know that ^v^ is up for a joint-ops to tackle the instances, how about the other guilds? If they don't want to cooperate there is nothing to talk about anyway...

Edited by ProHibited

I'm not gonna sponsor the GIWS.

This part I don't get. I know you go to the invasions when they are announced, so why not contribute to the announcement?

Edit: I know that ^v^ is up for a joint-ops to tackle the instances, how about the other guilds? If they don't want to cooperate there is nothing to talk about anyway...

We've worked together before in other competitions, and there were a lot of good invasions together, too. With the guild idea there's no fear of "misclicks" (particularly at the end). I just want to try it, and I think it could be fun as a server.

Edit: Plus, with the guild idea, anyone healing summons would heal ALL the summons, and we avoid that whole summons attack other players and summons thing.

Edited by sywren

I'm not going to talk about the same stuff that has been addressed in other threads.

I already acknowledged that the guild idea is a good idea, just need other guilds to post something so we know they want to cooperate or not.

The big issue before anyone agrees still is what happens to the spoils (if we manage to beat this thing)

ok Prohibited if you don't like the Gwis idea think of another solution that everyone would be happy with

(you want us to join together to do this but you don't want to help the server)

Until we have a way of resolving this I don't think others will agree to join forces

(what happens if someone jumps onto a decent bag then gets the hell out of there, is it even possible)

Yes nice, Let's try to get a team of 5+ together asap so we can at least check the mobs. Figure out some tactics, have fun etc.

Liquid said last night in game you already have 5 players in your guild that are high enough to do this I think he mentioned 7 actually so thats not an issue

Our allied guilds have also got 5 people that can do it

So both ways we can have ago and we can check out the mobs

But if you want to make the best team up and take the maximum amount of players in

we will still need to sort out things like what happens to the drops

(for anyone reading this that don't understand, the sort of drops you will get will end up be the rarest items on this server from what I am told so this is an important issue)

I am willing to join a team but only if these issues can be resolved

Handyman

Well I only see two real options here.

1- Share loot amongst everyone (unless you die in the very first wave without rost or something).

2- Only share loot with your allies.

Second option may work if we go in with a team consisting of two evenly matched groups. Like 4 ^v^ and 4 others. Then we don't have to trust any enemies to be honest about their loot etc.

Id go for sharing all loot with everyone, those who die very early on and didn't use up much recourses could get a smaller portion of the drops. Those that summon giants and spend loads of stuff in the instance can get a bigger portion. Just have to trust each other.

When someone is not telling that they got a red drag helm of life and mana, and the next day you see them walk around in one... Then just never go into an instance with that person again. I think that is a good enough punishment since we have a small player base. (so they cant enter the instance unless with their own guild, which is more difficult to arrange sometimes).

I just want to enter an instance ;p see how it works out, see how many players we really need etc.

Edit: We could also arrange for the rarest drops to be auctioned so at last everyone (with items/cash) has a shot at getting such an item. If the person wants the item himself thats too bad ;p

Edited by ProHibited

If we go in as a team then it will be equal share in the loot

There will be no other way, any form of discrimination wont be exceptable

a mule will be as important and the best fighter if we are a team

As we are bashing ideas around, another way is everyone who enters pays a stake

i.e. 100kgc enterance fee to kal or who ever will be gm of "inst"

and at the end all spoils will go to him

from this he will hand out the fair share of the loot to all

anyone breaking the team rules will loose 100kgc stake

just another idea :)

I don't agree, we should not share the drops, but rather share the profit. Meaning that everyone will come out a bit richer. So if you use giant stones I think you should get more loot.

Lets just go finish one, worry about the rest later :)

Edited by ProHibited

As I see it now.

The strongest team we can put out:

Liquid, Woodeh, Handy, Segor, Yaser, Proh, Rhian, Gambit.

Which is 8. So if those 8 people donate 3750 GC each, thats the Guild created. (I think bkc's alt should be GM, which has been said.) Meaning that we can all join the Guild, and not worry about the PK issue which we talked about.

Now when it comes to GC splitting.. It seems we will either need to sell the drops, and then split the GC at the end, or do something else, but I don't know what.

So far I don't like the way things are going around this post. I've considered trying to find some time to go in an instance, but not very soon, specially with my computer crashing on me every 5 minutes, need to understand what causes it and I don't have the time.

Only way I will go in with prohibited is if all come to the agreement that all drops will be auctioned on these forums and the loot equally shared.

Just because someone uses giant stones doesn't mean he should get more loot than anyone else. Even using summon stones one can do less damage than someone that doesn't if the a/d gap is big.

and afaik 80-100 a/d instance (that I still don't know if I can enter nor Handyman) biggest drop is a dragon blade. Dragon helm of life and mana is for the 110+ instance. And I don't believe the pk server players can go past level 100 a/d so it's out of the question unless Radu tweaks the drops on the PK server.

So far I don't like the way things are going around this post. I've considered trying to find some time to go in an instance, but not very soon, specially with my computer crashing on me every 5 minutes, need to understand what causes it and I don't have the time.

Only way I will go in with prohibited is if all come to the agreement that all drops will be auctioned on these forums and the loot equally shared.

Just because someone uses giant stones doesn't mean he should get more loot than anyone else. Even using summon stones one can do less damage than someone that doesn't if the a/d gap is big.

and afaik 80-100 a/d instance (that I still don't know if I can enter nor Handyman) biggest drop is a dragon blade. Dragon helm of life and mana is for the 110+ instance. And I don't believe the pk server players can go past level 100 a/d so it's out of the question unless Radu tweaks the drops on the PK server.

dragon helm of life and mana is for all instances.

We should stop talking on forums and just decide to go in when we find a group of strong players online at the same time. Sharing loot is really simple, we dont need to come to all kinds of arrangements. If someone doesnt share, a bunch of people will get very angry. Simple as that.

