Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

The Kilaran Field Clash

- The Kilaran Field Clash -

A PK competition where 2 teams battle for control of Fort Garisn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This KF Clash will be a 30 minute, equipment restricted test of strategy and teamwork for Fighters, Mages and Archers.

Kilaran Field is a "No Drops" PK map, where you do not drop any items when you die, even if you do not have a Rostogol stone in your inventory.

The Clash will have only 2 teams, the goal of each team will be to control Fort Garisn for as long as possible.

There are significant equipment restrictions, they are detailed below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 21:00:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

Rules:

1. Certain items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

• The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).
  • The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).
  • Staff of the Mage.
  • Medallion of Life.
  • BRoD and BoD.
  • Normal Branch and Bone.
  • The Golden Star mace.
  • The Bronze Sword.
  • Dragon Armors.
  • Mines/Caltrops/Wards.
  • Magic, Ice and Fire bolts. (That's only the bolts, not the arrows.)
  • Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia).

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

• Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium and Bronze armors.
  • All normal shields up to titanium.
  • Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.
  • Crowns of Life and Mana.
  • Any Cape.
  • Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.
  • All bows and arrows.
  • The crossbow and the normal bolts, PK bolts and Explosive bolts.
  • Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

2. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

3. Laying Mines and placing Wards during or before the event is NOT allowed.

Applies to all kinds of Mines, Caltrops and Wards.

4. Using a melee weapon in conjunction with an arrow or bolt is not allowed.

Anything not listed in the above four rules IS allowed (eg. all magic spells are allowed).

The Clash Layout:

The members of each team will need to join one of the two guilds i am providing for this event.

It is possible you could be fighting as opposition to your friends and guildmates. If you are not prepared to do this, do not sign up... and remember, it's meant to all be in good fun :)

The goal of each team is to "control" Fort Garisn for as much time as possible within the 30 minute span of the event.

Here is a screenshot of Fort Garisn:

fort_garisn.jpg

To be considered as "controlling" the fort, a team must have at least one member on the raised blue stone area at the back of the fort, and no members from the other team on the blue stone area.

To further clarify what i mean by 'the raised blue stone area', here is a top-down shot with the area highlighted in blue:

fort_garisn-topdown.jpg

(Map image credit: Rangers of the North guild)

I will be in a guild set as ally to both the guilds in the competition and will remain in the fort and keep track of who has control and how long for. Once the 30 minutes is up, whichever team was 'in control' for the longest will be declared the winner. (I will probably get someone else to help me as well, so i don't have to monitor for equipment restriction violations whilst also keeping track of fort control.)

All competitors will be removed from the guilds at the end of the event.

Signing up, and conclusion:

If you would like to sign up, please post on this thread and state your in-game name. If you cannot post on the forums, contact myself (Korrode) in-game.

Which team each participant is on will be decided based on their levels, combat levels, and other factors, to create 2 balanced teams, to the best of my ability.

Signed up competitors:

Smurf

Zamolxes

Sabbath

Rick

Samy_Navilian

jinzongli

Conavar

Stormie

Liquid

Bretryano

Jizzy

AzayaL

Ozmondius

FireBalls

Druss

DMan

Altaria

Sirphill

Trucker28a

SouLove

Dushan

Zia

ppaulosantos

Dannus

Celace

Boedha

Dilly

Hermano

Zigman

E_mc2

Q. If i die, can i return to the fight?

A. Yes.

Q. Can i use ring of <whatever>?

A. Yes, if it's not listed under rule 1 as disallowed, then you CAN use it..

Edited by Korrode

It's been suggested to me to move the event to the following weekend as some people may be away around new years, so i'm moving it to the 10th of Jan... does that still work for those already signed up?

Nice contest once again, Korr. :)

Good luck with it.

#Edit - Thinking about it, those arrows are too powerful for such an event, I'd suggest removing them. (So they can't be equiped.) just to be on the safe said.

Edited by Liquid

leave the arrows in imo (for rangers only tho) rangers are in a complete unfair advantage a it is >.> have you seen how slow those arrows shot?

Nice contest once again, Korr. :)

Good luck with it.

#Edit - Thinking about it, those arrows are too powerful for such an event, I'd suggest removing them. (So they can't be equiped.) just to be on the safe said.

