Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Instance 60 to 80 testing

I feel like I have to defend these guys here :P Radu, take into account that 2 months that's easy 10 a/d levels difference, more in some cases. So if they are 60 on main, they might be 50 on test, therefore unable to participate.

When testing 80-100 instance I was 7 levels lower on test than on main, fortunately it was enough to enter.

I feel like I have to defend these guys here :P Radu, take into account that 2 months that's easy 10 a/d levels difference, more in some cases. So if they are 60 on main, they might be 50 on test, therefore unable to participate.

[...]

Exactly my problem:

on main: a/d 59/64

on test: a/d 53/59 ...

Was thinking the same thing but didn't wanna say it... anyone who is serious about a/d who fell in the 60-80 gap 2 months ago would easily get from 60 to 80 a/d by now (10mil exp exp over 60 days, is 166k exp per day... a laughable amount for people on ogre/cyc) and they don't care about the n00b instance so they won't come help you test it.

Would you consider making these instances overlap each other? e.g. this one 60 to 85 and the other one 80-105?

One last question, what if you have a skill over 80, but the sum is still equal or below 160? Can u join then? If so I could join with my test server char. If someone could confirm me that, I'm in!

How about you STFU?

The characters were updated like 2 months ago.

Absolutely amazing. This is the response given for stating you WANT to take the time to HELP test but haven't been given the ability to do so.

As stated above, 2 months is an incredibly long time at ogre training levels. The lower the levels get for these things, the more vital it is to have more updated characters to test with. Priorities and character development changes drastically during this period. I would never take the character I have on the test server into a high-level invasion on the real server. It was a 99% mixer at that time, with no concern for fighting. Things have changed drastically since then.

When almost noone shows up, it's because we're stuck with being incapable of testing. Not because of lack of interest as keeps being claimed. If you don't want to actually listen to people, fine, but saying we're not interested for reasons that are completely out of our hands and telling us to f-off when we're just trying to explain this to you does noone any good.

I have a suitable char (if 71/81 a/d can go in that is), but the given time is too late for me so can't participate myself. If anyone needs a char, forum PM me please.

Edited by Cara

One last question, what if you have a skill over 80, but the sum is still equal or below 160? Can u join then? If so I could join with my test server char. If someone could confirm me that, I'm in!

yes, u can join if u have (att+def)/2<=80

Being a forum n00b that I am someone told me about this and I am very interested in testing. If anyone wants to put a group togeather ill be ingame prob all day and ill head over. Ill be looking for people as well.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I can't go into the instance.. To big.. But however if anyone wants to go into the instance. But needs supplies on the test server. Get ahold of me in main, and I'll jump over onto the test server really quick and hook you up with any supplies I have left. I have already given away all my pr0 armor and weaps on test though. So please keep that in mind. In game name Sir :P

Have fun

~~> me <~~ :)

two n00b questions:

1. where can i find infos on how test server works (not how to enter it) ? i mean things like what u can buy, is there any price difference or is yr main-server char is the one in server too with same storage items or not?

2. what is the reqirement to enter this instance in test server? having (Att+Def)/2 equal or greater than 60?

Absolutely amazing. This is the response given for stating you WANT to take the time to HELP test but haven't been given the ability to do so.

You are really starting to piss me off, and if you continue on this path you will take a long break from the forums.

You have the levels on the test server to go to that instance, but you weren't there when I made the call (or even 1 hour later), and it is MY FAULT that you didn't show up??

I know you said its unfinished, seems like if you haven't got a serp stone/invasion token, you're "stuck" on the option where you can only say "Nevermind".

Clicking on it doesn't return you to the previous screen - it just stays on that screen until you close the dialogue window

You are really starting to piss me off, and if you continue on this path you will take a long break from the forums.

I've done nothing but explain the problem. I've not used any abusive language. I've not attacked anyone. I've not violated any forum rules. Just explained the problem, the exact same problem several other people have tried to tell you.

I did nothing to deserve the rude response you gave, only showed my desire but inability to HELP you test, and despite your rude response to avoid addressing the issue, gave you a civil response.

The only "path" I've "continued" on was one of trying to be civil, showing my desire to try and help you test.

You have the levels on the test server to go to that instance, but you weren't there when I made the call (or even 1 hour later), and it is MY FAULT that you didn't show up??

I won't apologize that when you "made the call", I was making dinner, and had no idea a test was even going on until your "I give up on it" message later. I went to the test server several times after that to see if I could possibly do anything that would allow me even a chance of surviving, to no avail.

Yes, I have the levels, I haven't once said I didn't. I said, "I would never take the character I have on the test server into a high-level invasion on the real server. It was a 99% mixer at that time, with no concern for fighting. Things have changed drastically since then."

The character from 2 months ago has no gear suitable for an invasion (er, instance), low p/c because I'd been mixing almost non-stop for 87 OAs (post-reset) to level up and needed Nexus more than p/c at the time. I did no real fighter training during that time, and have no idea what I can do with a character with those a/d/p/c levels. There's no way to get any real gear there either on top of that.

Since that time, I drastically increased my p/c, only then got my a/d up, got real fighting gear, and am well aware of what I can/can't do, but only at my current levels. That doesn't help when the character on the test server is in a shape that makes it incapable of surviving even a few minutes. Is it really going to help in a test if I don't survive even part of the first round?

If explaining my situation (and that similar of others) warrants a forum ban, so be it. I've done my best to be civil, to explain why I (and others) can't help with the test. If I've violated some forum rule in doing so, please let me know as I've always strived not to, just as I expect people to follow rules on my sites. Do unto others and all that.

ermmm...

anyway, the Instance for n00bs was tested just now.

Didn't start off too good, believe it or not some didn't even have the map installed properly -_- So we lost two people from the maximum party to leave us with 7 people.

First wave DCWs was okay. Being spread out pretty evenly too made it doable. No deaths.

Second wave...all hell broke loose. 30 Melteans were a step too far. And we were not able to complete it.

We didn't have the best teamwork or whatever but even so, they had our number and more then half the party of 7 got wiped out at with 13 more Melteans to go. A bunch of rostogols went. It was kinda sad really ;D

Edited by MagpieLee

I agree, GoodDay, and as Quesar suggested earlier in this thread, I will be at MM Battlehall at 7:30pm EST ready to test this n00b instance :)

Radu, not everything can be catered just to you. Just as you do, we all have personal RL lives, and our lives do not revolve around Eternal Lands. Threatening to remove the 60-80 instance because there were not enough players on test server when YOU made the call is unnecessary. Possibly being forewarned of the 60-80 instance, we could have had a team up and ready to fully test the instance.

We are doing our absolute best to test out this instance; yesterday we really had no time to get everything together, or come up with a strategy. Your snide remarks about our lack of strategy in local during the instance yesterday were completely unnecessary. If you really wish for us to test this, I think support and optimism, not pessimism, is what is warranted.

On a side note for the instance tonight, since I died 2x without a rost in the instance yesterday, I need some kind of armor and definitely some rosts. As an fyi for those of you who may not know, if you die in an instance with a rostogol stone, you just get tele'd back to the beginning of the instance. If you do NOT have a rostogol stone, you end up in the underworld and cannot go back to the instance, so we all need to be sure to have a few rostogol stones on us for the instance. Or beg for NDD :P hehe

We are doing what we can, setting up a time, strategy, coming together to trade armor/weps/rosts etc needed for the instance test, etc, to test this instance for you, Radu. We understand the importance in getting this done quickly. All we ask is for a bit more understanding on your part. Nothing in this world can be done at the snap of Teh GoD's fingers. :P

edit: WOW, a HUGE thank you to Trojan_Knight for donating some items for the test tonight!!

Edited by Aislar

Guest Trojan_Knight

Your welcome :) I've given away a lot of stuff to help this.. Rosto's, MoL, Ti set, Great Swords, a total of 8k he's, 2k sr's, etc.. I must say at this point, I apologize to anyone else that may want to take part in this, that may need supplies. I am out of stock till next time the test server is update. The remaining things I have I need in regards to test thing from time to times ie: Maps, Bots, etc bs.. Though I bet if any of ya ask around. Since the main storage is not reflected from the test storage. But rather opposite way around. Anyone should be able to give ya supplies for the test server if their not doing anything with them on the test server. And i honestly don't understand why I would have needed 8.5k he's for myself on the test server for example, just a point lolz.. Have fun and enjoy :P

Edit, typo "you" became "your" lolz

~~> me <~~ :P

Edited by Trojan_Knight

that's cool ques. :)

for those of us n00bs getting together to try out this instance, do you guys want to meet at the npc in MM battlehall or at VOTD storage to make sure everyone has everything they need before we start?

edit: i vote for VOTD sto. make sure everyone has rosts :P

Edited by Aislar