Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
popeye

Pay Arenas

I haven't thought out all the details, nor do I pk very often <very, very little>. I do read the pk posts though. Would it be feasible/possible to make a pay arena? You could pay for multi-combat or single. Say the more you pay at the entrance the less chance of losing your armor/goods. By a percentage point amount. Or having an npc that sells the small rostos as you enter. As I typed earlier, I don't pk often, just a few ideas that came to mind reading about pk/pki.

I have Pk'd on NDD in DP and in NC cave before. Dp was fun, it was single combat. NC wasn't as fun, the poor guy that attacked me had no chance. (We had crossed each other and he circled back to attack me.) Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated. Flame away.

its free to enter , its no drop and its called KF... so why do u propose all this changes?

after all there are cap arenas multi/single combat that u can pk ppl of your ~a/d

If its he price of rosto that bothers u just dis/tele ;p

Edited by XaRondas

what would be cooler is an arena where it's ND, but each person puts up an item before the fight, and both competitors agree to each others item, the fight winner gets the other persons nominated item.

what would be cooler is an arena where it's ND, but each person puts up an item before the fight, and both competitors agree to each others item, the fight winner gets the other persons nominated item.

Or even the nominated gc. Should be able to bet anything. Would make PK worth while...

It's not Suggestion Forums, is it?

A mod that can't read? Odd. NO need to post if you can't be constructive, eh? It was moved. It was also about PK which had alot of discussion going on in general topics.

Moved to appropriate forum section.

THanks Aislinn.

P.S. *notice there were no snide remarks in her post?*

Pr0 idea, but we can do that now, if both parties trust a 3rd to hold the loot.

with the help of an NCP/BOT , the arena in question could be kept single combat , between two willing fighters , by that I mean only 2 people in the arena at one time, so some other person doesnt come in and start casting spells / summoning / waiting for a diss

btw bit off topic but an arena like that should not allow summons , as they are a shit way to win a fight ;)

Pr0 idea, but we can do that now, if both parties trust a 3rd to hold the loot.

I also like the idea, but I'd sleep a lot more soundly at night knowing an impartial NPC was holding my stuff. Plus, I would never trust a fourth party not to come along and crash the party once the fight was over. Better to have the betting arena where only two people can be in at a time, in my opinion.

Maybe there could be a guard bot to keep all third parties out, one with stats to pwn asgnny and anti diss capabilities ;)

Ok, maybe not that last part.......

lol

i wonder after how many fights people will put in a bone or a red snapdragon to that loot, saying that they have a black dragon torso...?

i think that the average of the items to win would be worth 1gc or less... i mean come on! be realistic! someone puts in 100k gc and the other party puts a tiger lilly! it would be such a great opportunity for scammers!

Edited by furzwei

Well, there is the possibility to use a window similar to the trade window when interacting with that NPC. Both fighters would see what the other one is putting in, and both would need to accept before the NPC take it. That may solve this problem (if it's not too hard to code, of course).

i wonder after how many fights people will put in a bone or a red snapdragon to that loot, saying that they have a black dragon torso...?

i think that the average of the items to win would be worth 1gc or less... i mean come on! be realistic! someone puts in 100k gc and the other party puts a tiger lilly! it would be such a great opportunity for scammers!

Obviously the NPC would confirm each persons item to the other competitor, and remove it from the losers inv/storage and place it in the winners. :icon13: