Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

Portland Arena

New suggestion.. I've thought about it for a while.. So here it goes..

It's a new arena in Portland, thats based on Combat Levels, not Level limits.. So its goes something like this..

Combat Level = 250, that means you can attack people who are +/- 20* Combat Level of you..

Now, thats a good idea.. But also some limitations on armours/weapons.. Can either be limited to Human 5, or Human 6, with the removal of Magic Swords / Armours. (JS of Cooling, Ubber Defense Greaves) making the fighting based on pure tactics/stratergy/skill. Rather than pure $$/GC players.

The reason I suggested Portland is because it's C1, it dosn't have an Arena, it's got a close Storage, and people can sit outside of the Arena and watch the fights.

As we know there are already alot of Arena's.. But introducing this, means they could/should be removed since no-one will use them. [both the DP Arena's, KJ Arena, are all pretty dead.]

Something that could be used to spice it up.. People don't drop there equiped Items, but they have a 50% chance (Same as normal) to drop whats in there inventory.. Now, that won't be alot, but it would be nice for the person who wins (If any, diss works.) so they get a little drop of essences/potions, maybe the odd sword/cape.)

Thoughts/Comments?

Change all PK areas to ND, but then some people will start complaining about having no chance for profits from PKing (which would be 100% right in this case)

C'mon guys - at least some common sense.

Change all PK areas to ND, but then some people will start complaining about having no chance for profits from PKing (which would be 100% right in this case)

Not saying to chahnge them, all, i thought it meant to change kf back to regular and make nca ND

No, changing one arena was my suggestion, actually.

@Liguid

Awesome idea ofc :icon13:

Now, thats a good idea.. But also some limitations on armours/weapons.. Can either be limited to Human 5, or Human 6, with the removal of Magic Swords / Armours. (JS of Cooling, Ubber Defense Greaves) making the fighting based on pure tactics/stratergy/skill. Rather than pure $$/GC players.

Easiest way is to make JSoC/CotM/uber def greave/etc. all require Human:7, then yeah just allowing human:6 gear (i.e. cant attack if u have human:7 gear in inv/equipped).

Would be sweet.

Easiest way is to make JSoC/CotM/uber def greave/etc. all require Human:7,

Would be sweet.

Or Human 10+ :rolleyes:

also a very nice idea :icon13:

Would be sweet.

Wouldn't it make them even more suitable for 'evil irl rich' people who can afford buying nexus?

Would be sweet.

Wouldn't it make them even more suitable for 'evil irl rich' people who can afford buying nexus?

Those people are near invincible and can use those weapons now anyways, no?

Acelon & Iori obv didn't read all of my post, as I answered both of what you said in the post.

I thought of everything, and had an answer for it.. Change NC Arena, it dosn't matter to me what happens, just do something other than ND KF, so players can choose. Insted of running into KF to find ~8-10 people there doing nothing but talking. And then getting ganged 1 vs X.

Infact changing NC Arena would be better, it's 1on1.. There aee places for people to sit and watch the fights, and storage near by. Then people wont moan about 'omfgosh another PK map wtf!!1'

Insted of running into KF to find ~8-10 people there doing nothing but talking. And then getting ganged 1 vs X.

Umm maybe i don't get something, but why don't you go inside with your guildies/allies and pwn the ~8-10 talking people ?

Insted of running into KF to find ~8-10 people there doing nothing but talking. And then getting ganged 1 vs X.

Umm maybe i don't get something, but why don't you go inside with your guildies/allies and pwn the ~8-10 talking people ?

maybe sometimes there not on?

Acelon & Iori obv didn't read all of my post, as I answered both of what you said in the post.

I'd like to know which part of my posts referred to your idea. I didn't comment on it. I did comment on making NC arena a no drop one, though. (If my words have been misunderstood, I apologise).

My second post addressed the suggestion of making the most powerful items requiring human nexus at 10. Which, again, wasn't a part of your first suggestion.

The reason I didn't comment on your post was pretty simple - I'm not a PKer and it wouldn't affect me much.

The reason I commented on making one more (and most probably following) PK area no drop ones is as simple. Many people actively PKing mentioned that there are no profits from doing it at all. Adding more and more no drop areas wouldn't change this fact, would it?

I thought of everything, and had an answer for it.. Change NC Arena, it dosn't matter to me what happens, just do something other than ND KF, so players can choose. Insted of running into KF to find ~8-10 people there doing nothing but talking. And then getting ganged 1 vs X.

Infact changing NC Arena would be better, it's 1on1.. There aee places for people to sit and watch the fights, and storage near by. Then people wont moan about 'omfgosh another PK map wtf!!1'

I'm not sure if you've read your own suggestion, honestly. As far as I can see (even though I'm short-sighted I can see the screen 40cm from my face) the thread is titled:

Portland Arena

(pity there's no 'blink' option)

and not Nordcarn Arena. Moreover, you didn't mention making Portland Arena no drop one.

Edited by Iori

Guest Trojan_Knight

Liquid, your my buddy.. Have made me laugh for a long long time.. Use to pull some crazy bs.. But honestly, I have mixed feelings about this idea. I'll explain why.

What I think could be viewed as negatives. There are a bunch of arena's in C1, C2 that are hardly being used. To create another arena, even with the implitation of a combat level adjenda and nexus restrictions.. Many including myself, may think it will just become a upgraded form of the arena's that are in DP. The idea is similar, yet different. I'm unsure if changing the human nexus requirments would make a drastic change. Because now what is occuring is restrictions are being placed apon people.. Things are being taken away. For some, they may view that as a negative ordeal. "Why go to arena etc if my buddies and I can go to ND KF." Many nubbs may say..

But what I do like. Is the idea of using a exsisting arena. Like the example you used. NC for example. Maybe include everything you said. Don't have it as a ND Arena since that is KF, maybe instead. Transform it into a double exp arena. Now you have the perfert solo arena. NC was used for a long time by many as a place to train, just like DP. Yet if you were lucky enough ya wouldn't get caught up in ya pvp partner selling ya off to the wolfs. Double exp would draw people there for training. Dangerous, due to DbE if was made so. Yet I think many would take the risk. Maybe NC isn't big enough for that. Regardless there are other area's on C1 or C2 that are currently pk, solo and big enough that don't include KF. I think if a pk area like this was made. It should remain on C1 to give everyone a opportunity to attend. This idea would draw in a sense old timer fun pk, but with current days times I think. Because you need a positive bait to draw people, which in chain causes people hunting people.

edit: Didn't see a need to double post. Forgot to include: Also this idea in the above may draw people from their maps. Since you can't have DbE arena's on ya guild map. Since, that is where I would be willing to say at least 45% - 60% of people do most of their pvp'n. Maybe DbE is to much, who knows, I would go there if it was 1.5 x exp. Anyways, have fun :devlish:

~~> me <~~ :medieval:

Edited by Trojan_Knight

My suggestion wasn't to make it no drop, it was to make it so that only equiped items didn't drop, meaning everything in your inventory can be, and making it so that special armours/swords didn't work in this arena.

I don't care about making a new arena, there are already way to many, just change NC to what I suggested.

I like the idea...some special armors give big advantages to the players that got them... but still those armors are part of the game.

Don t misunderstand me i dont own such kind of armor and more likely i wont buy one cause they are plenty more usefull things to spend gc on.

Imho since KF is no drop so the cost of rostos doesnt affect the pkers, plus the fact that the attributes were capped 1 year ago (so there arent players with crazy coord /physique...and a group of "n00bs" can kill an pr0), should have increased the average pk players / time.

As i see it those were good ideas to promote pk

But the numbers of pkers didnt increase, and KF is kinda "empty" again.

I dont think that getting special armors of will increase the players due to (as i see it)

1. There are few left (~50 pkers in game) most likely fighting all those years , knowning the other pk players, simply dont fight eachother, or some of them are reseted or they just doing somethin else or keep training attributes or pk guild alliances ... so considerring also different timezones , there are simply too few to pk

2. To get gc in game is hard, not only if u want to spend it in pk equipment but also advance another skill,so someone might prefer to buy something else than spent it pk

3. Average 80s-100s a/d are still afraid to go pk simply cause they will get pwned, they dont see pk as fun, its mostly pride thing

I like the idea of some oldschool pk, but there is a map for that and rostos dont work either... but TD is empty also...

Idk what actually would help pk, i just keep it simple, to increase % of players that pk, there should be an increase to all players(i mean more players in general ingame

I like the idea of an arena that u cant use special armor but as always it will only help the existing pkers , there will be no "new blood"

Thats my opinion and i agree with all expensive etc pk

XaRondas

Edited by XaRondas

Maybe, as suggested a million times before, just make a single combat area at DP entrance in KF, so that those who chicken out and don't want to be gangraped can walk a little further and get their honorable fights?

Just change rosts so that in an arena (any arena) it only works for the equipped items! Then additional rules (what Liq said) can finish it off.

People would still be able to use 'normal' pk maps if they want to protect ALL of their items. I'm not really sure about the number of people that would make use of such a feature tho. Perhaps everyone is scarred as hell :medieval:

A better way to promote it and also make sure that people do it agains players of their own level is to have an NPC control the area. A good place to have this would be the WSC Arena since it has place for spectators and ain't to long walk from NC storage. The arena should be ND and instead the prize should be by betting and not a random drop.

- The only way to enter the arena is to talk to the NPC.

By talking to the NPC you can select prize money: 500gc 5Kgc or 50kgc.

By talking to the NPC you can select what kind of armour/weapons that can be used from 0 to 10 - any weapon or armour that need more then the selected amount will be hold by the NPC until the fight ends.

Then you pay your prize money to the NPC gc + a 3% commission and you are magically moved into the arena.

The NPC will then announce the challenge and anyone who wants to try and challange you can talk with the NPC and pay their part of the prize money. But they can only do it if they are close enough in combat level so no one might fight someone who is a lot better than themselves. And if it goes well you two will be in the arena and start the figh.

In the arena there is a button you can press to get out - if you is alone in the arena- i.e. the opponent is dead - you get all the prize money. Thus when winning against a enemy you get 1Kgc, 10Kgc or even 100Kgc - half of it being the money you put up.

This way opponents can challenge each others and only lose the amount they are willing to win/lose in the fight.

There can be special events "Fight night" with different combat classes with added items for more excitement and many more spectators and combatants.

Edited by Silvatica