Sadly i think you're right Liq... at first i thought to just make a rule saying that equipping an arrow/bolt with a sword isn't allowed, but it'll be too hard for me to monitor the equipment restrictions if i allow those bolts.

With them disallowed, the only orange messages i should be seeing is from a dragon blade (mana burn) or a Scythe (150 dmg), and those are melee weps, with a low chance of effect that are easier to spot if i do see an orange message.

So addional rules:

1. Certain items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:
  • Magic, Ice and Fire bolts.

4. Using a melee weapon in conjunction with an arrow or bolt is not allowed.

EDIT:

leave the arrows in imo (for rangers only tho) rangers are in a complete unfair advantage a it is >.> have you seen how slow those arrows shot?

The problem is SenZ, it creates too much potential for disputes.

Orange spam stars rolling in, then someone will be claiming they weren't hit by a bolt and that it's that their opponent was using JSoC or CotM or whatever.

EDIT2: Also remember, unless people cast heat/cold shield, they wont have their dragon armors absorbing lots of the heat/cold damage from fire/ice arrows. Each scored ice arrow hit will be a guaranteed minimum 36 damage (and could be worse, depending on peoples armors), a few archers firing into a fight could make all the difference. Archers wont be disadvantaged too much imo.

Archers and Mages are primarily support personal by the design of EL, and they will be in this competition too.

Edited by Korrode

EDIT2: Also remember, unless people cast heat/cold shield, they wont have their dragon armors absorbing lots of the heat/cold damage from fire/ice arrows. Each scored ice arrow hit will be a guaranteed minimum 36 damage (and could be worse, depending on peoples armors), a few archers firing into a fight could make all the difference. Archers wont be disadvantaged too much imo.

LOL thts the point isnt ? .. you want a few archers firing at some on to make no diffrence at all XD .. srry korr you know i love you <3

seriusly no matter what they have a disavantage IMO :/

Edit: i was playing on the Test serv in KF :x (dont ban me plz) i was fighting desweer i killed him and noticed there was some one firing some fire arrows at me .. only reason i noticed i was getting atked by a ranger was cause pretty colored arrows were crossing my screen >.> in other words i was being fired at and ment nothing .. i didnt even notice LOL XD ..

Edited by SenZon

we must have a misunderstanding or something SenZ...

I'm disallowing the ice, fire and magic bolts, not the arrows. :)

My example is showing what still can happen at the event, even after the rule addition.

EDIT:

Edit: i was playing on the Test serv in KF :x (dont ban me plz) i was fighting desweer i killed him and noticed there was some one firing some fire arrows at me .. only reason i noticed i was getting atked by a ranger was cause pretty colored arrows were crossing my screen >.> in other words i was being fired at and ment nothing .. i didnt even notice LOL XD ..

I cant help it if there's simply flaws within the archery system ;p

Edited by Korrode

we must have a misunderstanding or something SenZ...

I'm disallowing the ice, fire and magic bolts, not the arrows. ;)

What's the reasoning behind that?

A melee fighter can equip them with a sword and cooldown and mana burn/deplete others. Overpowered.

Due to the fact most all weapons with overpowered effects are restricted, as i said a couple of posts ago, if i allowed usage of these bolts even only in conjunction with a crossbow, it will make moderating the event for equipment restriction violations extremely hard (as there'll still be heaps of the orange cooldown/mana burn/etc. messages coming in). I also am fairly certain that they will be overpowered in general, and i am not a fan of how these kind of items place the outcome of fights in the hands of luck. Skill and character strength should win fights, not luck.

chance of hitting anyone with an enchanted bolt would be close to F.A anyway , cnsidering the accuracy penalties , so ruling them out of the event is like leaving them in, but saving you 35kgc in the process

a few archers firing into a fight could make all the difference. Archers wont be disadvantaged too much imo.

Archers and Mages are primarily support personal by the design of EL, and they will be in this competition too.

I regret to say that but as to rangers it is very unlikely due to "no line of fire" limitation. As long as we do not have a kind of drop shot that allows to shoot above obstacle, rangers are disadvantaged and in some circumstances useless (please check if it is possible at all to target from within a fort a person that stands outside).

put all =hc= on 1 team then rest of EL vs us

And The Braggard of The Year Award goes to ..... :hiya:

Sign me up (so stormie doesnt tell me off)

:)

\0/ I'm in too (then con can't tell me off :))

come on guys and gals this will be fun