Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Raven5

Lara serping ogre spawn

Just in case there's any question, I'm well aware I don't own any spawn and I'm usually willing to share, yadda yadda...just posting this for general notice.

I was training at a certain troll/ogre location for a bit when Lara walked in and attacked the troll i was fighting. So I then went over to the ogre, which he also promptly attacked and killed, while I was fighting it. Then he continued to jump everything. I don't normally post here, but it was blatant and rude so I just thought I'd share. Screenie and log below. Yeah, I got mildly annoyed and lost my temper a bit, which was probably just a bonus for him, but w/e. And as for the "there's more than one spawn here" thing he threw in, yeah, that's a good point, but he was also attacking the trolls. lol :P

[18:27:52] Raven5: hi

[18:28:13] You are too far away! Get closer!

[18:28:28] Raven5: dude...

[18:28:54] Raven5: why are you in here stealing stuff you can kill in 3 hits?

[18:29:18] LaRa: training

[18:29:25] Raven5: i was already training...

[18:29:36] LaRa: there is more than 1 spawn here,,, when i ws here u were on trolls so go join them

[18:29:43] You see: LaRa

[18:30:04] Raven5: wow... i always knew you were an ass, but i figured you'd be serping something higher by now

lara.png

Guest Trojan_Knight

No offense. But I honestly don't see a "serp"? So how does this prove that LaRa was "serping" the spawn you were training on?

~~> me <~~ :P

In this case vagueness is lays somewhere else, in my opinion. As I see it's Meepty. Troll and ogre spawns. Considering Lara's words provided with Raven5 logs ogre spawn wasn't occupied, because Raven5 was killing the troll. I honestly don't see any reason to call serping in this case.

Obviously if ur the only one there, and u just killed the ogre, common sense she would kill the troll whilst waiting. IMO it is serping

Is that so hard to ask "ogre or troll" ? :)

The best example is Mt. Sorrow. I'm happily bashing fluff, in a meantime MD white tiger. A nice person comes, asks "fluff or wt?" and if s/he came for white tiger furs s/he gets that spawn and we are both happy. Is it so hard to ask? Most of disputes can be avoided by simply talking to each other, but I understand that such behaviour can etirely ruin that ebul, pr0 image you've been working on so hard ... :)

... because using a bone or even bare hand with noob stuff on, isnt serping :D

Eh? So ebul Gerbil with his 250 A/D going around killing beavers naked on IP isn't serping?

That could be applied for everything in the game (except dragons/giants?) I'd think.

Guest Trojan_Knight

As for terminology. I was under the impression that "serping" was a act that was done, in a manner that takes only seconds to kill and disrupt the training of a another. This looks more like a "race" to see who can get "more exp" off a victim first. Besides, by the ss.. How do we know that "raven5" wasn't "boning" LaRa's ogre? I see bone in em hand. But I also see LaRa as I stated previously in pr0 fightZ mode aka hand to hand combat.

Just my 2 cents, but wtfe. :D

~~> me <~~ :D

... because using a bone or even bare hand with noob stuff on, isnt serping :D

Eh? So ebul Gerbil with his 250 A/D going around killing beavers naked on IP isn't serping?

That could be applied for everything in the game (except dragons/giants?) I'd think.

Gerbil going around IP killing beaver is called training, not serping. :D

It doesn't matter what weapon you're using or what level your character is. If someone is fighting a monster and you come along and attack the same monster then you're serping. If that person then moves off to another monster and you folllow and then kills that monster too, it's serping again.

It doesn't matter what weapon you're using or what level your character is. If someone is fighting a monster and you come along and attack the same monster then you're serping. If that person then moves off to another monster and you folllow and then kills that monster too, it's serping again.

I Agree 100%. Dude.. She was there.. Back off and wait your turn its called consideration and politeness. A little of these Will get you further in life :D:D

Guest Trojan_Knight

I Agree 100%. Dude.. She was there.. Back off and wait your turn its called consideration and politeness. A little of these Will get you further in life :D:D

I disagree. Due to there are 2 creatures in consideration in this "dispute" in theory. We have the ogre, which is main cause of dispute. And also theres the troll. It has been stated a numerous amount of times in many threads over many many, many years. That one does not own any spawn, regardless if you were presently training there for a week, or a second. So in theory, there is no such thing as a "my" spawn, which would determine there would also be no such thing as a "serpn my" spawn. Anyways.. Both parties failed to communicate in a manner that could of resulted in a outcome that could be considered positive for either party included in this matter. One was on a troll, the other was on a ogre. Then both were on a ogre. So, if you want to include "consideration" and "politeness" into this subject of this dispute. Then answer me this, why did neither party give a option of "ogre or troll"? In sense, would that mean that neither party was acting politely, or in a act of consideration?

Just something to think about, and just my 2 cents, so wtfe ;)

~~> me <~~ :)

If Raven5 was fighting the Ogre and Lara went after the Troll or Raven5 was fighting the Troll and Lara went after the Ogre then that would be fine but Lara decided to fight the Troll WHILE Raven5 was in the middle of a fight with it and then started fighting the Ogre WHILE Raven5 was in the middle of that fight. Lara didn't go fight the OTHER monster. Lara went after the SAME monster that was already engaged in combat with Raven5.

Guest Trojan_Knight

My point is. There are two people, with two different storys. Yet only 1 ss which includes a ogre.

Raven5 stated: I was training at a certain troll/ogre location for a bit when Lara walked in and attacked the troll i was fighting.

But the the chat log says:

"[18:29:25] Raven5: i was already training...

