Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Linux static bin needed for the update.

then there's nothing I can do about it anymore, people will need to install libpng3.

This may be a wild stab in the dark but the png images are loaded using IMG_Load_RW() from the libsdl-image library. On my Debian and Ubuntu systems I have libsdl-image1.2-dev with a dependency on libpng12-dev (not libpng3). It may be that on your system, libsdl-image is dependant on libpng3. As libSDL_image does not appear in your ldd output, I guess it is statically linked. How that might lead to a dynamical dependency on libpng3 I have no clue.

I downloaded 1.8 static and have no harvesting effects. I keep clicking the ore because it looked like I had stopped. This was working before in the rc versions. I haven't changed any graphics files only a newer kernel version. I run Ubuntu kde & gnome. I searched synaptic for libpng3 and got:

PNG library - runtime

libpng is a library implementing an interface for reading and writing

PNG (Portable Network Graphics) format files.

This package is superseded by libpng12-0, and is provided only for

transitional purposes.

Why would we need an older version?

Edited by popeye

then there's nothing I can do about it anymore, people will need to install libpng3.

This may be a wild stab in the dark but the png images are loaded using IMG_Load_RW() from the libsdl-image library. On my Debian and Ubuntu systems I have libsdl-image1.2-dev with a dependency on libpng12-dev (not libpng3). It may be that on your system, libsdl-image is dependant on libpng3. As libSDL_image does not appear in your ldd output, I guess it is statically linked. How that might lead to a dynamical dependency on libpng3 I have no clue.

dlopen maybe?

Because that's what SDL_image wants?

My question might not've been worded the best. Before 1.8.0 binary, I had no need for libpng3 to be installed and the game ran fine. I was wondering why does it need to be install now, when it didn't need to be install for the rc's to work. Thanks for your time.

Because that's what SDL_image wants?

My question might not've been worded the best. Before 1.8.0 binary, I had no need for libpng3 to be installed and the game ran fine. I was wondering why does it need to be install now, when it didn't need to be install for the rc's to work. Thanks for your time.

I run Ubuntu kde & gnome.

Were you using bluap's ubuntu packages in the past?

If yes, that's why you didn't need the old libpng3 installed.

If no, using them will remove the libpng3 dependency:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EternalLands