Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

RC3

Same instructions as for the other 2 RCs: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47446

Windows binary and data: http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_180_rc3.exe

Linux/OSX data (no binary) http://www.eternal-lands.com/el_180_rc3.zip

Please test and report any problems (specific to this RC or specific to the previous RCs if the problems are still there) here.

Hi there :P

Just wondering if you could tell me what this RC thingy is for.

I've downloaded it but what does it do?

And I don't know many of the jargon words or acronyms you've used.

Thanks!!

Allegra

It is to make sure that after the update the game will work fine for you. This client also has some neat features and bug fixes the old one didn't.

As for the acronyms, RC stands for Release Candidate.

After updating i cant use the top blue bar to move, minimize or close EL screen. It works again after i open another program first and go back to EL.

Do I need to change some settings?

~Lan~

Sorry did not know this always happened, never experianced it before.

Edited by lanjelin

After updating i cant use the top blue bar to move, minimize or close EL screen. It works again after i open another program first and go back to EL.

Do I need to change some settings?

~Lan~

This isn't anything new, it always happened.

Guest Trojan_Knight

The camera rotation is a bit choppy.. After messing w/ the settings for a lil bit. I was able to smoothen it out a little by setting Camera rotation to 53, fine rotation to 30 and camera rotation decel to 1. Though its still slightly choppy. RC1.7 still has a smoother rotation then RC2.3 imo. Didn't know if I should post this. So I figured worse case senerio I get told stfu lolz.. :P Have fun

edit: me st00fs

NVidia 8700M GT

OpenGL Version 2.1.2

if ya need more specs, plz just ask.

edit part2: After posting the above, i now find myself unable to connect to server.. And I've not changed anything since my above post when I was just on moments ago. All I get is a black screen w/ "Connecting to server. Can't connect to server." Below is the list of things I found in my error_log.

[12:32:07] Error: Server profile not found in servers.lst for server: .exe.exe". Failover to server: main.

[12:32:07] Using the server profile: main

[12:32:07] Warning: Didn't find your data_dir, using the current directory instead. Please correct this in your el.ini . Given data_dir was: "d:\Eternal Lands"

[12:32:12] Unknown actor attribute "actor_attachment"

Last message repeated 83 times

[12:32:13] Error: Can't open file "quest.log"

[12:32:13] Error: Can't open file "alias.ini"

~~> me <~~ :D

Edited by Trojan_Knight

You don't have stuff installed properly. Please go in the unregistered help forum and read the faq and search for other posts with your problem.

Guest Trojan_Knight
You don't have stuff installed properly. Please go in the unregistered help forum and read the faq and search for other posts with your problem.

Ah, ok.. I just thought to edit above post 2nd time. Because I wasn't sure if this was result of RC2.3 or what. Since the new RC2.3 became available. I was able to run the game on RC2.3 for aprox 10hrs prior to my above posted 2nd edit issue.

Thanks

edit: I was searching for the answers like ya stated.. Was reading some things. Looked down into the mini window's and EL was lit up.. So some how it managed to fix itself? Cuz now I can get on game again, and i still haven't done anything since aprox 12hrs ago when i downloaded RC2.3.. Anyways, hopefully i didn't pirate thread.. Just tryn to help and understand all at the same time. :P

~~> me <~~ :D

Edited by Trojan_Knight

I noticed the giants tag is a mile above his head, lol. Not really a mile but very high up and hard to find it. I dont remember it being like that before.

Hope it helps.

I have noticed a slow in FPS slightly and as mentioned before, choppy camera movements, other than that, great job so far! :(

i found something wrong with the rc3 in votd the wooden wagon right by storage with the crates in it i can walk right through the middle sink underground and come up when i get out of the middle and this happens on rc2

hope this helps,

CooLDyLaN

Edited by corbin

Guest Trojan_Knight
i found something wrong with the rc3 in votd the wooden wagon right by storage with the crates in it i can walk right through the middle sink underground and come up when i get out of the middle and this happens on rc2

hope this helps,

CooLDyLaN

Thats a map issue. And actually will do that till the "real" RC is released. If does after the "real" RC release. Then at that time that may be a issue. I hope I'm not steping on any toes.. Just tryn to help. :)

~~> me <~~ :(

I noticed the giants tag is a mile above his head, lol. Not really a mile but very high up and hard to find it. I dont remember it being like that before.

