Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MagpieLee

Players using good gear on low creatures ?

What you are wearing should not concern anyone other than you anyway :P

Thx for the your opinion :P

I don't know why you've decided to post this seeing as the purpose of the thread is to find out why people do it since I've been out of touch. I liked your previous post here but this one...maybe a forum PM would be better...cheers coffee.gif

Simply because of that:

I'm sure some of the "older" people will know that it annoys them

why what others do annoys you?

Never understood why people risk such armours

is this yours to be concerned?

ive seen csiga training in red drag set on fluffs, and some randoms training ogres in red drag, saw someone called lilred85 training ogres in full black dragon armor, mirror and tit shield roflol.

what's so funny about that?

A form of your question have already contained certain assumption that some answers followed.

What you are wearing should not concern anyone other than you anyway ;)

Thx for the your opinion :blink:

I don't know why you've decided to post this seeing as the purpose of the thread is to find out why people do it since I've been out of touch. I liked your previous post here but this one...maybe a forum PM would be better...cheers coffee.gif

Simply because of that:

I'm sure some of the "older" people will know that it annoys them

why what others do annoys you?

Probably because in this age, newer players never had it so good (or at least much choice). :happy: With all these armours flying around maybe a few months time we'd see some people train on rabbits with full ice dragon :wub:

With all these armours flying around maybe a few months time we'd see some people train on rabbits with full ice dragon

What's wrong with that ?

I ask because if there is really something wrong, Entropy should fix it perhaps ?

However, if there is nothing, why ridicule ?

Anyway, to answer your question "To use, or not to use" - in my opinion, at your a/d level, a full steel set plus titanium shield plus CoL plus NMT cloak/perk is the best option in terms of long term exp/cost relation. However, EL offers a wide range of other options available and I wouldn't be surprised seeing you training in absolutely different gear than I've recommended above :happy:

With all these armours flying around maybe a few months time we'd see some people train on rabbits with full ice dragon

What's wrong with that ?

I ask because if there is really something wrong, Entropy should fix it perhaps ?

However, if there is nothing, why ridicule ?

Anyway, to answer your question "To use, or not to use" - in my opinion, at your a/d level, a full steel set plus titanium shield plus CoL plus NMT cloak/perk is the best option in terms of long term exp/cost relation. However, EL offers a wide range of other options available and I wouldn't be surprised seeing you training in absolutely different gear than I've recommended above :wub:

:blink:

Yeah I suppose I could go for CoL + Tit Shield + Steel Set. (ty to Raz too, I never thought about the -accuracy aspect), only problem is actually acquiring the items...say...you're a rich player...Christmas coming up...wanna gieb ? :happy:

for ogres i trained in ti chain, aug pants and iron greaves, with CoL and steel shield, using uni med. this will absorb all non-crit damage, aslong as you have a decent amount of toughness, stronger armour may be required if on reset, so its no worse than full ti, and it has an overall +12 def bonus so you'll actually use less hes/srs than any other set up, and apart from the CoL its all really cheap so no worries if it breaks.

Guest Trojan_Knight

Funny that you mention back when we use to "make" minor healing pots, lets say while awaiting someone to come into wsc arena for example? lolz.. Even back then I didn't make pots. My great friend Amplifire would make them for me. Haven't seen him in years. But anyways. There is a multitude of ways to encourage to train. That doesn't cost crap. Take my good friends empy's thread as a example that can be found in the skills area of forums. That build he explains step by step saves you a bunch of gc, and ingreds, and supplies and etc bs and boosts def Lv and requires max human 3 nexus I think. Wtf could be better? Seriously.. I'd rather break 100 leather boots, 100 leather pants, 100 steel shields, etc, then to break any 1 piece of steel plate armor or a armor that is "considered" better/ or more fab, because of training.

As for someone training on rats in the ip rat cave in full ice drag set. I think I would have to laugh if they were seriously training a/d there wearing that. I think I would probally even have to go out of my way, to get them to #ignore me. lolz.

~~> me <~~ :(

I used to train on fluffys with full leather. :whistle:

Though my build what a bit different than the norm, I used vitality instead of will. You end up training for longer using less items. The affects in PK are actually benefitial if you remember (PuNa) I was up with higher a/d chars because of my build.

Yes it is a waste, no people don't care. I've seen it going on for a long time. Even when iron plate as you say now being considered n00b in your eyes, when it was the best armor available it was still used. Despite its negative affects -3 def and -2 accuracy. You are basically training your magic level because your hitting less often and getting hit more often.

Look at the penalties and advantages of the armor you are wearing before you spend a lot of time using it. For the average person training in full tit doesn't make a difference because they make most of their money doing other things not fighting. If you are a full fighter, stick with augmented or just regular leather and maybe a steel or tit chain.

Just use augmented leathers, iron helm, moon med, steel shield + bone...... On fluff :whistle: Im training like that right now and its really cheap training :mace:

I use full Steel on Feros and it's also really cheap training... my def/react way above the requirement for Feros, so i break nothing.

There's no single armor setup that will simply work for everyone that's "best" or "cheapest". Heaps of other stuff has to be taken into account.

Generally i like to absorb all non-crit dmg, so my recommendation to everyone would be to wear the minimum so u absorb all non-crit and don't be hasty to TS your def too low (also ofc consider the acc/def bonuses/penalties and how that will effect your training)... but different people want different things out of their training. Some want exp per hour, some want exp per resource, some want zero risk of breaking anything expensive... and some want to look cool.

Generally i agree with Cruella, just worry about yourself and achieving what you want from training, and dont care about what someone else is doing.

Edited by Korrode

I think magpie, the short answer is you have to realize EL is a different game than it was back when you started and learned your ways and what was appropriate to equip. We didn't have the EL shop back then for instant access to the good stuff (or instant ability to replace broken stuff even if we can't afford it ingame), or even have the choices newer players have now. Plus remember we had required levels for some things too such as capes. It's just different now. *shrugs*

Train in whatever you want, who cares what others think.

You got the armor from somewhere, someone...helping the economy.

From my side, i train in whatever doesnt get me killed, saves my resources so i dont have to heal a bunch or use a ton of SR's, just kinda makes sense to me. I really never cared what others thought of what i was wearing. Actually, that never entered my mind. I was more concerned with playing the game the way i wanted to, haveing fun and not caring what other people do or how they play the game thier way. Everything i ever trained on was way stronger than me so i needed good protection, good armor. I did this for the great expierence i got . The only time i used aug or regular armor or even no armor was for pvp training. I never use a weapon when "training" , only a bone or bare fists.

That's the was the way i played.

Peace

i can see switching to titanium shield for training for more accuracy especially when just moving up to a new creature etc but most of that armor i don't see the point in training with it. it's thousands of gcs for usually a few points of armor when the point is not to get hit. looking at costs vs HE and SR expense it's a huge risk. i would probably end up using more HEs and SRs to ensure i don't lose that armor. odds are you aren't going to get the gc value from it.

Edited by HereticEast

th epurpose of it is to absorb all damage and reduce on supplies.

It's useful when you start fighting high crit monsters like cycs who in aug would bash you to death.

I train orcs in aug, steel shield, uni med, and col. I only have 30 health without it, so I consider this a necessity. Most of the other people I see around my a/d don't use a col, but I don't think its excessive.

It's useful when you start fighting high crit monsters like cycs who in aug would bash you to death.

this thread was about low level monsters but still 50k+ worth of armor vs the cost of the HEs and mana pots when does it pay off? Cols are different 150hp is worth that much.

this thread was about low level monsters but still 50k+ worth of armor vs the cost of the HEs and mana pots when does it pay off? Cols are different 150hp is worth that much.

There is some comfort and laziness to it as well. When I have cheap armors, I last like hour on cyclops (these babies beat the crap out of me even with 70/77 and rather high p/c of 36/44), when I use full steel plate armor, I can be there for more than two hours. When you are battling over spawns at scholars/sun tzu, less restocking is essential.

To answer your question. No, it probably does not pays off financially, but there are other values than just gold coins.

I was in augs with iron shield all the way up to ogres (and I guess technically armed orcs though I never trained on them).

Ogres were aug pants with steel chain and steel shield.

Switched to steel plate (early on steel set with tit chain for a top) for the clops, and tit set now that I have NMT and am close to switching to fluffies. Cyclops tears through augs like mad, thus the switch there.

Pre-ogres, which is what's more important for the purpose of the thread, there's really no reason to wear anything above an aug set. Spending enough time leveling manu so you can make your own as you go along helps a lot of course.

But to each their own, if they wanna risk high-level gear kicking wolves and the like, it's their business. I'll snicker at them a bit, but they can't hear me. :)

Hello all,

You've got to remember that some of us out there have unrealistic #ping times. Mine averages ~1600ms although I've seen it as high as 3600. REALLY good days it's about 1200. Try fighting with that type of connection. You can die easily without better-than-you'd-normally-want-to-use armor. I don't have to worry about that at the moment, I'm 28/30 a/d and still train on unarmed goblins from time to time. I've tried moving to large spiders, but I come very close to dying rather frequently. I'm either going to have to stick with the gobs and spiders until I get ridiculously high a/d/p/c for them, or buy better armor. Doesn't really bother me though. I mine more than I fight. *shrugs*

Jayim_Duinara

Member of Ozú!

My training gear is as follows...

tit chain, aug pants, leather boots, CoL, uni med, steel shield and fur cape on feros. In 2 hours training I can pull in over 725,000 OA exp with only ~4K magic exp during that time.

I see no need to use a steel/tit/drag set to train with. A waste imo but I could care less what someone else is comfortable using for their training.

NewTwoHourEXP.jpg

i used to train in full steel+col+nmt when i was on gargs, because i could afford to do so, then my a/d growing i adapted my training gear to my needs and to the monter's strengh :

ogres : went from full steel to steel chain/aug pants

same for armed orcs

cyclops : always full steel

fluffs : full steel then aug set

same goes for feros

:P

Pfft, I use aug set + iron helm, steel shield.. And I train d.chims ^^

You're all expensive trainers :P