[18:29:36] LaRa: there is more than 1 spawn here,,, when i ws here u were on trolls so go join them"

Then the other side of the story is:

"i ws there was to try to get some drops from trolls, i stood there, atking trolls in the back for a few mins, then u came, so i figured, you were at the trolls not the ogres, i went to ogres in the meantime, here you come complaining"

If there was actual proof of the troll ordeal. At that point I may agree with you. But clearly anything that includes the idea of the troll at this point is here say. Because many of us were not present during this ordeal that occured. So how are we to know fiction vs nonfiction? Also, I do not like these chats logs and I will explain why in my example below.

18:27:52] Raven5: hi

[18:28:20] SiR: Yo, you to far away

[18:28:28] Raven5: dude...

[18:28:54] Raven5: why are you in here stealing stuff you can kill in 3 hits?

[18:29:05] SiR: Yo, I bet em is going to say "training"?

[18:29:18] LaRa: training

[18:29:25] Raven5: i was already training...

[18:29:36] LaRa: there is more than 1 spawn here,,, when i ws here u were on trolls so go join them

[18:29:39] SiR: Yeah, what em said :o

[18:30:04] Raven5: wow... i always knew you were an ass, but i figured you'd be serping something higher by now

[18:30:10] SiR: Tisk tisk, you both complain to much

As you can see, chat logs are editable. Where as a ss of the consol, would have been a better / nicer option, to prove ones case. Yet are photoshopable as well. But with the background in the consol being mutli color blended. It would be a lot harder for one to do so.

Lastly, anything that is not included in the proof provide by either party included in this matter. Is just assuming, which also imo results in here say. One can not assume, with out taking into consideration, both sides of the story, with the proof that has been provided. Then each of us must think and ask ourselfs. Do I know Raven5? Do I know LaRa? What type of player are they? Have they had issues in the past that may help provide proof to this topic as well?

My overall opinion of this dispute is this. Both parties are at fault, due to failure to properly communicate.

~~> me <~~ :D

Trojan, I have to wonder why you care at all? From your very first post you seem to be out to do nothing more than stir up trouble. But Raven5 did admit perhaps they used the wrong term. Maybe that's why you kept sticking your noes in, cause you didnt bother them with the first comment? Anyway, there is a reason the forum is called "disputes". Not "trial and jury" or "need to prove to everyone you are 100% right". These two players had a DISPUTE and it's posted here. That's really all that needs to be done, no more trouble stirring. Oh, and I've known Raven5 for 6 years and I know she did not edit any logs to make her case look better. :(

Guest Trojan_Knight

This be my last post on this thread cuz I've already said what I have needed to regarding this dispute.

tisk tisk. I care for the same reason(s) you care. That is that both players, are "fun" people in game. Do I know Raven as well as you say you may? No.. Have i had any issues with Raven? No.. Now I could say the same about LaRa, but even though i "kinda sorta" know LaRa from long ago. This doesn't mean I'm buddy buddy w/ LaRa. It just means we've spoken a time or few in the long distant past. You do not see me saying "its not lara's fault, lara would never do such a thing". Because I don't know if em would or not. Just as your so called friend, I don't know anything about. So, one can only make a "judgement" apon the basis of this "dispute" based on "actual proof" provided.

As for me editing the "chat_log" statment. You should do a little more reading. I did not state "Raven must have edited the chat logs".. Rather, I stated.. "This is the reason why I DO NOT LIKE copy/paste from a chat_log file. Actually if you continued to read. You would see, that I also stated something regarding the matter that a ss of the consol, is also editable, yet, very hard to so.

As for my nose being stuck into this conversation / dispute. I think, as a member of these forums, we are all allowed to opinionate each one of our own judgements on any matter that is provided to us as members of these forums. So long as our posts provide reason for being in a thread. This thread is not locked. Yet, you've turned this from a matter of this dispute. To worring about wtf I say? I'm not always 100% correct, just 99% of the time I am. I did not blame this dispute entirely on your friend. Just as I did not blame the entire dispute apon LaRa. Rather if you read, in my opinion, whether you like it or not. I stated that in my opinion, I feel as if both parties included in this dispute are at fault do to failure to communicate.

If you don't like, not my problem. Enjoy having the last word. You've earned it :(

~~> me <~~ :)

Whoo so this thread is still going eh? I figured it was done days ago. Thanks for defending me kick, kit, thel... no need to worry about it. If I had decided to edit the logs I certainly would have made them a lot more interesting and made myself come off smelling like roses, not shown myself insulting someone rather lamely...but you're free to believe as you wish. Kit, your recap was correct, he did attack the monsters as I was fighting them, not just going after the other spawn, hence the dispute. I doubt there's really anything else of value I can add at this point, I stated my case and it's pretty much done. It was a minor incident and it's over. I doubt I'll be posting here anymore, since unless someone is *really* blatant and rude I generally just shrug it off. Take care all and have fun in game. :(

Edit:

An example of a Raven5 spiced up edited chatlog:

[18:27:52] Raven5: hi

[18:28:28] Raven5: Pardon me, but I was already attacking that troll you killed..

[18:28:54] Raven5: Excuse me, but I was already fighting that ogre...would you like to split these spawns?

[18:29:18] LaRa: i am training and ebul and you suck

[18:29:25] Raven5: I'm sorry, friend, but i have been training for about 30 minutes here, I'll be done soon though...

[18:30:04] Raven5: That's simply not true, you walked up to me and attacked my troll, is it possible you forgot? :hehe:

[18:31:22] LaRa: shush you foo foo head

[18:32:03] Raven5: Well that's not very nice, I will have to post this on disputes, but you have a wonderful day

Edited by Raven5