Hope it helps.

I just confirmed this, ok the perspective is a little different but the banner is much higher. This is RC3 on the left and 1.7.0 release on the right.

gallery_14814_12_24521.jpggallery_14814_12_16966.jpg

The client code appears unchanged, but I noticed the actor defs now use the <actor_scale> name which is included in the calculation for the banner height. Previously, the <actor_scale> tag was not used and the value defaulted to 1.0.

Edit: P.S. The Debian/Ubuntu packages for RC3 are now available.

Edited by bluap

I notice when changing maps, if i click on the mini map, nothing happens. i have to click ahead of the character to get it started.

Then i can click the mini, but it the character still doesnt go all the way and stops short about 6 to ten paces.

It also seems to take more time then before to calculate the autowalk path?

I have tried it on the test server to see if it does the same thing. Ill try that tom.

Hi all, I'm using the DEB packages by bluap on my desktop box and everything seems to work fine (graphics card as per signature), except for a noticeable camera jerkiness, which I understand is bein worked upon. On my laptop, OTOH, the texture problem exposed by groomsh in the previous RC thread is still there. I have an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3470 card under Ubuntu Linux. In general, this is nowhere near the performance one would expect from it (low FPS, even more camera jerkiness, have to use Poor man to avoid the texture problem). Must be some sort of driver problem I guess, and not EL fault, correct me if I'm wrong and there's something I can do about it bluap.

Thanks to all devs,

Rehdon

I have noticed a slow in FPS slightly and as mentioned before, choppy camera movements, other than that, great job so far! :)

I had a choppy Camera on RC1 but I reduced Camera Rotation Deceleration in ctrl+o controls tab to 0.20 and the camera is really smooth now, so try reducing it down a little at a time and see what setting works best for you :)

Hi all, I'm using the DEB packages by bluap on my desktop box and everything seems to work fine (graphics card as per signature), except for a noticeable camera jerkiness, which I understand is bein worked upon. On my laptop, OTOH, the texture problem exposed by groomsh in the previous RC thread is still there. I have an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 3470 card under Ubuntu Linux. In general, this is nowhere near the performance one would expect from it (low FPS, even more camera jerkiness, have to use Poor man to avoid the texture problem). Must be some sort of driver problem I guess, and not EL fault, correct me if I'm wrong and there's something I can do about it bluap.

Your texture problem certainly sounds like a driver issue. The performance issues, as you have found already, might be improved by config tuning. Sorry I can't help further.

There doesn't seem to be any headgear images in the meshes folder of the data package you gave us the link to for Linux.

Well, maybe the bronze helm image.

I would like to confirm that this data package is to be installed over a copy of the data from the current client.

Edited by nathanstenzel

I dont know if this is a map error, or some collision detection error with bears,

elscreen055.png

(note bear stuck in the rocks-He does move)

Video card: GeForce 6800 GS/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

Running Kubuntu 8.04

Edited by Nerdz

You should refrain from posting map errors/bugs until after the 1.8.0 server update :) ...as atm the serverside .elm's dont match the clientside ones.

btw; Ubuntu 8.04, nVidia 6800, running either hussam's or bluap's (from ubuntu .deb's) binaries, whichever is later... all 3 sets of RC data with any binary has been fine :)

Edited by Korrode

RC3 Mac OS X build available here.

Game seems a bit less responsive.

Built on a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.5.

By less responsive do you mean slower?

We have some updated textures that are bigger, so that might slow down some low end video cards.

RC3 Mac OS X build available here.

Game seems a bit less responsive.

Built on a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.5.5.

Thanks for that - seems to work great so far.

Edit - it crashes sometimes when i mix, happened at srm sto and evtr sto.

Edited by DinkyDee