Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lothlorien*

Uh i think this is pretty kewl......moveable in tab mapmode

who thinks this is a good idea?  

1. 1. who thinks this is a good idea?

• yes
    • no

:D y haven't n e one thought of it!!??? its pretty kewl...i keep wondering to myself.....when im in tab mode....y cant i just click on where i want to go and my player eventually moves there....its pretty realistic..its just like someone looking at a map and moving at the same time if u think of it that way...ent..that sounds pretty kewl doesnt it? also, i dont think it would be that hard to set up..cuz u would just use the coord position to set it up easier.. n e way try it a lot of ppl would like it :idea:

...you may not be familiar with the programming problem called 'path finding'; in short, the algorithm for path finding for the feature you requested would suddenly boost cpu usage to 100% for a single user who wants to get from a corner of a map to the opposite one, and consequently the server would crash asap (for just one user !)

Runescape....I will take this one guys.

1. The servers that Jagex has are extremely large and very expandable, and if one server goes down they got 35 other ones so viola you get kicked out an a backup server comes on.

2. The design that Runescape is on is not as advanced as EL and therefore takes up that much less of there humongous server carrier.

3. The amount of land that the player can travel is about....25 steps max, and in EL thats maybe, I say, maybe about from the beam point to the tavern, which is about 3 clicks max if you studder walk.

4. So many people have suggested this before and been denied its gotten burried under in the vast expanses of the forums.

5. When Jagex first started most of the designing was done offline for a long time before it was put onto the web, and they slowly gathered players and soon people were paying to be a member for the promised members only items/quests.

So why is Runescape able to do it.....well they got lots and lots of money.

ya thats true...but i also dont kno y we couldnt do one of those minimap things then. im n ot sure i just draw and make models i dont really program.