Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nintenduh

Group Teleportation/Ring Usage.

Well for this, grouping would be need to be added. I won't go there :)

I am an avid fan of crafting and magic. What I would really like is the ability to use those skills and be a taxi service (for GC of course) :)

I think this may be useful for group battles (like instanced maps) and such. Maybe meeting someone who has your fav book. :) Getting out of bad situations would be interesting as well... (as a group)

As I mentioned, I am a mage/crafter(among other things :) ). I rarely sell rings for GC. I would rather use them myself or give away to a desperate person.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass.. Any suggestions or comments about my idea?

so what you are saying is that you want to have a ability to have a more than 1 person telly with you.

So scenario:

Daiske12 and nintenduh are in instance and they are in desperate need to telly somewhere else to replenish mana and health. Nintenduh has the ability to have more than 1 person to telly so the rest of the people hold of the monster while nintenduh will cast telly to range so Daiske12 and nintenduh can get away. They replenish the mana and health and get back fighting.

Is this kind of what you want.

And i know i am a sucky story teller :)

Well sort of. Say Daiske12 needed to go somewhere quick and didn't have a ring or ess for the TP spell. If'n we were in a "group", I could cast a tele spell or use a ring. I could decline transport and Daiske12 would accept. :)

Edit: For the trouble. Daiske12 would give me a few hundred GC :)

I'm not sure how it would work out in battle though. It would have to be able to dis combat if the accepted?

Edited by Nintenduh

Ummmm.....don't worry about group selection and asking permission.

A. Create a teleporter pad with a lifespan of 30-60 seconds which will take you to the other location. You could optionally have the summons of those that left via the portal follow them. It could be useful to leave the summons there too.

B. Let the people grab ahold of the person that will be leaving. heh. The famous pointy finger could finally be useful for something else than npc's and doors and such. If a person grabs ahold of someone, the server could announce that as a local message like "ticklemonster grabs ahold of Annatira's sleeve" or something like that. It could be made impossible to grab ahold of someone while fighting them or perhaps anyone too.

Edited by nathanstenzel

What if you can only use it on people who are on the same screen as you, or within so many squares/tiles/whatever? That would prevent summoning friends to gang somebody, because if they're already on the same screen as you they can pretty much jump in any time anyways.

*imagins himself fleeing a fight with low health and mana just to get the ole scorpio from mortal combat.. "Get over here!" and get tele'd back infront of the person im running from...*

i dont like the idea.. part of me would love it so i could do that to people running from me.. but honestly i'd be pissed if it happened to me..... just saying