Simple: ^v^ has enough members to enter an instance, and other guilds can make a team as well.

Why not just go separately and avoid this bullshit? Put the loot on bot, sell it, and share it. And only after we start playing as grown ups and not crying "omg if handy comes i wont come i want the l00t myself etc etc", then we can think of teaming up for instances.

You can still test and see if the instances are PK or not on this server even if you enter with your guildies.

Simple: ^v^ has enough members to enter an instance, and other guilds can make a team as well.

Why not just go separately and avoid this bullshit? Put the loot on bot, sell it, and share it. And only after we start playing as grown ups and not crying "omg if handy comes i wont come i want the l00t myself etc etc", then we can think of teaming up for instances.

You can still test and see if the instances are PK or not on this server even if you enter with your guildies.

This was the point i was makin in game

If ^v^ members have enough players then use them and go

The allied guilds also have enough players so they can also do the same

This way the lack of trust issue wont exist

and you can both decide easyer on what you do with the drops

Prohbited you say you just want to go and see, then do it with your guild no problem there

But if we do want to go with the strongest team i think it will be a while before we all agree on how we are going to do it and what will happen with the drops and stuff like that

also there is a problem of us all being able to play at the same time

Handy

Edited by handyman

Interesting discussion, with some serious problems/issues to resolve. Anyway...

1. I'd be willing to help with this whatever form that takes. Kaldoon could join a different (neutral) guild that could be used for this as long as it doesn't interfere with the Kill-Kaldoon contests or create problems when I'm using him as a simple harvesting alt.

2. We should be able to find a "dead" guild that we could use (*co*, MASH, ???). Kaldoon wouldn't need to own (rank 20) the guild, just be a rank 18 or 19 so he could accept/boot people from it as needed. Anyone have an alt holding an old guild tag that we could use?

3. Limited good drops is a big issue for those who participate. There's several ways we could deal with that:

A. We could auction all the "good" stuff, then simply split the gc between those who participated.

B. We could simply have a random drawing of the participants to see who gets what.

C. We could have a special contest of some kind (limited to the participants) to see who gets what.

D. The participants could just keep doing the instance over and over (it IS suppose to be fun) until they've collected enough "good" stuff so that everyone gets one.

Most anything would work as long as we get agreement from everyone doing it.

Personally, I think the bigger problem will be getting through the instances at all. They're hard, they eat a lot of supplies, and potentially burn a lots of rost stones. Those thinking of doing one should talk to the folks on main and get as many pointers/hints that they can.

This is going to be hard. There is a possibility that ^v^ or the allied guilds could succeed separately, and eventually I imagine we're going to try it that way, but our best chance at getting this right the first time is together.

Both teams alone are looking at about four higher leveled players and one weaker, possibly potted player. Add to the disadvantage that we have of lesser armor/weapons. From the pics I'm looking at, most people are in full black dragon or titanium. I don't think either group can get a team of full titanium, let alone black dragon :) .

And as for "whoever spends the most should get the best loot," I don't agree. We're looking at potentially ruining some pretty good gear, some of which there is only one or two of on the entire server. That's just going to end up in huge arguments.

Honestly, I think we need the max (9?) in the best gear if we're going to succeed the first time. Following our first successful run, we can break up and try it individually.

150 hours is a long time to wait if we fail.

From the pics I'm looking at, most people are in full black dragon or titanium.
I agree. I think the teams on main are in some of the best armor, with great weapons, and probably at the high-end of the a/d range for the instance. I think it's going to be very hard for us on the PK server (with the armor and weapon limits we have) to succeed. I think it's worth trying at least for the fun of it.

When arranging a team is so much trouble, I also think it will take a long time before we will do an instance together with enemy guilds. I still think it will be worth it, to do it with as many different people as possible.

For some people written rules about how loot is shared are really important. So I suggest someone writes down like 5 points that explain what happens with the loot:

Here is my idea of how it could go:

1: Share GC drops.

2: See if anyone from the team would like to buy some of the 'normal-good' drops. Then split that money too.

3: Split high end items between the 2 participating teams (allied guilds and ^v^).

4: Sell those high end items and share the GC with all participants. Or when we get 2 high end items that are the same just let each (of the 2) groups figure out how to share themselves.

5: Now everything is shared it may be nice to arrange something for those who may have lost a lot during the instance. Not mandatory, just to show some good will :)

if, on the pk server, there's ^v^ on one side and everyone else on the other, you can pack and go.

show us what you can do instead of getting everyone to do the work so that you can say you finished the instance.

When arranging a team is so much trouble,...

3: Split high end items between the 2 participating teams (allied guilds and ^v^).

...just to show some good will :)

2 teams :hiya:

can't you see that this is why people haven't yet come to an agreement? whoever goes in has to be in THE team, only 1 or none at all.

4: Sell those high end items and share the GC with all participants. Or when we get 2 high end items that are the same just let each (of the 2) groups figure out how to share themselves.

Imagine, 2 bronze swords have dropped.

Would you not feel more comfortable having one of those 2 swords in the hands of one of your allies than to have both in the hands of an enemy?

As for alliances, from my point of view there are two groups of pkers. Our guild and the other pkers in the other guilds.

What do you mean by the 'work' that has to be done?

I don't think you talk about the 'work' that is needed to enter an instance but probably about the work needed to finish one. My skills are nothing compared to your superior a/d. But in my eyes all the extra help will come in handy since the instances are not meant to be easy... Weaker players are just as important simply because we are small in numbers on the PK-server. -->

You can never finish an instance without entering one in the first place.

Either I am too bad as a teacher or you are too dumb do understand what i'm trying to say.

this will probably be my last reply to this topic