Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
lanjelin

Ranging and Astro or just bad luck

Hi

I wonder if anyone knows if Ranging and Astro are connected and in case which astro. (criticals?)

When i test indicators they are all pretty red on bad ranging days.

Today it went very bad. After 50 arrows i had 161 xp and managed to kill 2 rabbits a snake and a deer. Bad astro combined with bad luck or just bad luck?

It feels kind of frustrating.

~Lan~

DTH, I believe she's probably just one level below yours, so ..... :(

Lanjelin, consider the following:

- was it night?

- was the distance far?

- were you using training bow instead of crossbow perhaps ?

these might influence the results.

As to the astro, I do not think it affects ranging at the moment but I'm of course not 100% sure. Moreover, 50 arrows is a very little sample, try to test on 500-1000, then the results will be more reliable. I' having a series of 3-5 criticals in a row but also series of 20 shots with no damage at all.

Untill now I have never had a bad day like this.

I thought maybe make rare could have to do something with it, as i get very few extra arrows.

Normal range is 1100 - 1650 each 100 arrows, today after shooting 20 fail arrows on a fox like 4 square distance it feel a bit too much, also some creatures (like brownies) normal needed 1 arrow, needed 2.

I went back to rabbits and use to have 110-120 for 100 arrows and now close to 90, daytime. (both perks)

Because all astro is about as bad as it can be i wondered if it had something to do with it.

@cruella it is not the day/night difference, used to fail a bit more at night but mostly the xp is ~ same/little less/100 arrows.

I used the same bow (recurve) and visor at night.

@DHT guess so :o, thats why i try to train :)

Ty for answering,

~Lan~

As a perkless person I cannot advise on ranging perks sorry - they might change things a bit.

As a side note - if you train ranging, and want to maximize exp/100 arrows, I would suggest to never use nv's and shoot creature larger than rabbits and deers, from a comfortable and constant distance.

DTH, I believe she's probably just one level below yours, so ..... :D

Lanjelin, consider the following:

- was it night?

- was the distance far?

- were you using training bow instead of crossbow perhaps ?

these might influence the results.

As to the astro, I do not think it affects ranging at the moment but I'm of course not 100% sure. Moreover, 50 arrows is a very little sample, try to test on 500-1000, then the results will be more reliable. I' having a series of 3-5 criticals in a row but also series of 20 shots with no damage at all.

I have astro and I don't notice a whole lot of variation, and i train the same way on the same things most of the time.

@ Cruella: on the contrary. if you want better exp and you are over Ran 30, I'd recommend you to use a nightvisor and train at bad conditions. you won't hit that many monsters as in well-lit areas, but the exp rating will be better.

and FYI, I stopped training ranged for a while (lack of funds)

I cannot agree with your recommendation (tried both and had better exp/1000 arrows without nv's), but I'm leaving these two methods for everyone to try and judge by themselves. As they say, there are many ways to skin a cat :>

I second that.

I found it very good to train on NC wall at lower levels, followed by the same NC wall but at night and with NV at 20+, and in some cave with higher level mosters with NV right now.

However, I have tried PVP training, but that proved to be low exp for me (maybe it's just a slight difference, but I prefer getting 60+ exp per shot and missing a few rather than getting 10-15 exp per shot and missing almost none) :)