Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EL 180 RC

I have linux, so i moved new files in my old Enternal Lands folder.

Works, but waiting the binaries :whistle:

(y)

I posted a linux binary already. Look earlier in the thread.

I have linux, so i moved new files in my old Enternal Lands folder.

Works, but waiting the binaries :whistle:

(y)

I posted a linux binary already. Look earlier in the thread.

My camera movement is very very slow with it, cant play :S

OK NVM FIXED IT :P

I cant see difference? :mace:

Edited by Hellocat

My camera movement is very very slow with it, cant play :S

The way camera rotation speed is controlled has been changed, go to options -> Controls, and increase the speed / reduce the deceleration till you get to some satisfying settings

(btw, this issue was reported in bugs forum some time ago: isn't the default deceleration far too big? (I've had to set mine to 0.12 while the default is 1.00)

EDIT: forgot to mention, using cvs on Linux, Video Card Intel 915GM, OpenGL 1.3.0

Edited by Theryndan

Strange.. Did it happen with other spells too?

Yes, it happened with shield spell too when I died from dragon while having it on.

Noticed something odd today. Happend 3 times. I am sitting on the bench by the Wraith facing east. Each time I lag (Resync with the server...) the screen goes black for a moment and when the image comes back I am sitting facing north. Stood up, turned back to the east and sat down again only to find myself facing north with the next resync.

Searched the thread and didn't see this one mentioned. If you go to your View stats > session tab and click "reset" it does not reset the counters. Checked and some other people had the same issue. Also just noticed the "drop all" in the inv does not drop anything. Had medallion in inventory, not equipped. But overall I'm a big fan of the new inv window options.

Searched the thread and didn't see this one mentioned. If you go to your View stats > session tab and click "reset" it does not reset the counters. Checked and some other people had the same issue. Also just noticed the "drop all" in the inv does not drop anything. Had medallion in inventory, not equipped. But overall I'm a big fan of the new inv window options.

i believe these both require a double click now.

i believe these both require a double click now.

Yes they do. If you have "help text" enabled you would see some help! There's an option in the config window, controls tab to disable the need for double click.

You need to doubleclick. this was implemented on request to prevent pressing those buttons by accident.

Edit: you can disable this on Options -> Controls -> check "Disable double-click button safety"

Edited by rauch

Did you double click reset?

i was on the test server and got on my horse.. when i walk with the horse it just glides across the ground like a chess peice.. its legs do not move or anything..

#EDIT: I also cannot get off the horse anymore.. it wont let me 'use' myself to get off of it. i had to attack an animal to get off.

Video card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 2.1.7415 Release

Edited by jizzy

i was on the test server and got on my horse.. when i walk with the horse it just glides across the ground like a chess peice.. its legs do not move or anything..

Confirmed, the walking animations for the horse are gone. But when it stands, it shakes its head and tail randomly.

#EDIT: I also cannot get off the horse anymore.. it wont let me 'use' myself to get off of it. i had to attack an animal to get off.

Not confirmed, just click on the pointing finger icon at the bottom of the screen and then on yourself to get off the horse.

Piper

Not confirmed, just click on the pointing finger icon at the bottom of the screen and then on yourself to get off the horse.

Piper

OK. yea that works. but before you could simply right click through the icons till you got to 'use' and use yourself to get off.. but i guess this isnt so bad

Guest Trojan_Knight

I have a 2 part ordeal going.. One is a question from 1.7 that is also being used in 1.8 regarding Universal Hoods. With these hoods and being the sexah Draegoni (typod?) Race.. Our ears seem to peirce through these hoods. Below is a link to the pic I am refering too.. Is there any possible chance we can have our ear's completely covered? I know their big. But thought to ask. Maybe increase horn size for smaller ears? Just a idea :)

Click here

Below are the error reports or etc that I got while loading..

Couldn't find the GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc extension, not using it...

Error opening sound configuration file

Removed the "welcome and hi" text

Error opening sound configuration file

I looked in the config file. To ensure that my sounds were indeed turned on. And I confirm, yes they are. When on the game. And I click on the "View Settings" tab, under the "Audio" tab. Again, everything is properly set to ensure sound. Except now I recieve no sound of any sort.

My St00fs

Edit: Windows Vista

Graphic Card: NVidia GeForce 8700M GT

OpenGL Version: 2.1.2.

Sound: RealTek High Defination Audio

Sound Driver: 6.0.1.5423

My sound card and speakers are multi functional. Meaning I can turn off any of the 4 speakers I wish at any time, including the 5th speaker, the sub woofer for ofc low sided Hz's. Or just run two speakers at a high and a mid rang Hz. Both of these "settings" are default. Meaning I have 2 choices, 1) run the two speakers. or 2) run all 5 with the option of turning any off at any time. Anyways. I tested the game running both options, and in my "perfered" choice option I turned off every speaker individually and etc. Still end result equals no sound from the game. My sounds work great, I tested this with a orchestral Disk that's a remix. And with my favorite Bass CD.. It still runs sounds like it was brand new. At 200 Hz my lap top begins to viberate. And as it did when i first tested it when i braught it out of the box. The sound at 40 Hz's begins to diminish. With 14K + Hz it still peirces your ears. So I know its not on my end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~> me <~~ ;)

Edited by Trojan_Knight

Guest Trojan_Knight

Yeah, I have a big long list of sound files.. Everything from

Sound_warnings

to things like

themes_of_eternity etc names and

sounds_attack_stick and other things.

I could list all the soud files if you like? Theres a really long list here..

~~> me <~~ :)

Yeah, I have a big long list of sound files.. Everything from

Sound_warnings

to things like

themes_of_eternity etc names and

sounds_attack_stick and other things.

Do you get the same error with the 1.7 client?

What is the full pah to the .ogg files? Are they in the right place?

If you made a copy of EL folder for the RC1.8, is the datadir (ctrl+o -> Misc) pointing to the new folder or still to the old one?

Guest Trojan_Knight

On 1.7 I only had music allowed to be on, sound for shield, and other things were turned off cuz that sheild spell would always scare the crap outta me lolz.

The above is for the 1.8.. This isn't the first time i've had the sound problem. Let me explain. In the 1.7 always have had sound. In I think when sounds were first implimented was when i had sound issues as well. Though that was on a different laptop, different sound card, different everything.

All files that came from the 1.8 are in the approperiate folder containing the 1.8 update. I made a secondary folder off my Documents. So i have EL2 Programs (Which is 1.7) that was moved from Documents to my Desktop.. And i have EL Programs (which is 1.7 copy) that was "updated to 1.8" remaining in Documents. Documents\EL Programs etc.. I could try C:\\Programs\EL Programs\ etc.. But have found in past, that with vista it screws my ability to send elm files as attachments. Now with the map editor taking on a new face lift in the coming future. There really isn't a need or reason for me to pull from Documents since anything from what Roja says, that would include the map editor will basically need to be redone regardless once new map editor is released.. So I could try that possibly?

~~> me <~~ :)

Noticed this in PK last night, and tested it again this morning.When the bear finishes its attack animation the mesh goes all twisted.

I got another player to come and confirm this was noticable on their computer as well.

bear.jpg

Noticed this in PK last night, and tested it again this morning.When the bear finishes its attack animation the mesh goes all twisted.

I got another player to come and confirm this was noticable on their computer as well.

bear.jpg

Yea all beers are bugged!

Grizzly beer too.

1 fun picture too :)

H1229957872.png