Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Instance 60 to 80 testing

No idea, only got a team to test, and they tested a little, but I needed two teams..

Radu, not everything can be catered just to you. Just as you do, we all have personal RL lives, and our lives do not revolve around Eternal Lands. Threatening to remove the 60-80 instance because there were not enough players on test server when YOU made the call is unnecessary. Possibly being forewarned of the 60-80 instance, we could have had a team up and ready to fully test the instance.

You don't get it, do you?

I do not demand or expect anyone to sacrifice RL for EL. But since there were so few people willing to test it, and so many people online that were between 60-80 that could have tested it, there is obviously very little demand for it.

I managed to get people testing the 80-100 instance at 1 AM.

Anyway, I still don't think there is enough demand for it, so I guess I'll go with my plan to make it 100-120.

Anyway, I still don't think there is enough demand for it, so I guess I'll go with my plan to make it 100-120.

That really sucks for the people who want it that cant do the 80's+ for a long time :D

yea it does :(

well the instance for us n00bs tonight at 7:30pm to 7:45pm EST (GMT -5) is still on. let's try it out, guys :D

edit:

this thread alone doesn't disprove that? :D

Edited by Aislar

Well, we just tested it two times and we all had great fun and for me it was a great evening with an awesome group of people (you guys all rock and you know who you are!! :D). Personally I wish for every EL player to get this instance in the game (with a tweak or two :D), you will love it!! Good night, my bed awaits me!

I tried it and again, the 2nd wave is to strong, they multi and pl ~60-80s a/d just arent strong enough to take the waves

Well, we just tested it two times and we all had great fun and for me it was a great evening with an awesome group of people (you guys all rock and you know who you are!! :D). Personally I wish for every EL player to get this instance in the game (with a tweak or two :D), you will love it!! Good night, my bed awaits me!

I tried it and again, the 2nd wave is to strong, they multi and pl ~60-80s a/d just arent strong enough to take the waves

Well I've tested it 3 times in a row now. The first you know about. The second and third attempt was with Brain, Shallara, Melchoren, Zamolxes, Elf_Ninja, Kl4uz, Suncie (and me).

First wave were fero's which kinda caught me by surprise doable though.

The second wave really did hit us hard. Melteans kinda ended things for us. The server was restarted and things were made easier.

Upon the restart Radu was good enough to give us supplies to test with (Rosts, HE's, SR's).

First wave were back to DCWs (yay mana). Which we dispatched.

Second wave with the Melteans was still hard but I think they were made easier. Their numbers dropped to 25 too (from 40 from the first time I tested). Anyway, with a lof of luck we stumbled past them with a degree of difficulty (not many of us were seasoned fighters and a lot of restoration casts failed).

The third wave were 3 yeti which according to radu skipped a wave.

After we got passed those (with relative ease) we were up against 2 x 20k HP giants named Dilimac. This wave spawned right on where we spawned which I'm sure is a mistake. Anyway we got one of them down to 4k or something before we all had to bail because we ran out of supplies.

There might not be as big of a demand cause probably a lot of players in that range arent good fighters. I know im not the best but how can we get good if we dont have things like this to help us. Why should only the best fighters get the good advantages. Even with invasions mostly only the high creatures drop the good stuff. Yes I know that everyone has worked very hard to get their levels. Somedays i try and I know first hand how hard it is to sit there and train non stop. I just think that there needs to be some stuff in the game that even us n00bs can have fun and enjoy even if there isnt as many players as there is with the high players.

*really hates i am out of the country while this is being tested*

man i would SOOO be on the test server if i was in the country.. i just happen to find a little internet cafe in the dominican republic and read this..

ohh well.. *shrugs*

Ok we're testing it again (4th time for me :D).

Please can you log in if you're in the 60-80 range and want to test

(radu gieb uz phr33 itamz plx, can we has sum)

Woo. :D Something to look foward too. :D

What was the a/d range of the group ? if its anything like the pr0 instance then its geared towards the top end ( a group of all 120-130's wouldnt finish the pr0 one, which is why i was hoping for 100-130 instance) so maybe a group of all 80's could do it ?

Edited by conavar

Idk, i went in 2 times, and i could not block. nor hit enough. i guess the groups i went in just weren't strong enough, cant say im to strong myself but.. meh

well We did it tonight and it WAS GREAT!! 7 people to start, down to 6... i think and we ROCKED!

Wave 1 was Desert Chim, 2 was melteans, 3 was 2 huge monsters with 12k HP, then 3 Yetis and the 2 20K HP Giants!!!!

I think it is PERFECT how it is!! just requires Team work!!!

i think only 2 of us had supplies left.... but those melteans are TUFF TUFF!! one on one.... good luck.... team work is a MAJOR must!!

Would do it again, decent drops for these lvls i guess, i cant remember total count.

Thanks to all People who joined in... it was wicked!

