Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

The Kilaran Field Clash

I've just finished going around storages spamming (since the mods refused to global #message for the event), i'll wait just a few more mins for late sign ups, then i'll post teams, and we'll all meet at VOTD storage.

...teams in a few mins...

EDIT

oh, a lot of people have said to me "i'm too low a/d" or "i'm too weak", etc.... people, KF IS MULTICOMBAT AND NO DROPS. No one is too weak, no one will be useless, and death costs you nothing.

Edited by Korrode

The 2 guilds being used are Guild VeX and guild TeK.

The char to PM to join VeX is called VeX (yes, same as the guild tag).

The char to PM to join TeK is called QELBot (no, it's not an actual bot.

Just PM "join" to the appropriate char for your team.

REMEMBER TO DO #join_guild <tag> BEFORE PM'ing

Team VeX

Smurf

Rick

Zamolxes

Jinzongli

Ozmondius

Fireballs

Druss

Altaria

Sirphill

Dilly

E_mc2

Hermano

Zigman

Trucker28a

Sir_Exeus

Anthony

Team TeK

Sabbath

Samy_Navilian

Conavar

Stormie

Liquid

Bretryano

Jizzy

AzayaL

DMan

SouLove

Dushan

ppaulosantos

Dannus

Celace

Boedha

Zia

Edited by Korrode

Congratulations to team TeK! who dominated the event.

In the end, the teams were as follows:

Team VeX:

Smurf

Rick

SirPhill

Zamolxes

Druss

FireBalls

Dilly

Sir_Exeus

anthony

Ozmondius

Zigman

AltariA

Zia

Team TeK:

Dannus

SouLove

Sabbath

conavar

Dushan

AzayaL

Stormie

Bretryano

DMan

ppaulosantos

Dugur

Celace

There's concerns that team TeK was too strong, in future i'll try and balance the teams further. One problem i faced with that was a few last minute sign ups which i didn't want to deny because i wanted more participants.

...that said, i think team VeX could put much of the problem down to disorganisation.

Anyways i hope some fun was had, gratz to the winners! :devlish:

I caught a few little bits on camera too ;p will post on youtube.

There's concerns that team TeK was too strong, in future i'll try and balance the teams further. One problem i faced with that was a few last minute sign ups which i didn't want to deny because i wanted more participants.

...that said, i think team VeX could put much of the problem down to disorganisation.

Anyways i hope some fun was had, gratz to the winners! :medieval:

I caught a few little bits on camera too ;p will post on youtube.

That seems to be the ultimate blaming source for our loss :devlish:

Edited by Sir_Exeus

Was great, i enjoyed even tho my lag was insane for some reason.. i really hope the government don't go thru with that filtering bs if it does i would be at 3k ping + for these contests. pl0x host one when my internet isnt capped! <3

I think i recorded 90% of the event.. will try to upload it soon

Hows that vid coming along cel? ;)

When are we having another one?

I missed this one... seemed to be a real fun!

I would like to do it again, i think it's got the potential to be a lot more fun than it was this last time.

The hardest part is that if i am to take more time and put together well balanced teams long before the event, when people dont show up on the day it screws up the teams (and always at least some people aren't online or pull out)... but, if i wait until right before the event i dont have ample time to 'research' each competitior and get a good idea of their combat strength.

One way i was thinking to deal with this a fair way, is to have 2 knowledgable people each be appointed a 'team captain', and allow them to on the day pick their team mates, in-turn, out of available competitors (the same way team selection for a quick football game works).

We'll try it again soon, and i'll ask Radu if he can supply some prizes for the winning teams... if it works well maybe even a monthly event can be arranged.

Edited by Korrode

When are we having another one?

One way i was thinking to deal with this a fair way, is to have 2 knowledgable people each be appointed a 'team captain', and allow them to on the day pick their team mates, in-turn, out of available competitors (the same way team selection for a quick football game works).

Perfect idea...

It works the same to play soccer in Brazil. It might work fine in EL pk event, cause ppl that pk knows each other skills and strenght.... just be carefull to not elect a noob with bought char as captain... that might ruin things