Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 180 RC

1st let me say I like the new inventory buttons, but one of them is working a bit strangely.

When I stand over a closed bag and press Get All, I will pick up all, only if I it is the last bag opened, i.e. I dropped the stuff myself or if I walked over the bag by using the pick-up-hand and then closed the bag window. If on the other hand it is a monster drop, from a monster I just killed, or I have had another bag opened since having that bag opened, the bag opens up on clicking "Get All" and I then have to click it again to pick up the contents.

Edit: removed a double word

Edited by DanRothar

1st let me say I like the new inventory buttons, but one of them is working a bit strangely.

When I stand over a closed bag and press Get All, I will pick up all, only if I it is the last bag opened, i.e. I dropped the stuff myself or if I walked over the bag by using the pick-up-hand and then closed the bag window. If on the other hand it is a monster drop, from a monster I just killed, or I have had another bag opened since having that bag opened, the bag opens up on clicking "Get All" and I then have to click it again to pick up the contents.

This is expected behaviour - if you have not opened the bag you are stood on the client has no idea what is in the bag so it needs a click to open the bag and a second click to take the contents.

I have uploaded my build of the Mac 1.8.0RC client on my website. It contains all the resources (except sounds and music). It was built on a MacBook, OS X 10.5.6.

To use the test server, download the 1.7.0 client and use the included ChooseELServer app. This is described on the EL download page.

I will update my EL Mac music instructions in a bit, but they are mostly correct. (I am away on vacation currently)

I should mention that the 10.5.6 OS release does NOT fix the known manu crash for MacBooks with Intel integrated graphics.

Edited by 0ctane

so far everything looks good to me except the minor problem of hats,I am a dragoni char and my horns/ears are still peaking out of all of my headwear.

That's normal, not a bug, it will always be so for the draegoni. If the hair is sticking out though let me know.

Not sure if this is known yet or not. Its not a big thing, but when you cast remote heal it will continue to have the wand icon even after its casted when you scroll over people. It just gives you the error message,

glitch.jpg

Switch maps and it stays on. The spell still works fine you just have to recast as normal.

Modified update.c to close HTTP/1.1 connection which immensely speeds up update downloads (bugfix due to 1.1 default connection: keepalive preventing next download until connection times out)

EL just crashed going from MM to WS, no warning or nothing.

Running Kubuntu 8.04, using the RC packages from Apt-get

Video card: GeForce 6800 GS/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

Apt-get tells me theres new drivers for my card, but I dont think thats the problem. This has been the only crash Ive had in EL (thats not related to me messing with my system).

Edited by Nerdz

Yeah, I have a big long list of sound files.. Everything from

Sound_warnings

to things like

themes_of_eternity etc names and

sounds_attack_stick and other things.

To be honest I wasn't able to understand what you said about where you have EL installed in your next post, but I looked for these files you mentioned, and they aren't sound files.

What you need is, in the folder where you have EL installed (so where your el.exe file is), a subfolder 'sound'. In that subfolder, you want a big list of files with the extension .ogg. Those are the sound files, not the ones you mentioned.

EL just crashed going from MM to WS, no warning or nothing.

Running Kubuntu 8.04, using the RC packages from Apt-get

Video card: GeForce 6800 GS/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 169.12

Apt-get tells me theres new drivers for my card, but I dont think thats the problem. This has been the only crash Ive had in EL (thats not related to me messing with my system).

Is the crash reproducible? I'm running on Debian here but have just tried on my son's machine running Ubuntu 8.04 and the same driver version you have (though different card). On both machines, back and forth, with and without compiz, but no crashes or valgrind errors at all.

Guest silverspear

I play EL on both Linux & Windows - both 32bit, and I have noticed that when I switch from windowed mode (1024x768x32bit) back to fullscreen, with the Win32 client (Linux binary works great - thx Quesar!), the view gets distorted. This didn't happen with the 1.7.0 client.

I'll attempt to describe the distortion, but forgive me if it's confusing - this isn't easy to describe!

1. The very top portion of the screen is blacked out, hiding the channel bar & the FPS display.

2. The very right edge is also covered, hiding the edge of the stats bar & quickslots

3. The area which is actually clicked is displaced above the cursor by about a "cursor-height", making only the very bottom of the action buttons "clickable"

System:

P4 2.8, 1.25gb ram

GeForce 6200 256mb 1280x1024 (75hz) (32bit)

driver: nv4_disp.dll 6.14.0011.7813 9/17/2008

WinXp SP3 (home) all latest updates

I'll attempt to describe the distortion, but forgive me if it's confusing - this isn't easy to describe!

Screenshot FTW?

For example, you can upload screenshots here http://photobucket.com/ and post the link to the image here in forums.

Piper

Edited by The_Piper

Guest Trojan_Knight
Yeah, I have a big long list of sound files.. Everything from

Sound_warnings

to things like

themes_of_eternity etc names and

sounds_attack_stick and other things.

To be honest I wasn't able to understand what you said about where you have EL installed in your next post, but I looked for these files you mentioned, and they aren't sound files.

What you need is, in the folder where you have EL installed (so where your el.exe file is), a subfolder 'sound'. In that subfolder, you want a big list of files with the extension .ogg. Those are the sound files, not the ones you mentioned.

Lolz. I should have "compared" my updated version verses my "original version". In my updated version there are none of those files. Weird thing is, in my "orginal copy" there are .ogg files. So that would explain why in 1.7 i have sounds, and in 1.8 I dont. I just dont understand why they didn't copy over into the folder I made when i copied.. But i guess I'll figure this out. :D Thanks..

~~> me <~~ :hug:

I play EL on both Linux & Windows - both 32bit, and I have noticed that when I switch from windowed mode (1024x768x32bit) back to fullscreen, with the Win32 client (Linux binary works great - thx Quesar!), the view gets distorted. This didn't happen with the 1.7.0 client.

Known problem, happens with all the windows clients.