Eternal Lands Official Forums
agrilles

Suggestion for mute command for guild chat

I was going to make a suggestion for guild channal a way to mute member(s) in guild chat as warnings/punishment. (edit: What i mean is the true @guild channel. Not for the guilds who use the #gm as the guild chat.) The only two way we have to warn them, is a blue text( I.E #gm) , or boot them. Which really defeats the purpose from #guild messages. If they are use obscene language for first-time offenders. Of course , I know a moderator is able to join your guild channel at any giving time. Why would i waste a game moderator time to fix or to warn a member and/or punishments do not stop the behavior, or result in worse behavior will be remove from guild channel (I.E kick from the guild). when guildmaster can give that warning him or her self by muting them for let said three minutes.

I do use my guild chat on day to day basics. With guide line rules. Which no obscene language is not allow. I would like to warn them for their first-time offenders in guild chat.

If this can be place into the guild command, or other suggestions will be most appreciated.

(Edit: for post 13: If there was other way without just #remove player , or boot them from the guild. I'm up for any suggestions. I been doing this for 2 years. I dislike to have all members to use #gm. It is defeating the purpose of having guild chat for your guild.)

Edit: This suggestion was made not for guild policies were for guild channel in general. It is for suggests have way to control our guild chat. Other than just #remove them. Which seens little bit heartless?

Additional the first thing come to all guild leader just #remove them. We are all human and well make mistake time to time. That is why; I make this suggestion to improve the guild chat channel. Not for sort of god-complex as was show in the post below. If a command like #gwm (guild warning message) be in red text. Red text will have an effect warning for guild chat channel. But who knows , If this suggest will be place in-game. It is up for game developers to make that decision. I was looking for suggests to proved the guild chat channel not to start flaming or trolling in the topic thank you. Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Agrilles Guild Master

Edited by agrilles

Changing his rank below 5 does the same effect.

I believe you missing what i mean is @guild: you can still chat even with reduce he/she rank it do not have the same effect.

Just tried it, Agrilles, had my rank reduced to rank 2 and tried to use #gm, it said

You need a rank of at least 5 to broadcast a message to your guild

so that would work as Csiga described.

Just tried it, Agrilles, had my rank reduced to rank 2 and tried to use #gm, it said

You need a rank of at least 5 to broadcast a message to your guild

so that would work as Csiga described.

as Csiga , you do not understand..We just #jc guild. Even with rank 0 you can still chat.

You're right, I failed to get it, you mean the guild chat channel, sorry.

The guilds I have been in didn't use it, forgot all about it, always used #gm.

You're right, I failed to get it, you mean the guild chat channel, sorry.

The guilds I have been in didn't use it, forgot all about it, always used #gm.

No worries Annatira, I understand alot of guild do use the #gm as their guild chat. The guild chat is there for any guild to use. :)

I guess the guild i'm in is an oddball. We always use the guild channel instead of #GM. This is an interesting idea, but not sure how many guilds actually use the guild channel and would have a use for it.

Sounds to me like you just want to appease some sorta god-complex. If someone doesn't care about your rules, making them go quiet for a few minutes wont change anything (infact I'm guessing that'll just make 'em pissed). And if it's a mistake why mute instead of just telling them off?

Sounds to me like you just want to appease some sorta god-complex. If someone doesn't care about your rules, making them go quiet for a few minutes wont change anything (infact I'm guessing that'll just make 'em pissed). And if it's a mistake why mute instead of just telling them off?

I tend to agree. If somebody is pissing me off with stupid chat I'd remove this person from the guild regardless of whether it was in #gm (which my guild uses) or @guild (which my guild doesn't use).

We do use the guild chat in my guild and I'd have to say that if it reached a point where I actually needed to mute someone to keep them from talking in the guild channel then we've probably reached a point where they don't belong in the guild and would be booted out instead of being muted.

:) Every guild has their own way to handle their executive decisions. Which situ does allow newly player ( newbie) which will make begin mistake in guild chat. This is just other way to warning them in stead of just telling them off. If you have guild chat, but you have no control of guild channel. It really silly to me.

SiTu alway does the three strikes and your out!

If there was other way without just #remove player , or boot them from the guild. I'm up for any suggestions. I been doing this for 2 years. I dislike to have all members to use #gm. It is defeating the purpose of having guild chat for your guild.

Please delete this post 13. If it need. I have edit my formal post!

Edited by agrilles

Ever heard about "Edit"?

I heard about Edit? When you edit your first post. The other forum users will not know. What the formal post is about. Which will confuse them. Correct me if i am wrong. If you are refer to spamming posts. which this is to spam the post not any way. I will edit my formal post since, I was ask to do so.

Ever heard about "Edit"?

Sarcasm isn't very becoming or nice.

Ever heard about "Edit"?

Sarcasm isn't very becoming or nice.

Not sure which part of my question was sarcastic. Mind explaining?

Hmm..sounds to ME you have a serious inner-guild problem. You see..THATS exactly why we are not that fast in letting anyone wear our name..^^

And..if we do, its someone we are not afraid to start a discussion with..even tho that may be hard-to-hard..its always heart-to-heart, if you get my drift.

And yes..even we at W&W fail sometimes when we trust someone woth our name,or lend the key to our house..but muting? Ignoring..? never..thats the easy way out..

Just my opinion, ofcourse..^^

Jez

It's not problem at all (Inner-guild problem). I just would think it would be nice to give out warning etc. I do not just let anyone use #Gm #Ig to limit the Announcements. So everyone can see Blue texts that do come up a lot in the past few months.

You have to put yourself in my shoes, on average I do manage over 106 members. And 56 members log in past 64 days. With that in mind; I have large chat room. Then most guilds that I know of that use their guild chat room. 25 members log in past day. It can range between 9 members to 19, or so members at any giving time.

:)

agrilles

Edited by agrilles