Eternal Lands Official Forums
Airakose

Original monsters

I've been looking at some recent threads about new monster ideas, and they made me think... EL needs more original monsters! :D As simple as that... But I have ideas for some too ^^ I'll post the ideas as I come up with concept drawings... And I'm hoping others will contribute their original ideas ^^

Tendril Wolf- (If this has been created before, I've never seen it)

A stronger, more aggressive version of the wolves. It lashes out with the tendrils on it's sides, and rams foes with the spike between its shoulders. Each of its legs has a spike at the 'elbow', and its fur sticks straight like a porcupine's. Because it is so... spiky, it does damage to bare-handed opponents.

tendralWolfsm.jpg

Att/Def: TBD (To be determined), but obviously higher than a wolf's, yet lower than a chime's

What do you think? ^^

Reminds me somewhat of a Displacer Beast. That one is mainly a feline type though.

I like the idea that it would do damage when hit by someone that was bare handed due to the spikey fur. Perhaps that would give a 'fighting' use to leather gloves.

Sorry, my computer contracted a nasty worm...

Heh, I don't mean to argue, just saying... What I meant was, many of the creatures in EL are popular fantasy monsters or animals, which is great! ^^ But I think many of the best fantasy things (Games, stories, pictures, ect..) have mostly original concepts. :fire:

(Also, mind filling me in on original creatures in EL? The only one that comes to mind is a brownie atm ^^' But then, I am probably missing alot...)

Anyways, these are ideas ^^ I'm not saying they have to be put in! I'm just sharing my ideas, and hoping others are encouraged to do so too... At least this way you can watch for ideas YOU like, and inhance EL with more of the community's perspective in mind. :medieval:

Brownie isn't unique to EL, that's from popular folklore..

The Feran and Feros are both unique to EL.

Same with Lenny, the fluffy rabbit (I don't know any other game with one) and the chimeran wolvies,

there arent really all that many original creatures in the game. There are original designs for the creatures though.

original creatures imo are:

sslessar, phantom warrior, shy rat(?), feran, feros, and the chims (remind me of chimeras but still unique)

wouldnt call lenny unique because to me he's just a leopard with an attitude problem :P

so theres some but its always nice to have uniqueness

Oops, forgot about the Sslessar.

And I know Pip, I'm just saying I don't know other games that also have a fluffy rabbit :P

Phantom Warriors aren't really unique to EL.

Oops, forgot about the Sslessar.

And I know Pip, I'm just saying I don't know other games that also have a fluffy rabbit :)

Phantom Warriors aren't really unique to EL.

No, Just bad BBC movies with unique cult following...Dam it Janet!

What about the Cockatrice? I know it's a mythical beast, but has it been sighted in any other game than EL?

Runescape, Guild Wars maybe(saw an image but never played)

probably more, rather common monster. Alike like basilisk, wyvern.

What about the Cockatrice? I know it's a mythical beast, but has it been sighted in any other game than EL?

LOL .... maybe nobody remembers that game, but centuries ago, when games had wonderful ASCII graphics, there was a game called Nethack (which is still to be found on some servers for download)........ "You hear the cockatrice hissing"........."You died"

No idea if there are other games with cockatrice in, but I want a jabberwocky in EL (as a random strength/health and other attributes monster) just for invasions and maybe instances too.

That wolf thing looks like some Pokeman from that game 8 year old children play. Yep, pretty original.
Haha! I guess it kinda' does xD I used to play pokemon, but I've long out grown it :) And I had no intention of it looking like them. *shrug*

I'll suggest other things too, not just that... I just need to get around to drawing them.. Also I'm waiting for others to post their original ideas too ^^

Btw, if only 8 year old children play it, how are you so quick to relate things to it so accurately? :P

Many original ideas have been posted in the past.. there used to be a "Concept art for the game" forum where people posted original monster ideas.

No idea if there are other games with cockatrice in, but I want a jabberwocky in EL (as a random strength/health and other attributes monster) just for invasions and maybe instances too.

FF12

but it's a large fat chickenball :P

LOL .... maybe nobody remembers that game, but centuries ago, when games had wonderful ASCII graphics, there was a game called Nethack (which is still to be found on some servers for download)........ "You hear the cockatrice hissing"........."You died"

nethack <3