Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trojan_Knight

A EL Dictionary of sorts?

Guest Trojan_Knight

After being a part of this game for, well lets just say at least a few minutes :o .. Over time, many things tend to change from time to time. Including terminology of words or abv's being used. At one point I can recall Titanium anything being called Tit etc now its abv'd to Ti etc.. The reason I'm stating this, is for the new player that decides to maybe want to have a better understanding of the EL lingo. And for those of us that have been around for at least a few minutes. To help each of us come under the same expression of terms for example.

So, what my suggestion details. Is this. Would it be possible, to have a EL Dictionary present either in game, or here on forums. That is created by the moderators, and players. That would help everyone if needed, better understand the lingo on EL? It could list things like abvs of complete words. To things like

Bag Jump (abv: BJ) - The act of taking a bag that does not belong to you.

> Bag Jumper: One who is known for bag jumping.

Sure, many of us know what many of these EL Lingo terms already are. But, also, some many more may not. Take myself for example. I'm still trying to catch up on some of the new lingo that has came about from 7/1/07.. But regardless, I think this may be more usefull to the "new" unexpierenced players.

Any and all comments or suggestions are welcome.

~~> me <~~ :D

Basically a Wiki page is what your talking about. There was one started somewhere but I think it stopped being updated after a while and never really reached its full potential.

Could be something very cool if it was maintained properly. It was at below address but not working for me anymore:

el-wiki.dragoncairn.net/

I agree it would be useful. When I first started, I though "BJ" meant something else.

I believe EL Wiki is offline while it is being moved.

Not sue if wiki is ideal for what is required, as when I hadn't heard of BJers, I hadn't heard of EL Wiki either.