Edited by Misery_Machine

w00t! :~) Congrats and thanks to all for a great time ~hugz~

DCW, Meltean, Scarba, Yeti, Dilimac

:D

gallery_36743_66_83604.jpg

Edit: oh yea... heavy resyncs for us all in some spots, last monsters(Dilimac) were all the way back at the beginning, instead of the end, other than that just bring all the supplies you can :~)

Edited by bugabear

We successfully completed the 60-80 a/d instance tonight! We had a team of 7 people. 1 of them was lost in the 2nd wave, and the other 6 made it through to the end. It was *very* close at the end though. We were almost completely out of HEs and SRs when we finally dropped the last mob!

Here is a screenshot of our successful team:

team-60-80.jpg

From Dilimac we got 40 rings of Power, tons of gc(20k maybe), 2nd one dropped 2048gc

Magic arrows from Meltean I think, and up to 1kgc and SRs, HE from a few of them...

11124gc from one Scarba

yeah first dili gave 15k and 40 rings of power, which came at a good time to use to kill the second lol.... kind of tuff 1 on 2 dili's... Mana doesnt last long... not sure on the last drop of the dili, sounds like it was only a few k gc

So what drops did you get from the dilimaci and scarbe?

I think it was over 10kgc for a Scarbe (can you translate what this means please!)

the first dilimaci dropped 40 Rings of power I heard, the 2nd didn't seem to drop much except gold.

Wasn't really a big single-item drop unless someone's fibbing (which I doubt).

Anyway, first wave was DCWs. (I've come to the conclusion that the first wave alternates between Fero's and DCWs). These were a good start.

Then the second wave hurt us a bit. We lost boognish :( We got through it though.

The third wave wasn't skipped this time and the Scarbe was there (12k hp armed female orcs). We got past them okay; attacked us separately.

The forth, 3 standard yeti (yay mana). Got through them...

The five were the 2 x 20khp giants. We popped our bear stones to scratch it (curtosy of boognish's db) and just about limped through to complete it. What screwed us up was that just as one was dying the other one came on the scene and started to pound us.

Party members: Quaser, bugabear, Barbara, Misery_Machine, guy, Me and boognish (who died mid-way through second wave).

Teamwork was good and less people died :D

I think on main it will be hard to complete that instance since on the test we negged up for it and I still had some rosts from what you gave us (radu). On the other hand, we didn't have a full party and was lower a/d.

We also needed a :D

Anyway, was very fun.

Edit: This was my 4th 60-80 test. I guess its 4th time lucky

Edited by MagpieLee

Hey tested 2 times earlier was a lot of fun. Even though I only got through first two waves as RL called.

My thoughts on what I did get through I personally had more fun with Feros then the Des. Chims. They seemed a bit harder then the chims. Not sure if it alternates between the two pry is nice if they do.

Second wave after Radu adjusted the melteans was better, they defiantly take team work which is very nice. I also like that the drops were changed to sr's and HE as we could not have possibly carried enough to get us through the whole instance.

A thought on the respawning back at the start, might be a feature intended but seemed to take forever to walk back to meet up with group. That combined with the way the terrain was set up around the melteans spawn means that a few times I walked past the entrance and had to walk back even though I was looking for landmarks previously noticed. The first area where the Des. Chims spawns had a visual indicator that something was slightly different in the fact that the green area with mushrooms was there and easy to find. So possibly a similar thing could be done around the entrance to melteans. But if it's intended to keep people in longer to make the time run out then it is working well :P But if not a tele to a half way point or something might be nice, I wouldn't get crazy with the tele's but if you do progress linearly in the map once you get to 3rd or 4th round would be a very long walk back, but I didn't get that far so I can't speak to that.

On the whole had a blast wished I could have finished the whole thing. I took some video that I will try to post tomorrow after it is recoded/compressed for those that were involved.

PS: The animator in me says make a cool eerie green sky over the instance :P

very nice, that it could be tested a bit now :P

i have a few supplies on the test server still (tit set, HEs SRs, 1 rosto), so testers just drop me a PM on main, if you collect stuff for the tests.

There might not be as big of a demand cause probably a lot of players in that range arent good fighters. ...

i agree with Nola here, in fact i usually try to improve my fighting skill (not level) during invasions, but the occasions are rare.

One of the reasons for this is, that a monster which would be appropriate for multicombat/strategy of 60-80 lvl fighters, can be easily killed alone by the high level fighters, leaving only the dragons soon. (thats why i changed to ranging in invasions)

I dont want to argue for changes in the invasions of course, but i think this is a reason, why the lower level instances are maybe even more important than the higher level instances (if you consider players from all a/d levels).

I really hope that we can have a 60-80 instance, if not now, then maybe later, when it fits into your plans, Entropy.

I do believe that the existence of such an instance will attract players more and more, who are currently maybe only rushing thru this levels with tedious ogre kicking, not to speak of those, who have other main skills and might never reach the higher instances.

:P

For those who did this new instance, how were the rysncs guys/gals ?

If they have been pretty much fixed with this new instance,is there a chance that the Dragons from the pr0 instance can be replaced with a new monster(with the same stats as a dragon), so as to get rid of the rysnc causing animation they have ?

Edited by conavar